Deleted

Any opinions on what talent choices @ bosses in Antorus ?

Havent had much time to check out Antorus bosses due to work, so i was wondering if someone had some opinions regarding what talents to use on each bosses in the new raid.

Would be nice to come on wednesday raid, just abit prepared

Any advice is appreciated.

Could you tell us what spec you are?

Deleted
    Oh ffs sorry..

Im talking about MM!

Here's my thoughts atm. Obviously I could be wrong, and strats can certainly change or be different from guild to guild. I didn't get to do PTR testing, so all this is based on our preliminary strats for our guild tomorrow. This is just where I'm planning to start.

Garothi - Full ST

Felhounds - Full ST. Bosses have to be 40 yards apart at all times, so we really can't effectively cleave, so I'm planning on just kinda nuking one. I could be wrong on this, but I don't think trying to maximize the Trickshot's built in cleave will beat out the output of being just full ST.

Antoran High Command - AoE build (Belt/Boot leggos, LnL talent, still Patient Sniper and Trickshot). There will be adds spawning regularly for 2/3 of the fight. Idk how much HP they have, or how long they'll be alive, but I'm planning on starting as AoE build. May change based on how long adds actually live.

Hasabel - Depends on your raid's strat. There are adds spawning constantly the entire fight, with the number of adds increasing each phase. However, there needs to be a dedicated group of ST DPSers for the mini bosses, so it really depends where you get assigned.

Eonar - Adds fight, planning on going AoE build. Will see how long the little adds live, but I don't think it'll change.

Imonar, Varimathras - pure ST fights

Kin'Garoth - ST focus, but a fair amount of target switching. Don't know the exact timing on how often the Add phase begins, but it's fair to say the ring will lose a lot of value. Planning on using Gloves/Boots, with LnL

Coven - This is the fight I'm least sure of, having not gotten to ever actually do the fight. I know adds spawn every 80 seconds, and there's always 2 bosses up, though the bosses have to be spread >18 yards at all times. I don't know how close the adds will be to each other, so I can't tell if it'll be worth using Belt/Boots. I'm planning on starting with Gloves/Boots, and going from there.

Aggramar - Single Target fight, but with a lot of target switching, again reducing Huntmaster's value. Most of P2 and P3 will revolve around controlling adds, and killing them is a temporary way to deal with them until they respawn. Planning on starting with Glove/Boots with LnL

Argus - Mostly a ST fight, except for P3 when there are 7 adds. Unsure if that phase by itself will reduce the value of Huntmaster's enough to not use it. Going to start as Glove/Boot with LnL, and judge it after seeing the boss and exactly how long that phase lasts.

Looking forward to hearing what some of the other hunters here are thinking too!

Could apply a lot of that as BM too, I think?

Both BM and MM only have one viable build. The only talents you ever change are Crows vs Volley.

Tell you what, High command as BM is a pain in the ass with the pets bugging out when moving to and from platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
    Tell you what, High command as BM is a pain in the ass with the pets bugging out when moving to and from platforms.
    That's Portal Keeper - and for me the pets always despawn when jumping through a portal and respawn the moment I land.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    That's Portal Keeper - and for me the pets always despawn when jumping through a portal and respawn the moment I land.
    I think I figured out what causes the behavior. Going up to one of the portals always seems fine. However, coming back down from a portal can cause your pets to stay up above *if* you move as you land or disengage. If you let yourself fully land from the portal and pause for maybe up to a second, they always came down with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Both BM and MM only have one viable build. The only talents you ever change are Crows vs Volley.
    I only play MM, so that's all I can speak for, but this statement isn't entirely correct. When considering talents you also have to consider legendaries, especially since the ring grants a free talent. With the variety of encounters in Antorus, there's actually room for a lot of variance in talent/legendary setups for MM. Just saying it's as cut and dry as crows vs. volley is a vast oversimplification.

Quote Originally Posted by Crzypck View Post
    I only play MM, so that's all I can speak for, but this statement isn't entirely correct. When considering talents you also have to consider legendaries, especially since the ring grants a free talent. With the variety of encounters in Antorus, there's actually room for a lot of variance in talent/legendary setups for MM. Just saying it's as cut and dry as crows vs. volley is a vast oversimplification.
    The ring doesn't add any options. You're always gonna pick LnL and TA. IF you, for some reason, don't use the ring.... you'll use LnL like 99% of the time.

The whole raid is either Volley + Boots/Belt (in which case you obviously pick LnL) or Crows with Ring+Boots/Gloves (in which case you obviously pick TA). There's the sneaky special exception of the new Crucible ring being a possibility... in which case you'd most likely go for Crows + double ring.

0 Variety whatsoever. Go ring with Crows on ST, go belt with Volley on AoE, done.