Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Despite what forum posters think. Blizzard are allowed to make new story so it makes sense

Also, as they've stated before the ingame stuff typically prioritises gameplay > lore

It's why we have 50 million Ashbringers in-game yet in lore, there is still only one.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Despite what forum posters think. Blizzard are allowed to make new story so it makes sense

Also, as they've stated before the ingame stuff typically prioritises gameplay > lore

It's why we have 50 million Ashbringers in-game yet in lore, there is still only one.
    Exactly, we have 2 dalarans in game, but only 1 in lore.

Silver Covenant elves mostly moved to Trueshot Lodge in the current timeline.

And raid bosses respawn every week for Gameplay reasons too

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    I watched the video, I don't disagree, but my point stands.

First there are game mechanics, after which comes the story to "make it make sense".

And no, 177 upboats won't get you anything. Same if not worse uproar was about pandas, bovine paladins or worgen druid. A FRIGGIN DOG THAT TURNS INTO A CAT? WHAT THE HECK BLIZZ?!!
    If you actually watched the video, you'd know that at 3:15 I pose how they might make sense as the Sunreavers and how the rest of the video is built off of that. So for 3 minutes I talk about how they don't make sense, and then for 13 minutes I talk about how they could make sense where I put forward my Sunreaver theory. So when I don't believe you didn't watch all of it, it's because my video is looking for a way to make Void Elves believable, not disprove them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, it was quite clear: Not going to happen. But like any company they would never use the word never, etc, because people would see that as a hard promise.
    Rule #1 for businesses: Don't make hard promises like that. Ever.
    Blizzard does too make hard promises, although infrequent. At this BlizzCon Ion state we will, for sure, get new Goblin and Worgen models after BfA launce, which contradicted all the other Devs, who had to backtrack because he is Lead Dev. They also took a firm stance in saying Anduin is a priest, not a paladin. They also took a firm stance to clarify why 'Allied Races' are not 'Sub Races' as some races like Jinyu could be added later that aren't a "sub race" of anything.

I don't know why I'm even explaining all of this because it is not debatable, it is fact -- Blizzard has never stated High Elves won't be playable. If they had, this conversation would be over. Many in this forum would be elated and many would be upset. Saying "High Elves are pretty much Blood Elves" and "Void Elves are another flavor of High Elves" does not invalidate them. If you think it does, then you need to work on your comprehension of the English language. It is this sort of wording that lawyer like Ion love to use to not commit themselves, however unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    @SpeedyOcelot -- Once upon a time they did care. You are more or less correct though as much as I wouldn't like to admit it. Doesn't mean those of us who care about the original story of the universe can't hope for more, however.
    Oh I fully agree with that - can always hope - and there was some purpose to the lore in the WC3 times and it was pretty good.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I think those times are gone and buried.

Anecdotal evidence. Most of the Blood Elf players I know and talk to feel like it cheapens Blood Elf lore. Most off the people I talk to are lore gurus and play on an RP realm though. Its a case by case basis. Its usually the people who care about the lore who this bothers. This is a lore-based argument purely. I'm sure they will look cool, but that isn't the part that bothers me about this. People who only care about "cool things" or character models obviously won't care.
    Yes it is anecdotal evidence this isnt a research center its a website where we share our opinions and experiences. Notice how i said seems to me? and most of the ones I KNOW. This is what it means to voice your own experience and not say its literally only Alliance raging or belves dont care. Dont try so hard to deconstruct my post and actually read and see it literally says in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Why even keep forcing the factions onto us then? I'll admit it was pretty damn stupid of me to think it was finally over save for the spat between "werewolf Hitler" and "Too smart to start a faction war" as they're known on these forums, but short of Alliance goblins literally nothing good can come of this. I already feel bad for all the existing Shal'dorei RPers on Alliance who are now being told they're wrong, but... god I just hate the Allied Races in the context of faction warfare starting up again.
    I don't. RPers should be allowed to have fun but at some point what is more important? Roleplaying the actual story or trying to make the story fit what they want it to be?

