10+ Year Old Account

Analyze my game play please?

So I used to be Platinum and Upper gold now I am bronze, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if I have bad luck? I know I can always be better and do make mistakes so I am wondering if people see anything I am missing (btw there is some colorful language and I do get a little angry lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-E-oAiR1DQ&t=27s
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    So I used to be Platinum and Upper gold now I am bronze, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if I have bad luck? I know I can always be better and do make mistakes so I am wondering if people see anything I am missing (btw there is some colorful language and I do get a little angry lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-E-oAiR1DQ&t=27s
    In your first game on first point your team put all its eggs in one basket, behind Rhardts shield. Made it easy to focus fire there and wipe you guys off the defence. You also haven't been using your escape as moira as much as you could of, when hammers are in your face or a tire is rolling in that is a good time to use fade. Moira's heals also have a hot component so you are better off spritzing people and letting the hot do the work when the majority of the fight is over (during regroup) than expending all your resources. When you ulted you were looking for kills, use it more to heal with the bonus of potentially killing.

Bastion should of been on highground from the beginning because he ate enemy shoulder charges like candy. Typically as Bastion I will be in a position where I can shoot anything that enters the control point but not be seeable from the entry door so the enemy have less time to do damage to me, bastion can kill much faster than they can kill Bastion. At a certain point no one was using rhardts shields on your team but rhardt. As a moira shields are your best friends, you can do damage and the enemy can't. Your tracking is fine as you kill Genji repeatedly.
    Your team needs to learn to respect ults, the ults clearly call out loudly and only once did your team split up and hide.

As far as team comp goes Rhardt and Bastion are both good for Moira, Moira is one of the few healers that can keep a Bastion alive and if you do you will get big greedy payouts. Rhardt keeps you alive if you stay behind the shield. Being behind the shield does not mean you have to be close though. You can be at mid range and avoid the junkrat bombs hitting both of you. Zarya is not such a great pick unless your team has two healers. Zarya takes a lot of damage because her major defence has a longer cooldown and only lasts a few seconds. I refuse to play zarya unless I have 2 healers on the team. Perhaps a roadhog would of been a better choice, self heals reduces moira's solo heal work and he can easily hook charging rheinhardts, pull in the squishies and wreck D.va.

In the attack round you don't really have a dedicated tank, dva is dive attack and zarya doesn't really have an on demand defence like rheinhardt.

As Moira try and use buildings and walls and heal from behind them, there is no reason for you to be out in the open when you are healing everyone. A Rhardt firestrike can ruin your day if you are in the open but it can't pass through walls. Try and bounce healing orbs off walls so it not only starts near your team but can stay in that area or return to them. Chucking it straight in front of you means it heals a little and then shoots off into the enemy team only half used. You are also spending way too much time chasing people down for kills off where your team isn't when they need you to be healing. Like when you chase the genji to the big health pack.

I'll also note that the only communication going on is who is dead, there is no talk about which path you are taking, any strategy or even target priorities. It's basically what ever pops up in the targeting recticle. "Alright Reaper you flank on one side, we will follow the tanks in and Zarya will pop ult and I will ult." Even if the plan doesn't fall into place at least everyone is on the same page. You make a very good use of all of your ults at the same time with Zarya. It doesn't matter how many you used because when you win the ult goes away anyways.

In the final round you guys call out the junk rat tire, hide, Dva ult explodes and you run back in to eat tire. You forgot the tire was still in play.
    I think if you had a Rhardt or Orisa shield you could of taken the final point, when the enemy team has a junk rat and you all go the same entry way without some kind of damage block junkrat can basically shut that entry path down and get fat ult charge.

All in all it wasn't a bad match, major points were the team comps, zarya and dva are not main tanks. Minor points are tricks like bouncing the heal orb back into your team and not sending your orbs into space. Use your fade more often, heal more and damage/solo hunt less.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll also note that when you shit talk someone on your team they tend to not give a shit about helping you achieve your goals. I'm not saying that one trick bastion threw the fight but eventually someone will. Be the adult in the room and shit talk them at the end of the game when you lose.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    i knew he was going to get wrecked as soon as he said "did you say soldier was more reliable dps?"

but despite being a typical crybaby bastion he works really well at this level and as the only person playing a healer you are not playing a solo healer and neglected to immediately shift your focus to bastion when you should have known he was going to be the enemy team's primary focus once your idiot Reinhardt decided he needed to turn around to shoot at DVA instead of letting the dps do their job and the group falls apart as you make poor use of your primary and shift before dying and falling back on B. but truthfully even if you'd have played Mercy, I doubt you would have been able to save a bastion who doesn't realize they can transform back into recon mode. The fall of your defense on point A was instrumentally and arguably singlehandedly Retardhardt's fault.

Didn't watch to end but personally, I can't say much for your mechanical ability since you're playing a hero that's a small step up from Symmetra but a big step down from Soldier 76. However, what I do see is a frequent struggle to get a lot of value out of your orbs. You also frequently struggle with decisions regarding your positioning and role as a support.

You've heard Junkrat's audio queue for his riptire and you know it's far away and but he is undoubtedly about to run it right through the middle of the objective and you've still chosen to walk into it. if you cannot shoot a riptire, the best strategy is to reduce the value he gets out of it by limiting it's number of picks to 1.

