Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How many times did they retcon Sargeras's sword?

I remember it being one thing at some time, it splitted itself. Then Chronicles offered two separate swords, one for Spergieras and the other went to Cuckrammar. Chronicles presented it as a greatsword. And now cinematic shows it as one handed weapon, really short handle.

Maybe I got things confused, but this is what I remember.

It is really hard to take you seriously when you go out of your way to make up childish names..

But I guess they retconned it a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    I remember it being one thing at some time, it splitted itself. Then Chronicles offered two separate swords, one for Spergieras and the other went to Cuckrammar. Chronicles presented it as a greatsword. And now cinematic shows it as one handed weapon, really short handle.

Maybe I got things confused, but this is what I remember.
    Classic forums that way ->

Cant take you seriously in lore section.

Deleted
    Typical 10 year old kid, adding ''Cuck'' in names.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Typical 10 year old kid, adding ''Cuck'' in names.
    Their favourite word, and they don't even know what it means.

Who says that is his sword? Looks like a dagger to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Classic forums that way ->

Cant take you seriously in lore section.
    You don't need to take me seriously. It is the question that matters. And if altered names pose such a big problem for you then maybe you take things too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Their favourite word, and they don't even know what it means.

Who says that is his sword? Looks like a dagger to me.
    One of my favourites, aye!

Sargeras never was mentiond using anything else than his sword. Also it fits previous renditions.

He creates the sword out of sheer personal power. Does it really matter how it looks? He may make it look however he wants.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    He creates the sword out of sheer personal power. Does it really matter how it looks? He may make it look however he wants.
    Why couldn't he have conjured a massive warhammer and smashed into Azeroth then?

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This. Plus I think the previous sword lore came from the NON CANON rpg books.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Why couldn't he have conjured a massive warhammer and smashed into Azeroth then?
    He wanted to cut deep not just smash the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    This. Plus I think the previous sword lore came from the NON CANON rpg books.
    Or we can just headcanon that, since the sword is created by his power, he may have had multiple different swords over the years, and one of them broke when he was cleaving some world and a piece became Aggramar's, justifying why Aggramar's sword looks like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Because he likes stabbing female titans with fallic weapons?
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Or breathe fire upon it, or plung his fist into it or whatever else.

I guess rule of cool and suspense beats reasonable writing, but then it is Blizzard alright. What matters to me is his canon sword. Now it looks like gladius made out of alien cock and rocks. It looks cool, but they can't keep it one way.

Someone as strong as sargeras could just conjure what ever weapon he wanted right?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    What is there to take serious about video games? Don't care how many times they retcon anything as long as in the game turns out to be awesome.
    I don't either but making up names like Spergieras and Cuckrammar doesn't really strenghten the opening post which is why I find it hard to take the creator of this thread seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I don't either but making up names like Spergieras and Cuckrammar doesn't really strenghten the opening post which is why I find it hard to take the creator of this thread seriously.
    Oi oi oi mate, you ain't need to take me seriously. The very question is no joke so what's the deal here. You don't like me very creative, original and sophisticated nomenclature? Fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    In the RPG Sargeras wielded a sword named Gorshalach - when he became corrupted this sword split itself in two as opposed to serving a now-evil master, becoming Gorribal the sword of Sargeras and Taeshalach, the sword of Aggramar. I don't think this splitting is canon anymore with the story given by "Chronicle Vol. 1" - but Aggramar stills wields a broken blade named Taeshalach, so presumably the sword of Sargeras is still named Gorribal. As for its nature it kind of depends on the artist - but presumably Taeshalach and Gorribal are one-handed blades where Gorshalach (if it ever existed) was a two-handed greatsword.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Image from 2011. Looks like it's a two-handed sword which he wields in one-hand (like a fury warrior).

Sargeras has actually been noted to use and possess a couple different weapons in lore. His main weapon, "Gorribal" is his remaining half of one of the most powerful weapons to in the known universe; "Gorshalach". Sargeras wielded Gorshalach while he worked with the Pantheon; after succumbing to the idea that all of creation needed to be destroyed and releasing the imprisoned demons of Mardum, Gorshalach (being semi-sentient) sundered itself in half, rather then remain in the possession of someone so evil. The result was two 'broken' blades: "Gorribal" remained in Sargeras' possession, while the other half eventually made its way to Aggramar in the form of "Taeshalach". It's been stated that if both halves are reunited by a non-evil being, Gorshalach will be reformed. Aggramar has been said to desire this weapon for himself one day.

Sargeras has also been depicted using a giant spear, which his avatar apparently used during his battle with Aegwynn. It has never been directly confirmed to my knowledge, but many believe this to be the "Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras".

Let's see you do better when you're being suddenly sucked in by a tractor beam!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Let's see you do better when you're being suddenly sucked in by a tractor beam!
    dude if I knew I was getting sucked by a vacuum cleaner i'd defo do everything to destroy as much as i can!

You don't have to notice the OPs countless spam posts, just his childish vocabulary, to understand the real point of his messages: ie "I need attention!! reeeeeee". Well done on the ban mods.