Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Vanilla stats too complicated for retailers

Back in the day you had just for tanks the following stats: strength, stamina, defense, parry, dodge, weapon skill, block %, block value, resistance, etc. You had to balance the stats yourself and understand your items. You couldnt just go with the item with the highest level like in retail now.

Item and stats management is too complicated for todays retailers. Should they just simplify the stats for vanilla to be more accessible for retailers?

This is just wrong.

Vanilla stats weren't difficult to comprehend at all.

Deleted
    Well it's a good thing classic isn't meant for retailers, but for those who want a vanilla experience, which includes these "complicated" stats.

Only warriors were actually able to tank anything more than easier dungeons, so that narrows things down...and there are already caps written down for others to min/max their stats and find the 'best pieces' to achieve the requirements. The internet exists ya know.

"etc" after listing them all doesn't serve much purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Should they just simplify the stats for vanilla to be more accessible for retailers?
    Retailers? Why does walmart care what the stats are mean in some video game?

I wouldn't say it's "too complicated", however itemization and stats were bad in vanilla which will make things confusing for some people.

God I hope "retailers" doesn't catch on

Clearly you haven't been hearing about people's main complaint with Legion? Legendaries and RNG. The problem is people would get an item that's higher ilvl but the stats are crap, itemization is one of the biggest complaints so that already contradicts your last statement.

Also stats weren't complicated at all. Don't get me wrong, I preferred it to the watered down version we have now, but don't overhype it when it's really the same thing just bloated. Classes might have 1 or 2 thresholds to hit whereas back then you had 3 or 4. It was annoying playing enhancement and having to max out spell hit instead of regular hit, but part of me misses it as well.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day you had just for tanks the following stats: strength, stamina, defense, parry, dodge, weapon skill, block %, block value, resistance, etc. You had to balance the stats yourself and understand your items. You couldnt just go with the item with the highest level like in retail now.

Item and stats management is too complicated for todays retailers. Should they just simplify the stats for vanilla to be more accessible for retailers?
    Actually, there were forums and websites for that back then as well. Maybe not as many, but they were there. I'm pretty sure sites like WoWhead, icy-veins and the like will see a Classic section as well, so there's no need to simplify anything.

You sure you're not asking stuff to be simplified for yourself?

Actually, you could. If you saw defensive stats on an item and it had more stamina than your item, you could take it and treat it as an upgrade. You didn't have to understand shit, save for VERY FEW RAID bosses, where you simply needed some nature resist or frost resist (or fire, but you never actually needed that, despite what OMG IM VANILLA PLAYERs say) to survive.

Unless you literally had dps gear or garbage greens, any tanking blues or epics were fine, after that, your life was entirely in the hands of the healer not being afk or oom.

Deleted
    No, retailers should grow a brain and learn a thing or two. Stop catering to blithering mouthbreathers the stats were not dificult and you will still copy them off an online guide or a calculator...

HAHA! You think these are complicated stats? Tells me you aren't a hardcore gamer/nerd.

Also, you're assuming that everyone playing retail has never played classic. Hint: You're as wrong about this as you are about the "complicated" stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Retail stats are to complecated for vanillaboys, should they simplify the stats to make the game more accessible to vanillaboys?

Vanilla stats were complicated?

I didn't even play Vanilla and all I can say to this is.... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    the only stats that mattered were defense and stamina.

Parry and dodge were RNG gimmicks designed to trap you (notice how they aren't even stats anymore lololol) into stating them over things that would actually increase mitigation (like armor, stamina, ect.)

Everything else you listen was either a gimmick (resistances) came with the class (only really had 3 tanks in Vanilla boi, and one of them wore leather. Of course block is going to be on gear.) and weaponskill, which... Forgive me if I'm wrong... That came with just hitting stuff? I'm more of a TBC lord than a vanilla try hard myself, but I still very much remember weaponskill just being a static bar that increases when you melee something just like in TBC.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord can some people get off their high horse already?

Since when is "retailers" even a term? and a derogatory one at that.. just pathetic.

Lol, great example of the only role that actually had more than 2-3 stats to look out for! Altho it still wasn't hard as a tank: 1st prio is to make sure you're crit immune, after that get the gear with best defensive stats. For dps classes: get hit capped, get +spell dmg, get crit. holy crap!! 3 stats to balance the gear around?? Healers were the same: mp5 and +healing in whichever order you feel you need it, if an item has crit as well, great. Priests also had good use of spirit (not sure if druids did).

Yeah, these are very complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Many of the people who have been asking for Classic or Vanilla servers want the experience they remember from Vanilla. It shouldn't be augmented... And if I remember correctly, we had all of those stats in BC too. They weren't all that complicated then. Seems odd that they would be too hard for the average player today.
    Which is exactly what puzzles me when threads likes these come up where these people try to claim retail players don't know the 'struggle' like some of us somehow didn't play when it was relevant, or you know. Played during the parts of the game that felt as horribly grindy as Vanilla (Looking at you dragonstaff).
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I can't believe so many people fell for this obvious troll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Lol, great example of the only role that actually had more than 2-3 stats to look out for! Altho it still wasn't hard as a tank: 1st prio is to make sure you're crit immune, after that get the gear with best defensive stats. For dps classes: get hit capped, get +spell dmg, get crit. holy crap!! 3 stats to balance the gear around?? Healers were the same: mp5 and +healing in whichever order you feel you need it, if an item has crit as well, great. Priests also had good use of spirit (not sure if druids did).

Yeah, these are very complicated.
    Was going to say, getting defense capped and stacking Stam, armor and any kind of block rating/value was the general go to. Though you still had people stupidly advocating for parry/dodge stack 'specs' all the way to WotLK and Cata.