Nightborne are Horde. High Elves/Blood Elves are Horde. Pretending to be an Alliance High Elf or an Alliance Nightborne is up to them but they have to be aware they are pretending the story and the world are other than it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I remember that in the forgotten realms there is a separation between drow and dark elves, then alliance gets drow and the horde dark elves
    My OCD makes me wish that the Nightborne were called Dark Elves but I disagree about the Night Elves being Drow.

The Night Elves are Wood Elves, just purple ones.

- - - Updated - - -

@Kangodo -- Blizzard has never explicitly stated that High Elves will never be playable. They've never dropped the gauntlet on that. They've danced around it.
    Except for that time Ion was flat out asked about it, he laughed and said High Elves ARE Blood Elves.

But he's just the game director and was asked in the deep distant past of four weeks ago so his view can be discounted.

And IF his comments have to be interpreted in any way, surely it is as 'High Elves are totally coming and we are waiting for the right moment to introduce them' rather than 'haha you keep making this request yet the race is already there'.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember that in the forgotten realms there is a separation between drow and dark elves, then alliance gets drow and the horde dark elves
    If you actually watched the video, you'd know that at 3:15 I pose how they might make sense as the Sunreavers and how the rest of the video is built off of that. So for 3 minutes I talk about how they don't make sense, and then for 13 minutes I talk about how they could make sense where I put forward my Sunreaver theory. So when I don't believe you didn't watch all of it, it's because my video is looking for a way to make Void Elves believable, not disprove them.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard does too make hard promises, although infrequent. At this BlizzCon Ion state we will, for sure, get new Goblin and Worgen models after BfA launce, which contradicted all the other Devs, who had to backtrack because he is Lead Dev. They also took a firm stance in saying Anduin is a priest, not a paladin. They also took a firm stance to clarify why 'Allied Races' are not 'Sub Races' as some races like Jinyu could be added later that aren't a "sub race" of anything.

I don't know why I'm even explaining all of this because it is not debatable, it is fact -- Blizzard has never stated High Elves won't be playable. If they had, this conversation would be over. Many in this forum would be elated and many would be upset. Saying "High Elves are pretty much Blood Elves" and "Void Elves are another flavor of High Elves" does not invalidate them. If you think it does, then you need to work on your comprehension of the English language. It is this sort of wording that lawyer like Ion love to use to not commit themselves, however unlikely.
    It really isn't debateable. High Elves were almost certainly considered as an Allied race. You yourself say they were the quintessential Allied race. I reckon they may have even been the first to be considered.

Yet they were rejected and the Void Elves created to take their place.

I can't see what you cannot grasp the obvious here. The Void Elves, which YOU say make no sense, were created specifically to answer a demand for the Thalassian model in the Alliance that Blizzard could meet WITHOUT giving them a straight up Blood Elf clone.

It's self-apparent , it's obvious, Void Elves means no High Elves because if they were ever going to give you High Elves, they would have done so instead of making Void Elves.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-11-30 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I liked your video and I like your bravery especially with this thread and all the high elf haters it will bring.
    Most people value validation over education. They value being right over learning. They don't want dialogue, they want to debate. They view it as a zero sum game with winners and losers. What I'm attempting to do is foster dialogue from both sides where I play devils advocate with myself on the topic and explain both sides. The very fact that I'm doing that is going to ruffle the feathers of those types of people on both sides. I'm getting hate from pro-High Elf and pro-Void Elf alike, which means I'm doing something right.

Thank you for you words of encouragement. These types of posts go a long way with all content creators. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I don't. RPers should be allowed to have fun but at some point what is more important? Roleplaying the actual story or trying to make the story fit what they want it to be?

Nightborne are Horde. High Elves/Blood Elves are Horde. Pretending to be an Alliance High Elf or an Alliance Nightborne is up to them but they have to be aware they are pretending the story and the world are other than it is.

- - - Updated - - -

My OCD makes me wish that the Nightborne were called Dark Elves but I disagree about the Night Elves being Drow.

The Night Elves are Wood Elves, just purple ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for that time Ion was flat out asked about it, he laughed and said High Elves ARE Blood Elves.

But he's just the game director and was asked in the deep distant past of four weeks ago so his view can be discounted.

And IF his comments have to be interpreted in any way, surely it is as 'High Elves are totally coming and we are waiting for the right moment to introduce them' rather than 'haha you keep making this request yet the race is already there'.

