Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Hollywood had a culture of sexual harassment for 50 years. The left does tolerate it.
    Exactly. But they even have the gall to pretend to be sanctimonious supporters of Women like many of the hypocrite Dems and Hollywood elite.

Pretty much these days, the more rabid the progressive, the more certain I am they probably have some sexual assault in their past.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    the point was never what is similar - that would make it whataboutism indeed - , but what is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I would love comparing that to GOP reactions to Moore's apology, but I can't find the latter.
    I'm sorry, what?

This thread is about only one person. Do you know what it means if someone comes in and says "what about Moore?" in a discussion not about more? There's no escaping the fact that you, and many others, made a fallacious statement.

Specifically, that there was an apology on one side and there wasn't on the other.
    What do you mean there was an apology on one side and not the other? Again... This thread is about one issue. If you can't avoid using fallacies, maybe it's time to self reflect on what your principles are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Looks at title of thread : "The Washington Post: Why democrats harrassing/raping women should be tolerated"
    Looks at title of article : "I’m a feminist. I study rape culture. And I don’t want Al Franken to resign."
    Reads article.
    Shakes head and walks away while wondering why people, in this case a mmo-c poster (Vilendor), have to be so disingenuous when they want to discuss something.
    This .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Doesn't the right do the very same thing? After all, they did just elect Trump.
    I don't think it is a partisan point to be a sexual predator piece of shit. But the Left seems to go that one step further by trying to be overly supportive of the people they are sexually assaulting to mask a lot of it.

Case in point. Hollywood and their rabid identity politics.

Leftists and Sexual Predators are kind of akin to overly Macho Homophobes that turn out to be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I don't think it is a partisan point to be a sexual predator piece of shit. But the Left seems to go that one step further by trying to be overly supportive of the people they are sexually assaulting to mask a lot of it.

Leftists and Sexual Predators are kind of akin to overly Macho Homophobes that turn out to be gay.
    Dumb question , how you cal excusing Moore upon ''Alabama dating culture'' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Sigh.

So i'm clear, we should be outraged that an editorialist wrote a stupid editorial, but ignore that the POTUS and conservatives honestly believe a pedophile is better than a Democrat and are actively doing what they can to ensure that pedophile holds office?

Awesome.
    Whataboutisms for EVERYONE!!!!!

I care about both and equally appalled. But you don't see me going into the Moore threads saying "what about Al Franken?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The OP made it partisan by bringing it up. I also don't think it's partisan, which is why it's strange why so many people wanted to make it about just the Democrats. Both sides have shown they're not really any different.

You are literally doing the same thing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Whataboutisms for EVERYONE!!!!!

I care about both and equally appalled. But you don't see me going into the Moore threads saying "what about Al Franken?"
    Plenty of people were, that's the entire point. Many people don't want to talk about things that are uncomfortable to them, so they stick to the threads that fit their narrative.

Were you as active and vociferous in the Moore thread? How about with Donald Trump?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Him apologizing would assume he is guilty, if he is innocent, which he currently is under due process, then he needs not apologize. That's how Allegations work
    There is no due process. The victims are coming out because of the wave of sexual assault allegation coming out against other powerful men who have used intimidation (which Moore used in his car) to silence them for decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP made it partisan by bringing it up. I also don't think it's partisan, which is why it's strange why so many people wanted to make it about just the Democrats. Both sides have shown they're not really any different.

You are literally doing the same thing...
    How so, I agreed the Right has scumbags. I just pointed out I find it hilarious that most of the Left scumbags that pop up are people that are avidly and usually over the top supporters of the very People they are horrendous towards.

I find that far more sickening and sociopathic.

How so, I agreed the Right has scumbags. I just pointed out I find it hilarious that most of the Left scumbags that pop up are people that are avidly and usually over the top supporters of the very People they are horrendous towards.

I find that far more sickening and sociopathic.
    "It's not a partisan issue... but look how bad the left is."

That was you.

I think anyone who supports party over principles is a disgusting person.

Hollywood had a culture of sexual harassment for 50 years. The left does tolerate it.
    Yup, in Hollywood it's who you know and who you blow.

Yup, in Hollywood it's who you know and who you blow.
    And yet, you supported Trump...

And yet, you supported Trump...
    1. Didn't vote for him
    2. What has Trump been convicted of?

As opposed to the right who elect and back pedophiles to congress that high horse you think you are on it's bullshit mountain.

1. Didn't vote for him
    You seem to think this is a courtroom. I didn't say you voted for Trump, I said you supported him. You consistently shitposted and deflected for him on these very threads.

Almost none of these men have been convicted of anything, so that argument is fruitless. Man, I'm sure glad I didn't support a piece of shit for so long, knowing what he has said and done.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a tendency to be forgiving of people in your political tribe versus those outside of it. Especially in the United States where our electoral system almost works to force that to be a considered option.

There have already been voices arguing for a Harvey Weinstein redemption arc, and the political calculus was/is the argument for Roy Moore right now.

Though for self-described Feminists the political calculus does hurt the movement in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    The hypocrisy of liberalism.

Let me know when you see republicans insisting that Trump resign over his laundry list of sexual assault.

*crickets*

As for the article in question, let's not kid ourselves. People can, and do, overlook all sorts of bad behavior all the time if the end result suits them, regardless of political leanings. Pro sports are a perfect example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Hollywood definitely equals the entire left side of politics, good call. That also easily means the right tolerates it as well.

1. Didn't vote for him
    What has any of these men been convicted of thus far, even Bill Cosby hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

Why should we believe the accusers of Hollywood, but ignore Trump's 14+ accusers?
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-11-30 at 02:59 PM.

You seem to think this is a courtroom. I didn't say you voted for Trump, I said you supported him. You consistently shitposted and deflected for him on these very threads.

Almost none of these men have been convicted of anything, so that argument is fruitless. Man, I'm sure glad I didn't support a piece of shit for so long, knowing what he has said and done.
    I do support our President, just like I supported Obama, I disagree and agree with both. What's your point? Why you are changing the subject to about me? Please be more mature and stay on topic, stop deflecting with shit posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

What has any of these men been convicted of thus far, even Bill Cosby hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

Why should we believe the accusers of Hollywood, but ignore Trump's 14+ accusers?
    Some have admitted guilt convicting themselves.

I do support our President, just like I supported Obama, I disagree and agree with both. What's your point? Why you are changing the subject to about me? Please be more mature and stay on topic, stop deflecting with shit posting.
    I'm not changing the subject at all, I'm pointing out the clear double standard you seem to want to implement. You want to single out Hollywood, yet Trump, a man you shitposted and deflected for on many, many occasions is someone you support. You want to bash something in Hollywood that Trump is fucking famous for...

So, how is Trump and his supporters any different than Hollywood?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Some have admitted guilt convicting themselves.
    What have they been convicted of?

We have Trump on audio and video admitting to the shit he did... yet his supporters did not seem to mind. Strange... it's almost as if Hollywood and Trumpsters are the same. They are willing to ignore things if it will benefit them... just like the Democrats.