Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So, zero discussion to be had, only opinions and opinion bashing? Pretty much defining threads that aren't allowed.
    No. It is facts versus opinion bashing. Get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    There's a difference between tweaking your own creation and tweaking someone else's creation. Blizzard can do whatever it wants with WoW, but if you try to "improve" Hamlet, it's no longer Hamlet.
    Every recent Hamlet is a modified version.

They often change it to another medium (like a movie instead of a theater play) modernize the text, modernize the surroundings - or go for remade old settings (to correspond to what people thought it looked like - not what it actually looked like), change gender for the Ophelia-actor, etc.

In addition there are number of different versions of Hamlet by Shakespeare - so which Hamlet are we talking about? The one with "To be, or not to be, aye there's the point. / To die, to sleep, is that all? Aye all: / No, to sleep, to dream, aye marry there it goes."?

That doesn't say that you have to modify a classic, there is a point in keeping all or some of the original (like Richard III movie starring Ian McKellen) - just that classics are normally modified - to lesser or larger degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    How would you "improve" Mona Lisa or Beethoven's symphonies?
    For the first - give it a fancy title - like "Mona Lisa" or "La Joconde" - and use special lighting to emphasize its importance (I find a number of other paintings in the Louvre superior).

For the second apart - conductors normally modify it in some way, and they might also adapt it to the orchestra - and as a minimum use modern horns to play it better than they could when Beethoven wrote it. And record it - so that you can enjoy it in stereo in your own home.

Of course you can also try to be closer to the original; or make a new version with a new name, and then make new versions of that as well - like we have had both Romulo and Westfall story in the Opera house :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Nothing suggests changes. It actually points to the opposite of changes.

Discuss it, or don't. In the end it only means that if you want QoL changes even if it's "for the best" it implies that you don't understand.
    How entitled you are. Nothing prevents changes, and none of the descriptions point to the "opposite of changes" either. I only see "highest quality", "recognized and established value" and "instructively typical". Last part is probably what gave you the idea to make this topic, but I can assure you that you're just wrong. Typical doesn't mean exactly the same. It just means it's similar, with core principles intact. For core principle of Vanilla is a sprawling world, atmosphere and mystery surrounding it. QoL is not in the core.

So the point stands, and for what it's worth, this topic can be considered trolling.
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-11-30 at 08:34 AM.

JK keep vanilla pure!

Deleted
    There's no opinion bashing if the people who are wrong change their mind. Because that's what opinions are, someone is right, someone is wrong, the person who is wrong needs to learn. We live in a society where we just accept people to be wrong instead of teaching them to be right.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the patches that existed back then.
    Opinions aren't subjective? People are only objectively right or wrong?

Are you sure?

Because that's what opinions are, someone is right, someone is wrong, the person who is wrong needs to learn. We live in a society where we just accept people to be wrong instead of teaching them to be right.
    Person A: "My opinion is that pineapple does not belong on pizza."
    Person B: "My opinion is that pineapple does belong on pizza."

Two diametrically opposing opinions. According to you, one is right, and the other is wrong. Who's right and who's wrong here?

Btw, real weak attempt from OP. 0/10.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Uh no they didn't. It's Classic, not vanilla.
    [...]
    See I mean it's in the title.
    You missed my point entirely, good job! That wasn't the announcement at Blizzcon FYI, that was shown AFTER the speaker said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Person A: "My opinion is that pineapple does not belong on pizza."
    Person B: "My opinion is that pineapple does belong on pizza."

Two diametrically opposing opinions. According to you, one is right, and the other is wrong. Who's right and who's wrong here?

Btw, real weak attempt from OP. 0/10.
    Lol, you think just because someone enjoys something it makes it right? If you think that way it means you also think this:
    Person A: "I love killing people."
    Person B: "I hate killing people."

Two diametrically opposing opinions. According to you, opinions cannot be wrong, so killing must be okay.
    Is it only not okay because of laws? Is it because the consequences of killing someone are greater than eating pineapple on pizza?
    Why should opinions in your exemple never be wrong b in mine they should? They are still opinions according to you.

No, it's beyond just opinion, every single thing in the world can be categorized as right or wrong, and then it's in our nature to tolerate it or not and when we tolerate it, like pineapple on pizza, we just don't bother with adding the consequences of wrong doing so in the end it doesn't appear to be wrong to people who don't think any further, like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no opinion bashing if the people who are wrong change their mind. Because that's what opinions are, someone is right, someone is wrong, the person who is wrong needs to learn. We live in a society where we just accept people to be wrong instead of teaching them to be right.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the patches that existed back then.
    Speaking of people who don't seem to understand what certain words mean.... someone missed a day in elementary school where the word 'opinion' was discussed.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    How entitled you are. Nothing prevents changes, and none of the descriptions point to the "opposite of changes" either. I only see "highest quality", "recognized and established value" and "instructively typical". Last part is probably what gave you the idea to make this topic, but I can assure you that you're just wrong. Typical doesn't mean exactly the same. It just means it's similar, with core principles intact. For core principle of Vanilla is a sprawling world, atmosphere and mystery surrounding it. QoL is not in the core.

So the point stands, and for what it's worth, this topic can be considered trolling.
    Core principles intact. So bug fixes can happen, everything else, from adding features and balancing specs and changing numbers, that's all core principles of Vanilla. Core principles are not just "press W to move forward". Anything that makes it feel different than vanilla is breaking the core principles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    So basically if we don't agree with you we don't understand the english language... are posters here even real?
    What do you mean "with me"? I invented what is right or wrong? No, I just see it and say it, it has nothing to do with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Speaking of people who don't seem to understand what certain words mean.... someone missed a day in elementary school where the word 'opinion' was discussed.
    You mean the guy who thinks that whenever someone speaks, only opinions can come out of their mouth?

