Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wink Trudeau retail mania reaches fever pitch with “My Canadian Boyfriend” calendar

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...turing-pm.html

Justin Trudeau currently finds himself at the top of Amazon’s Canadian History bestsellers list but it’s not for his memoir, Common Ground, which was released in 2014.

Instead, the prime minister is featured in a 12-month wall calendar called My Canadian Boyfriend.

Listed for sale by Universe Publishing on Oct. 3, the calendar’s description claims to be “a year-long celebration of dynamic, smart, compassionate, and sometimes sassy Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.”

The calendar features 12 images of Canada’s “model-like role-model,” and features commentary on “his views from his sparkling blue eyes,” the description reads.

In a statement provided to CTV News, the Prime Minister’s Office confirmed that it had no involvement in the calendar’s creation.

While the calendar is available for purchase on the American Amazon site, it is not currently available in Canada, though the listing does appear on Amazon.ca

The shopping choices do not stop there.

Below Universe Publishing’s glowing review of Trudeau’s eyes, Amazon suggests items frequently bought together.

A mug, listed for sale at $14.95 (U.S.), which proclaims the Prime Minster is “Hot AF.”

A Justin Trudeau scented candle, which purports to smell of chai tea and maple — giving an aroma of “hot Canadian guy” — is packaged alongside a Trudeau temporary tattoo.

Also available on Amazon, shoppers can find a Trudeau life-sized cardboard cutout (with only five left in stock, Amazon warns), a vinyl wall decal, and Trudeau themed greeting cards.

PM-themed retail products are not only available on the Amazon shopping web site. One can find undergarments with Trudeau’s face on them, pins, kimono-style robes, leggings, and custom-made lingerie. For $130 (U.S.), one can buy a onesie emblazoned with the PM’s face, a Canada Goose, Pegasus, and white tigers.

With files from CTV News

Wow. What's next I wonder? The Honourable PM sure seems popular eh? Do you plan to buy one of these calendars?

"#1 best seller" in Canadian History

What does that mean? Is there a section called "Canadian History?"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah. Canadian history is a section which many are interested in.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought he was the Husband and it was his Wife that had Boyfriends.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Well yeah. Canadian history is a section which many are interested in.
    Many as in ONLY Canadians...

Deleted
    He isn't even that attractive

Now that's a a pair of attractive Canadians

I sure wish we could have less politicians with personality cults surrounding them...

So basically his memoirs are beaten by a pinup calendar of him. Should we just draw the conclusion he's a pretty boy with nothing of note or value between his ears and that Canadians are more interesting in perving on him than understanding him?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I sure wish we could have less politicians with personality cults surrounding them...
    Nothing to argue with there.

I don't think this is particularly dangerous in Trudeau's case since it's largely tongue-in-cheek, but it is unseemly and sets a bad precedent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    So basically his memoirs are beaten by a pinup calendar of him. Should we just draw the conclusion he's a pretty boy with nothing of note or value between his ears and that Canadians are more interesting in perving on him than understanding him?
    Ouch, that is Tennis’ hero you’ve just obliterated. Do you have no heart?

Objectifying women is wrong, but with men it's ok. I am sure Trudeau enjoys not being taken seriously.

and that Canadians are more interesting in perving on him than understanding him?
    You understand that this is largely americans horndogging over him, right? And that it's americans profiting off it? On an american site selling things in american dollars?

Like this? https://pics.me.me/shut-up-german-hi...d-28972280.png

Please let someone find something incriminating on that smug fuck.

Trudeau body pillow.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You keep on sucking that dick, Tennis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    He isn't even that attractive

Now that's a a pair of attractive Canadians
    Some random men? They aren't politicians are they? They're not world leaders.

Look at the leaders of other countries like the U.S., U.K, China etc.

Deleted
    If your girlfriend/wife buys one of these... dump her asap. Or you are the definition of a cuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Some random men? They aren't politicians are they? They're not world leaders.

Look at the leaders of other countries like the U.S., U.K, China etc.
    So? Hot men in calendars are more popular than average looking politicians