I don't care what hero you are playing, walking in front of a reinhardt in close quarters like he is not going to do anything is just idiotic. you don't know if he's got earthshatter, you may have just lined up a multikill for him. I mean, look at where you're standing. If he'd have had earthsatter he would have killed you, mercy and bastion and ended your team lol. both of you are in a terrible position, I'd say he still would have killed you both if it wasn't for bastion but the dumb cunt wasn't even shooting at him. I mean, it should say something that you got by on that one on all accounts of stupidity - that's not something you should get comfortable relying on.

but doing that to a reinhardt is like slapping a pitbull in the face 19 times and not expecting it to rip your fucking hand off on the 20th attempt. It makes you look very vulnerable and you might be able to use that to your advantage under certain circumstances, but in this scenario it would have gotten your team chunked.

Poor positioning to avoid DVA bomb, soldier punished you for it. Your teammates were above you and you put LOS between you. Under bridge was much easier to go but for some reason you go left and hope a sliver of a guard rail is enough to save you.

On defense, I don't see you doing much to add value to your team other than killing flankers.

On attack, you and Lucio are killing a way out of position Reinhardt when BOTH OF YOU are supposed to be healing your teammates. Just like every other support who thinks they are some sort of hybrid DPS and not a healer. But you still got A, so just nevermind and keep on not doing your job. before this, before mercy died, you were almost pinned and unless you were aware of the state of your team's success, this was absolutely horrendous play from both of you.

All you did was reunite him with his team quicker when doing your job and getting on the point and healing your team like you are supposed to would have staggered out his death very badly to the great benefit of your team by killing him on the way to take objective B, leaving the enemy team defenseless. Where else was he going to go? Even if a bronze player had the brains to jump off a cliff in that situation I doubt they would have done it. Worst case scenario, lose some ult charge. best case scenario, massively disadvantage the enemy team. Risk totally worth the gain.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's kind of a problem when your tanks and supports don't let the DPS do their jobs. Within reason of course, clutch is clutch and skill is skill but there's a time and place for everything.

After that, you walk into a dragonblade and take 120 damage for no reason as Reaper backpedals into you. You should have known this was a bad position to be in. What if Genji had dashed with his DB reset and slashed you? you'd be dead. Just because you're in bronze doesn't mean you aren't going to fight a Genji who can turn a camera.

You are playing very poorly just about every time you attack Genji and heavily rely on the lack of mechanical skill Moira requires to harass heroes like Genji and Tracer. You aren't going to do that in plat where people realize running away from a Symmetra they can't outrun is retarded. These people aren't going to have their backs turned to you as you try to chase them down like some sort of poor man's winston. a few ninja stars to the face, a dash and ninja stars to the back, a melee and you'd be dead. You get a little too close for comfort attacking Genji most times and a more skilled Genji would have made you pay for it. But you did do a pretty god job of running him off. Just know better Genji players are out there.

If you EVER see a Reinhardt running up to you without his shield i can promise you it's not going to be good news when he gets to where he wants to be. Your positioning isn't awful on the earthsatter you've taken in scoring 2 but being boxed in and easy to hit as a support is never where you want to be if you can help it.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-04 at 11:27 AM.

Only had to watch the first 15 seconds of the game.

You played protect the president, but as soon as Diva engaged, your rein dropped his shield and went in on Diva despite having 3 or 4 people there to take out the Diva for him.

Plus yours and your teams positioning in the whole game is off, in every engagement. The above two posts are correct. I wouldn't be able to say it in a better way than them. It is pretty clear that you belong in Bronze at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Only had to watch the first 15 seconds of the game.

You played protect the president, but as soon as Diva engaged, your rein dropped his shield and went in on Diva despite having 3 or 4 people there to take out the Diva for him.

Plus yours and your teams positioning in the whole game is off, in every engagement. The above two posts are correct. I wouldn't be able to say it in a better way than them. It is pretty clear that you belong in Bronze at the moment.
    I dunno, tracking wasn't an issue so I would say silver. Rheinhardt playing like a dope isn't Moira's fault. There were a lot of bad plays but not all of them were directly on the Moira, it was a team fail. Moira had her bad points like not healing from behind walls for cover, not using fade as an oh shit button and trying to chase down people off to a side rather than healing but I think they could comfortably sit in silver. There was some communication, a desire to work as a team, tracking wasn't horrendous, some inklings of strategy and generally didn't look stupified when they ran into anything beyond bronze skill norms. They were hiding from ults too, so I think silver is attainable.... just probably not with a team full of bronzies.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

-Your movement is predictable.
    -You are misusing your abilities, like you don't have a good sense when to E1 vs E2.
    -Your positioning is pretty poor, it should be borderline impossible for a reinhardt to kill you.
    -You waste healing spray on thin air, and aren't doing damage when you could be.
    -You aren't using fade to position yourself unpredictably, and you aren't getting solo eliminations on isolated enemies.
    -Your aim is decent, but your E's are slowly employed.
    -You don't seem to have a good sense when you should be healing and when you should be doing damage.
    -The Lucio Outhealed you with 15,000ish on 6 captures(25 minutes) I have seen Moiras get 30,000+ healing done in that amount of time

I'm not trying to be mean but it could be that you were overplaced before.