Lol, you think just because someone enjoys something it makes it right? If you think that way it means you also think this:
    Person A: "I love killing people."
    Person B: "I hate killing people."

Two diametrically opposing opinions. According to you, opinions cannot be wrong, so killing must be okay.
    Yeah, no. Quite a few things wrong with that. First off, opinions can't be 'right' or 'wrong', because they're just opinions. You can have the opinion that 'killing is good' just like you could have the opinion that monarchies are better than republics. That doesn't make the opinion 'wrong'. You can still 'like' something even if said something is considered 'wrong' by society. Your opinion may not be accepted, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Second, I'd like to point out that you equated "pineapple on pizza" to something that is objectively harmful to society (killing a person). That says a lot about the kind of person you are, just saying. Anyways, both the dichotomies of "classic with and without changes" and "pineapple on or off the pizza" do not cause objective harm to society. Your example does.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man I hope they release the WoW Beta! Vanilla ruined it!

But seriously Which part of Vanilla is Classic to you? 1.0.1? 1.12? 1.6?

If you answer anything other than Release. Then you don't want the Classic. You want changes.

Deleted
    Nothing suggests changes. It actually points to the opposite of changes.
    Discuss it, or don't. In the end it only means that if you want QoL changes even if it's "for the best" it implies that you don't understand.
    And yet classics like Pippi Longstocking are changed when people scream racism....

Yeah, no. Quite a few things wrong with that. First off, opinions can't be 'right' or 'wrong', because they're just opinions. You can have the opinion that 'killing is good' just like you could have the opinion that monarchies are better than republics. That doesn't make the opinion 'wrong'. You can still 'like' something even if said something is considered 'wrong' by society. Your opinion may not be accepted, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Second, I'd like to point out that you equated "pineapple on pizza" to something that is objectively harmful to society (killing a person). That says a lot about the kind of person you are, just saying. Anyways, both the dichotomies of "classic with and without changes" and "pineapple on or off the pizza" do not cause objective harm to society. Your example does.
    No, that's not what I did, that's what you saw cuz you can't see further than this. You literally have trouble thinking, all you do is see what's in your face and never dig any deeper. I'm not here to teach you but you should just know that there is far more to life than the very limited vision you are showing right now and I hope you figure that out to better yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And yet classics like Pippi Longstocking are changed when people scream racism....
    Yeah and it becomes something completely meaningless made to entertain kids instead of having depth and spreading a message like the original did.

No, that's not what I did, that's what you saw cuz you can't see further than this.
    No, that's exactly what you did. You're basically accusing others of "wrong think" if they don't agree with you. Again, opinions aren't inherently "right" or "wrong." An opinion isn't "wrong" if it goes against the opinion of another person or against the consensus of a group of people. Thinking is not illegal. Yet. But they're working on it...

You literally have trouble thinking, all you do is see what's in your face and never dig any deeper.
    The projection is strong with this one.

I'm not here to teach you
    I don't care if you are. But I'm sure that, if you were here to "teach people", you'd have an empty classroom, so to speak.

but you should just know that there is far more to life than the very limited vision you are showing right now
    You should heed your own advice before spouting it to others.

Deleted
    Yeah and it becomes something completely meaningless made to entertain kids instead of having depth and spreading a message like the original did.
    no, it doesnt and that is the point that for example auto-mass-loot wont change classic either.

because you don't seem to understand what the word means
    Because that's what opinions are, someone is right, someone is wrong
    This is my new favorite example of irony right here.

I don't care if you are. But I'm sure that, if you were here to "teach people", you'd have an empty classroom, so to speak.
    Probably would, world is full of millenials who would rather be offended than learning.

Probably would, world is full of millenials who would rather be offended than learning.
    god could this thread (and any other in this wretched sub forum) get any more retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no, it doesnt and that is the point that for example auto-mass-loot wont change classic either.
    How will it not change by changing how looting works?

Nothing will change by adding changes. That's literally what you just said. Adding changes makes no changes. Like what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    This is my new favorite example of irony right here.
    Almost as good as your passion for showing me how weak our ability to think really is.

Here are 2 IDENTICAL exemples:

Exemple 1
    Dude A: I think apples are fruits.
    Dude B: I think apples are vegetables.

Exemple 2
    Dude A: I think Classic shouldn't have QoL changes.
    Dude B: I think Classic should have QoL changes.

These statements can all be called opinions. There are information behind some of these opinions that actually makes them facts as well, which in turn means an opinion can be right so the opposing opinion is inevitably wrong.
    "But we all know an apple is a fruit that's not really an opinion." If you take 2 kids young enough to not know that information and ask them if it's a fruit or a vegetable and you get both answers, it's just their opinion, it's what they think. But one of them will be right, one will be wrong even if it's just opinions. It's possible to have enough information about an opinion to realize if it can be a fact and this can completely disregard the majority's preferences.
    Imagine asking an entire class if they think an apple is a fruit or a vegetable and 20 kids out of 30 say it's a vegetable. You end up with a majority of people with a wrong opinion. Every single subject can possibly be studied to find out what is right and what is wrong about it. That even includes taste in music, food, movies, etc. "There's no such thing as wrong music." Sure there is, the human race is just not at this stage yet so all we do is accept it as it is. Just like way back in the past there was no "wrong actions", people could kill each other without any consequences, it was not considered a wrong action, we were basically animal. Just think of mankind right now as animals compared to the humans of the future who will know what music is wrong and which one is right.

Probably sounds crazy stupid to you. Just like all the genius in history were considered crazy.

"What a pompous jerk thinking he's a genius."
    Not so hard around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    god could this thread (and any other in this wretched sub forum) get any more retarded?
    I'm sure it can get more retarded seeing how no one wants to learn.