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn't debateable. High Elves were almost certainly considered as an Allied race. You yourself say they were the quintessential Allied race. I reckon they may have even been the first to be considered.

Yet they were rejected and the Void Elves created to take their place.

I can't see what you cannot grasp the obvious here. The Void Elves, which YOU say make no sense, were created specifically to answer a demand for the Thalassian model in the Alliance that Blizzard could meet WITHOUT giving them a straight up Blood Elf clone.

It's self-apparent , it's obvious, Void Elves means no High Elves because if they were ever going to give you High Elves, they would have done so instead of making Void Elves.
    possible that "shal'dorei" means "Children of Shadow" since Shalla'tor means "Shadow Render"

10+ Year Old Account
    possible that "shal'dorei" means "Children of Shadow" since Shalla'tor means "Shadow Render"
    So...Shadow Elves?

So...Shadow Elves?
    maybe

Imo alliance generally got cucked for allied races.

Void elves made up of only one race makes no sense. Void magic is not exclusive to elves, elves don't have some property that only they can control the void, Alleria could easily teach humans or gnomes how to control the void. Having them from one race makes no fucking sense. Re-introducing high elves would have been great.

The same concept goes for lightforged draenai. Draenai are not the only race that can be light forged. It would 100% made more sense FOR THE BROKEN to join up.

Dark iron is also a cop out. The dark iron joined the alliance in cataclysm. Yet there is some other bunch of dark irons on kul tiras that justify's dark iron customizations that should have been in at cataclysm and what about the wildhammer clan? Are they just going to be another lame allied race?

Horde def got the better end of the stick. Nightborne is a great contrast to blood elves and same goes with the Zandalar and highmountain. And they all make justifiable sense, they are all factions of their respective races that were already separated from the originals.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    So...Shadow Elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post

I don't see the relevance? It's look like a Void Elf mount.

Deleted
    I don't see the relevance? It's look like a Void Elf mount.
    i just wanted to show in case anyone here missed it
    alleria is going to meet sylvanas maybe she dies

also void elves start north of stratholme in the old ''quel'danas'' area island during classic

10+ Year Old Account
    i just wanted to show in case anyone here missed it
    alleria is going to meet sylvanas maybe she dies

also void elves start north of stratholme in the old ''quel'danas'' area island during classic

No, Alleria is the Void Elf racial leader. Veressa is the one we expect to die.

And Void Elves start at level 20 in Stormwind. Part of the reason Allied races are created is that they don't need starting areas.

That is probably for story content, it's where the Void Elves probably go when exiled, it's...

Oh my god is that Northeron, Northem's Greenwood area?

Excuse me while I go laugh hysterically somewhere.

Deleted
    No, Alleria is the Void Elf racial leader. Veressa is the one we expect to die.

And Void Elves start at level 20 in Stormwind. Part of the reason Allied races are created is that they don't need starting areas.

That is probably for story content, it's...

Oh my god is that Northeron, Northem's Greenwood area?

Excuse me while I go laugh hysterically somewhere.
    yeah they start at 20 in stormwind, i mean that their intro story quest or whatever is going to be there.....yeah thats northeron haha

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah they start at 20 in stormwind, i mean that their intro story quest or whatever is going to be there.....yeah thats northeron haha
    Oh that's made my week. Cleared normal and saw the cinematic and 5/11 heroic but THIS HAS MADE MY WEEK.

The High Elves of Greenwood! If only he'd known...

Deleted
    Oh that's made my week. Cleared normal and saw the cinematic and 5/11 heroic but THIS HAS MADE MY WEEK.

The High Elves of Greenwood! If only he'd known...
    this is literally the end of the high elves dream...im sorry Northem, northeron is voidtheron now full with blood elf exiles

10+ Year Old Account
    this is literally the end of the high elves dream...im sorry Northem, northeron is voidtheron now full with blood elf exiles
    Now I KNOW they've been reading these threads.

Deleted
    Now I KNOW they've been reading these threads.
    here void elf form swap icon clearly shows that emo-goth look is the standard look and the void form is alleria's black form

i feel bad for saying this but whoever had the dream of making void elves look like high elves..........this is the end im sorry.....