Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Hold on..
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Vanilla stats were never difficult. Poorly itemised so a bit more effort, sure. But never difficult. You could tell with relative ease if something was better for you.

Also, is "retailers" now the official term for people playing live servers? What do we call those that currently play on private servers, "thieves"?
    But, if that is the term, isn't he than saying that the veteran players on retailers doesn't know how to play classic... or.. he doesn't believe any plays?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    I'm guessing the implication is that true vanilla players quit the game a long time ago. I propose vanilla hardcoreists should instead be called quitters.
    The funny part is that classic will probably be a part of the WoW sub, which means you either pay $15 like any other live player or play the current game to make enough gold. Holding an active sub would make all classic players a "retailer" by definition.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

No they arent, and alot of us playing retail played during vanilla aswell fyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

There were more stats, yes, but a lot of them were very straight forward.

Healer? Stack int (and spirit if you're priest/druid) and +heal.

Melee DPS? Stack str/agi/crit/hit

Tank? Stack stam/dodge/block/parry/def

Caster DPS? Stack int/spell damage/hit

it really wasn't that hard, OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlegolas View Post
    This is just wrong.

Vanilla stats weren't difficult to comprehend at all.
    The old vanilla system is a lot harder than the current system. I think that was the point of the OP.

Deleted
    Firstly fuck you and your absurd superiority complex

secondly Why do you care what people not playing Classic think about classic

thirdly anyone struggling will use the myriad guides that will exist to find the best gear, like they do now

fourth retailers doesn't work because a RETAILER SALES THE GAME its already a thing. your post makes it look like you think Asda or whatever american place won't sell a game because it might be complex. spoilers they don't care and neither will be people playing WoW

fifth if anyone needs a term (they don't) to describe them it'll be the classic only players. Because while we play WoW you'll be playing WoW: Classic, a spin off.

Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    no, the implication is that most vanila players are casuals. You got one game that is officially supported and developed catering to casuals and another that is ghetto backwods hack of an older version of a game that is propagandised against as illegal. Which audience is more likely to garner more simpletons? One version is gated by numerous things like selecting a private server. installing and then patching an old version of the game manually at that and is fearmongered against. On top of that it requires a dedication to the game prior to it, knowledge that there is such thing as private server as an option and will to go so far as to get the old version of the game because thats how much they want and like it over what retail did after cataclysm launch.

Ofcourse retailers are going to be a demographic that has way more kiddies morons and clueless casuals. Its not a slight against me even tho i play on retail, because i know generalisations can be made and that doesnt mean everyone in a group fits that, just the majority.
    What an utterly pathetic way of describing a playerbase that's just as varied as the Live audience.

Whatever floats your boat, but there's no need to be a fucking rocket scientist MLG player to play Classic, not even on Private servers. Live servers have the most dedicated, best bunch of players at that in the raiding scene and world first scene most of all. Yes, many of whom have been playing since the REAL Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    The old vanilla system is a lot harder than the current system. I think that was the point of the OP.
    But it really isn't though, so the "point" is just based in... what? Inferiority complex? The "Vanilla is harder!!!"- goalposts keep shifting around so fast that we're in danger of attracting whiplash...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-30 at 05:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be nice having you guys partitioned off in your zoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

I wonder how many people that pontificate about how complicated Vanilla was have actually killed a mythic end boss before any major nerfs.

Jesus christ, every time I think I might have a good time playing on the classic server, I remember that it's going to be full of pretentious assholes like the OP. I've played WoW since beta and I really don't understand how these type of people came to be. Classic is going to be nothing like the real "vanilla experience" because the community is going to be more toxic and elitest than its even been before.

Yes the Old Vanilla system is a lot harder than retail. A LOT.
    Numbers clearing content back then has proven this over a decade.
    No troll can change that by saying it wasn't so.
    It was way harder to raid in general, and even much harder to clear all the content.

Just imagine if all todays RNG loot required hit or def caps to be managed as well.
    The ilvl kids would go unhinged all over.

