Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh people are just trying to start game vs game garbage.

FF14 has stupid ilvl requirement groups in PF as well. Or trap groups where the leader has zero clue what to do and expects a free ride.
    As i Said, i dunno about FF, but what I see, when im not in the mood to make my own group is annoying, and sad.
    From all the games I played Online in PVE, WoW has in that regard the most Annoying and Elitist community.
    Especially in regards of Trashtalking others in Forums.

That has not much to do with the game itself, rather the Community.

Edit: Though maybe, the change to Flexible IDs was a Mistake.
    Remember where you were Locked to a Single ID with a Character, and couldn´t join another Group?
    True, Bad groups would suck even more. But People would actually be compelled to work for the common goal. Instead of just insulting people, leave, and look for a different free ride.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2017-11-30 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    As i Said, i dunno about FF, but what I see, when im not in the mood to make my own group is annoying, and sad.
    From all the games I played Online in PVE, WoW has in that regard the most Annoying and Elitist community.

And FF14 has it's toxic side as well. It's not as prominent but it does exist. It's subreddit isn't exactly a stellar place from time to time either.

As I said imo Normal should probably have a queue. But the tools are there to help.

I've been in a few pugs at 921 and I'm 5/11 atm. Mostly just went in to see the raid right now. You can find the group. It might just take a bit of searching is all.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-30 at 01:36 PM.

I've been in a few pugs at 921 and I'm 5/11 atm. Mostly just went in to see the raid right now. You can find the group. It might just take a bit of searching is all.
    I was speaking Generally. My Little Guild of 5 People, will start a Raid at Saturday, I dont expect to clear it, but we´ll see how it goes. ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    People wait for first timers to watch the cutscenes, so that's not really an issue. The community is better imho.
    Even if I was one of the tanks, they never waited for me. Ever. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Even if I was one of the tanks, they never waited for me. Ever. o_o
    They don't all the time at all.

Praetorium is a prime example of they will go on without you because the cutscenes are basically a movie.

That's why it's better in Praetorium to either watch the cutscenes at the inn later or make a group specifically for it so people will wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    They don't all the time at all.

Praetorium is a prime example of they will go on without you because the cutscenes are basically a movie.
    Which is something I think is absolutely stupid when you toss something like that in, when it can take FOREVER for just ONE of them, in the middle of the dungeon. Not after, that I'm fine with - but during. Even worse during the normal dungeons when I'm the only tank and, oops, first time I do it? Long cutscene and having to feel a bit annoyed the rest got to wait for me - but I want to watch the stuff first time I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Which is something I think is absolutely stupid when you toss something like that in, when it can take FOREVER for just ONE of them, in the middle of the dungeon. Not after, that I'm fine with - but during. Even worse during the normal dungeons when I'm the only tank and, oops, first time I do it? Long cutscene and having to feel a bit annoyed the rest got to wait for me - but I want to watch the stuff first time I do it.
    Oh sure you can watch it. Never said you couldn't.

Just people say that it's an accepted thing in FF14 and it really isn't all the time at all. Half the time in a 24 man nobody really says anything at all anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Why can't we have a raid queing system like FFXIV? In FFXIV, you hit que for a raid, just like you would a dungeon, and wow, you get in said raid. Then, people get the same loot as if they gathered a bunch and went in themselves. On top of this, FFXIV raids have their hard moments, frankly the game is harder than WoW, and yet the people still don't suck even half as bad as most WoW players seem to.

When reading about Antorus bosses, I knew, I fucking knew, the High Council encounter was going to be the fight where people leave group after a wipe, and slowly, more and more people drop as you try desperately to find replacements. Sure enough. Two nights in a row. High Council. People leaving. Etcetera.

Instead, we get LFR, which releases so slowly, that by the time wing 4 is out, everyone has done it, and the content that comes post-raid, and the players get dumbed down loot with dumbed down mechanics, yet still somehow wipe on bosses that should be a snooze fest. What the ever loving fuck causes such a player base?
    Blizz listening to the wrong vocal minorities, everytime. That is what has caused what you feel today OP. And i can vouch for this too, it is the exact same experience i get when i do any form of questing outside a 5 player dungeon or raid!

