Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Reading is apparently not a prerequisite to Mythic raiding "at a reasonable pace." - We make up a very very tiny minority even if you count guilds that zone in but never actually down a boss. So do you realize how small of a group of players you're talking about this being an issue for? Your average to slightly above average Mythic raiding guild is going to be decked out in these before it even matters to them. Cutting edge is fucked, but you can't balance around the cutting edge.
    The thing is, it didn't have to be an issue for anybody, but Blizzard picked one of the worst ways of implementing the trinkets that they could have. This has been the theme of Legion so far, making decisions that suck for the minority that is mythic raiders while being irrelevant to everybody else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    To be fair, you would/will be doing that anyways for the upgrade tokens.
    No, because he could be doing heroic rather than normal for the upgrades.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Horrible design... cause i wasn't lucky enough to get one this week i'll be behind others for another 12 weeks at the very least
    (that is IF the gods of RNG smile at me next week and i loot it then)

Edit: We had 7 drop in our 25man group.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-11-30 at 08:47 AM.

We had 1 drop from a 30 man. Off to a great start.

Blizzard Dev: "Hey let's make raid slots drop on a low% personal loot boss drop. That will be fun, right?"

Had 5-6 drop in our raid. 23 man.

1 tank got it and the rest went to dps. None of the healers got one.

Just another stupid mechanic. You could say it would be that dumb way when they refused to reveal how trinkets will drop before raid release. Also I bet that there's no bad luck protection involved at all, even for legendary quality one. We got 3 trinkets from 30 ppl normal. No Aman'Thul. Oh yes, and of course you can't get trinket upgrades before you have one in your inventory! So, when someone will be rocking like 970 trinket and you still be without one when it finally drops you will be forced to use 940 version. After that failure I see new gear system in BfA only as bigger failure, because Blizzard tends to try to fix things that are not broken and as result we get this.

2 drops for our 30 man raid yesterday. Great design. And for the legendary one, i assume they want it to be rare like warglaives or something? But on personal loot. It's laughable (and sad) that a multibillion dollar company don't have the collective brain power to think of some better way to introduce this. I can see why they absolutely refused to reveal anything about this during PTR. But why act all high and mighty since this is the best you can come up with, just more RNG. They are really detached from reality.
    Last edited by Rafalga; 2017-11-30 at 11:35 AM.

Lol, Method doing split runs in Normal only killing Argus to fish Trinket drops

WP Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post

WP Blizzard.
    quality design right there

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Horrible design... cause i wasn't lucky enough to get one this week i'll be behind others for another 12 weeks at the very least
    (that is IF the gods of RNG smile at me next week and i loot it then)

Edit: We had 7 drop in our 25man group.
    Potentially, there's also the possibility that those that drop next week are 5ilvls higher etc. To make up for the fact it took a week longer to get, to keep everyone on the same level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    quality design right there
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post

WP Blizzard.
    You mean, for the personal loot trinkets? Makes total sense man.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Potentially, there's also the possibility that those that drop next week are 5ilvls higher etc. To make up for the fact it took a week longer to get, to keep everyone on the same level.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean, for the personal loot trinkets? Makes total sense man.
    That seems highly unlikely based on Blizzard's history. And they're probably just running every character they have available through Argus normal to see which ones get trinkets, not actual "splits".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    After looting 2 relics that i can throw in the trash because of awful trait I'm finding the Pantheon trinket to be a really good way to conclude Legion RNG festival

WP Bliz

PS: and a big thx for bringing me back to heroic donjon, i forgot how fun it was

2/30 on normal, 0/30 on heroic.

One chance per week or one chance per difficulty?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The thing is, it didn't have to be an issue for anybody, but Blizzard picked one of the worst ways of implementing the trinkets that they could have. This has been the theme of Legion so far, making decisions that suck for the minority that is mythic raiders while being irrelevant to everybody else.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because he could be doing heroic rather than normal for the upgrades.
    Ehh. I think this is the only case where it's inconvenient for us and irrelevant for everyone else. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're talking about TF/Legendaries/AP as other things that sucked for us, but they weren't irrelevant for literally everyone else. For people who don't min/max every little thing and obsess over it those were actually fun systems. They sucked at times for us, but why cater to us? It makes a lot more sense, as a business, to cater to them than it does to cater to the little 3% or whatever of us that actually raid Mythic.

The argument of "Well they don't need legendaries / TF / etc" doesn't really apply because those systems are pretty fun for them. TBH they should just make Mythic raiding like challenge modes of old or give us template characters. It would solve a lot of issues with balancing fun things for everyone else.

For people who got a trinket on Normal then cleared Heroic Argus: does Heroic drop the +5 ilvl upgrade?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post

Yeah, I'm wondering if it's like AP or quest items - your roll for the trinket/upgrade item can only come from 1 kill of the boss per week across all difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Ehh. I think this is the only case where it's inconvenient for us and irrelevant for everyone else. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're talking about TF/Legendaries/AP as other things that sucked for us, but they weren't irrelevant for literally everyone else. For people who don't min/max every little thing and obsess over it those were actually fun systems. They sucked at times for us, but why cater to us? It makes a lot more sense, as a business, to cater to them than it does to cater to the little 3% or whatever of us that actually raid Mythic.

The argument of "Well they don't need legendaries / TF / etc" doesn't really apply because those systems are pretty fun for them. TBH they should just make Mythic raiding like challenge modes of old or give us template characters. It would solve a lot of issues with balancing fun things for everyone else.
    Casual PoV here -- I thought the TF + AP + Leggo systems sucked. Legiondaries are the opposite of rewarding -- it's a system where if you don't get the one you wanted, you get pissed off. I don't speak for all casuals, obviously, but I'd love to see some statistics that show that these RNG-fests are actually being enjoyed by casuals. From my personal experience, I've seen a level of burnout and unenthusiasm among my friends and guildies that I haven't seen since I began playing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    Casual PoV here -- I thought the TF + AP + Leggo systems sucked. Legiondaries are the opposite of rewarding -- it's a system where if you don't get the one you wanted, you get pissed off. I don't speak for all casuals, obviously, but I'd love to see some statistics that show that these RNG-fests are actually being enjoyed by casuals. From my personal experience, I've seen a level of burnout and unenthusiasm among my friends and guildies that I haven't seen since I began playing WoW.
    i remember a time when you never saw an item drop from a raid boss and you dealt with it. the legendary system was not done well, and its going away. the ap system when it was early was a grind, but at this point is simple to catch up with even a new toon. systems like this give players things to do (whether they want to or not)

the time when you could log on, raid and then log off is pretty much done. you can still do this, but expect to be behind all the time. its up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    I'm a casual , missing total of 8 legenderies (including amanthul and argus ring) across all my specs. So far The BIS for both my spa specs - refuse to drop (bracers/belt for frost, legs for mythic plus, and helmet for unholy - again, for mythic plus).

So yeah...I don't find this system fun at all. I'm burned out to a degree that once I'll get my last legendery I will say goodbye to wow forever (9 years subscribed). The endless grinding (75 traits on 2 weapons, 67 on 3rd), 144 days played, the RNGesus (yet to get anything above 945 on my main, though day-1 alt rolled 955), (im)balance- and especially the legendery lottery, it's just too much for me.

Getting the wrong legendery feels terrible because it means there's another heavy grind to rebuild blp..

Not my idea of fun by a long shot .

No statistics, just another casual opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post

If memory serves, push personal loot like that is usually one chance per week, especially given that as I heard Heroic also drops 940 non-legendary trinkets instead of 955 ones which is the ilvl of Heroic Argus.

And they wonder why people went to Classic private servers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/