Lol, vanilla stats were never hard. You got a list from a guide with how much hit% you needed and what stat gave you the most DPS, to the right degree. And just went with it. You didn't even care about the stats really, only for show.

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    I'm guessing you're using the word 'retailers' as a derogatory term against people who purchased the game after TBC? So the people who purchased the game prior to TBC, what exactly are they? Aren't they 'retailers' too? I'm really confused by this term.
    I'm still trying to figure it out too. My first thought of "retailer" meant the old timers.

Classic WoW came in a box. From a store. A "retailer", as we used to call them.

The new stuff is a digital download from a button on my bnet account page.

It's a bit awkward as an insult. It's right up there with, "Your mother drives a car!"

This thread is bleeding the insecurity out of Legacy-enthusiasts

As an ex EVE player, I see zero complexity in new or old character systems in WoW. If someone can not manage a few additional numbers over what is now, they really would do the game no favors by joining in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    What an utterly pathetic way of describing a playerbase that's just as varied as the Live audience.

Whatever floats your boat, but there's no need to be a fucking rocket scientist MLG player to play Classic, not even on Private servers. Live servers have the most dedicated, best bunch of players at that in the raiding scene and world first scene most of all. Yes, many of whom have been playing since the REAL Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

But it really isn't though, so the "point" is just based in... what? Inferiority complex? The "Vanilla is harder!!!"- goalposts keep shifting around so fast that we're in danger of attracting whiplash...
    Clearly you have no experience of vanila. Every mob hit harder, a couple of them at once could kill you, you died often, the leveling took months on average, the bosses were wiping raids more often and raids were defeated months after their release. Mounts were expensive, you couldnt fly arround mobs and players. Mounts required lvl 40. No flightpaths were prediscovered for easy travel. Pvp was slower and more methodical. In short everything, ESPECIALLY the basic game feedback loop of questing was more difficult.

The inferiority complex is something more often found ammong retail players. Because it is easier and casuallised. Honestly if you are going to argue this then theres no point in talking to you. At some point we have to move on to more rational people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    This thread is bleeding the insecurity out of Legacy-enthusiasts
    This thread is bleeding the insecurity out of retail enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Good lord can some people get off their high horse already?

Since when is "retailers" even a term? and a derogatory one at that.. just pathetic.
    If that phrase becomes a thing that is common on vanilla servers, I hope they fail just cause of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    If that phrase becomes a thing that is common on vanilla servers, I hope they fail just cause of that.
    Scared of being proven wrong? Or the truth about retail being more casual becoming undeniable? Its already undeniable. I played both.

Anyway im out, shit thread with fanboy children in it not understanding wordsand in deep denial of reality...

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-12-01 at 12:46 AM.

From Vanilla to Wrath you did have to manage boss parry chance with mitigation stats on gear until everyone started to dump mitigation/avoidance for HPs, then the game tanked to not requiring any threat mitigation nor avoidance into shear spamming and as much HPs as possible.

It wasn't difficult, or confusing, you just built your tank how you wanted but always need to hit the soft cap for hit chance to avoid boss parry at level +3.

The misconception that itemlevel is king is what differentiates the good from the bad now. Stat balance is as important now as it ever has been, there is just less stats. I can't say I miss any of the old stats though tbh. Hit rating e.t.c was just a ballache more than anything. The gameplay alone should dictate the difficulty of a game, artificially increasing difficulty with un-intuative design isn't the way to go. That's what games of old did, which was fine then, not now.. One of the things I fully agree with Ion on, complex stat systems, and everything that came with it was just pointless, all anyone that really cared did was input data to a website and follow the optimal instructions. Get X stat till y% isn't remotely interesting. I hope we reach a point in the game were stats don't even exist frankly. I'd live with PvP templates in PvE, and Item level just gives a %boost to all stats. Would eliminate the need for spreadsheets entirely, I'd spend less time inputting to a spreadsheet and more time actually progressing then.

The answer to your question though, no. Launch Vanilla as it was, small changes if any.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-11-30 at 05:37 PM.