I've even decided in BfA i won't do a single quest anymore outside Dungeons and Raids, because they are not engaging or fun when the game is so hollow outside Friends / Guilds! every player around you, you don't know just feels like a NPC that is there to steal your kills and become a constant nuisance you just never ever want to see again over and over!
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2017-11-30 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Blizz listening to the wrong vocal minorities, everytime. That is what has caused what you feel today OP. And i can vouch for this too, it is the exact same experience i get when i do any form of questing outside a 5 player dungeon or raid!

I've even decided in BfA i won't do a single quest anymore outside Dungeons and Raids, because they are not engaging or fun when the game is so hollow outside Friends / Guilds!
    And what would be the wrong minorities out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post

Edit: Though maybe, the change to Flexible IDs was a Mistake.
    Remember where you were Locked to a Single ID with a Character, and couldn´t join another Group?
    True, Bad groups would suck even more. But People would actually be compelled to work for the common goal. Instead of just insulting people, leave, and look for a different free ride.
    Welcome to almost all MMO communities today that a huge playerbase! i've said this before i will say it again.

When a game gets bigger, it will start attracting the types of people you cannot stand! this is what has happended with WoW and any other MMO with similar community sizes as that one today!

And it will be like that forever, you can't do anything but grow a spine and don't get so annoyid of what 50 people says over 10000 others.

5+ Year Old Account
    What if they put a stat on players saying the % of times they'll ditch a raid after a wipe. Make these people unattractive to invite unless they clean their act up. Obviously it's different if a whole raid disbands but I think if you're joining a raid you should have to commit the time and if you're not willing to then too bad, do LFR. Just a suggestion, points can be added of course.

And what would be the wrong minorities out of curiosity?
    I am not going to summarise that, you can just check the official forum or this one as time goes on for any kind of bad decisions the devs have made for a list of a dozens of them for the game. Theres always a bunch of people that remind you on here or the official forums about it.

I am not going to summarise that, you can just check the official forum or this one as time goes on for any kind of bad decisions the devs have made for a list of a dozens of them for the game. Theres always a bunch of people that remind you on here on here or the official forums.
    Then list a few decisions that you believe were bad ones. For the sake of discussion.

If you aren't going to summarize it at least list some otherwise it's just evading the subject at hand.

Then list a few decisions that you believe were bad ones. For the sake of discussion.

If you aren't going to summarize it at least list some otherwise it's just evading the subject at hand.
    No it's not, i am not going to just because one guy thinks otherwise.

No it's not, i am not going to just because one guy thinks otherwise.
    I don't think otherwise at all. I asked you to provide some examples if you were not willing to summarize and you have provided none. I chose to give you the benefit of the doubt and at least offer you the opportunity to explain your discussion point in another fashion.

I didn't call you wrong at all or think otherwise because without your opinion how am I supposed to debate whether I agree or disagree with you?

So you are just being evasive on the topic then? Good to know. Also the official forums tells me others stances. Not your own. I want your personal opinion here of what decisions you believe were bad ones.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-30 at 02:02 PM.

Join a guild, quit pugging stuff. Did you really expect anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Join a guild, quit pugging stuff. Did you really expect anything different.
    Eh?

Pugging is fine if you find the right groups.

I just want better features for the group finder/maker tools. Most pugs I join are pretty awesome tbh, it's just a bit of a pain to find/make the right ones.

lfr is only good to have your full set, after you have 4 piece, you never come back to it, in BfA, lfr will certainly die;p

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the Legion alpha forums i jokingly mentioned that i would rather group with the 4 pandaren NPCs from the Proving Grounds than your average random for M+. Then i realized that i really would rather group with NPCs than a great many of the people i have encountered over the years.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-11-30 at 11:10 PM.