Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Spoiler] Sargeras last. A theory about Azeroth.

Edit: Meh the headline should be "Sargeras last gift. A theory about Azeroth. "

Hey guys,

I am not sure if this has been speculated about allready or not but I thought about a reason for all of this that, in my opinion sounds rather cool and sheds a different light on the whole Azeroth stabbing thing.

Of course this is just a theroy and I can't really prove anything but wanted to share the idea and maybe we could speculate a bit about it:

So the big question is, why did Sargeras, in his last moment, decided to stab Azeroth with his sword?
    Why would he even want to kill her in first place?

In order to answer that and his thought behind it, we have to remember that Sargeras itself is not a chaotic evil maniac. He is in deep fear the Void will end everything. That is why he betrayed tha Pantheon and created the Burning Legion. He needed an army that was able to end the Void in order to allow a new creation that will not eventually be consumed by the void. He just saw no other way than that. All his actions, all his planning was related to that one goal. He was totally convinced that this is the only way to save the universe itself.

So why did he want to kill Azeroth then? My answer: He didn't. It was never his intention to kill her.

Sargeras only had a few moments left, his crusade, the only way he could think of stopping the Void ended after his defeat, in this moment of "NOOOOO" he must have thought about how everything will end now after he and his crusade is gone.

So why did he stabbed Azeroth with the sword then, was it just an act of retaliation, some kind of hatred against us? I don't think so, it doesn't suite his character. He is not stupid.

My theory is he saw only one little fraction of a chance that the void lords could be stopped, the last hope for the existence of the universe itself is the last titan: Azeroth.
    Sargeras only had a few seconds left to spark this one last hope that is atleast better than nothing: He gifted his sword as a heirloom to Azeroth. It was of course never his first plan or intention, but he had no choice and was his only action left he was able to do before being sealed away.

Why should he do that? Why that sword and why in such a brutal way?
    Well why so brutally? It is Sargeras after all and maybe he even tried to forcfully awaken her. It was an All In situation, he didn't have the time left to do it properly. He just played the last card he had.

Why is the sword so important anyway?
    That sword is probably Gorribal. Gorribal is one half of his original sword Gorshalach (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Gorshalach) which broke into two shards and which can only be made whole again by a truely good being. This sword is known to be the most powerful weapon in the universe and whoever is going to fight against the Void will probably need that thing.

The other half is the sword if Agrammar: Taeshalach (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Taeshalach) which is also now somewhere on Azeroth as we killed him in the raid and was able to loot it.

So both parts of the most powerful weapon in the universe is now in Azeroth hands once she awakens and she is, in Sargeras eyes now the only being left who could tak onto the voild lords. He stabbed Azeroth to make sure the sword is not lost and sealed away.

So in short: Sargeras didn't try to kill Azeroth, he wanted to make sure she has the ability to be the last being able to fight against the void. It is Sargeras last gift he was able to give reluctandly to her, some kind of a strange, demonic heirloom for her birthday.
    Sargeras is of course so arrogant and beyond mortal thinking that he doesn't even think of us as being able to fight against the Void, in his eyes we might be mere insects, but Azeroth is called to be the most powerful titan ever to exist and he made sure to hand her over the most powerful weapon that ever existed.

What do you guys think? I don't know if that is what Blizzard will come up with, but to me it sounds rather cool.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2017-11-30 at 06:40 PM.

I was thinking about it like that honestly, not quite in that sense but there was alot of logic behind that.

I saw it more as a desperate attempt to save the universe from the void, seeing it as a greater threat, he believed destroying Azeroth would essentially stop the void consuming everything because it would have nothing left.

Deleted
    Gorribal splitting was retconned. Azeroth should be capable of constructing her own weapon.

Stupid plan at corrupting her failed so he decided to save the universe by killing her off. And probably pushed bitch into Void's embrace in the result. This is Twilight 2.0, you need to think in the simplest way possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I was thinking about it like that honestly, not quite in that sense but there was alot of logic behind that.

I saw it more as a desperate attempt to save the universe from the void, seeing it as a greater threat, he believed destroying Azeroth would essentially stop the void consuming everything because it would have nothing left.
    Well we allready know from X'era and from some Q&As that there is a lot more left, whole worlds that are encased in light and stuff like that. So Azeroth is not the only playce left to consume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Gorribal splitting was retconned. Azeroth should be capable of constructing her own weapon.

Stupid plan at corrupting her failed so he decided to save the universe by killing her off. And probably pushed bitch into Void's embrace in the result. This is Twilight 2.0, you need to think in the simplest way possible.
    I know... Blizzard is far away from thinking about deep characters and actions, but it would be cool somehow. And woudl suite Sargeras mindset somehow.
    I personally don't like him as the "HULK SMASH!!!!" kind of guy.

I think you're overthinking it. Sargeras fears a corrupted Titan above all else. Although his intent was to convert Azeroth to his cause, in defeat he believed that taking her out of the picture was the next best outcome. He does not trust the mortals to keep her from the Void Lords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think you're overthinking it. Sargeras fears a corrupted Titan above all else. Although his intent was to convert Azeroth to his cause, in defeat he believed that taking her out of the picture was the next best outcome. He does not trust the mortals to keep her from the Void Lords.
    While that is true inside a scenario where he and his legion was still around, but now after his defeat a corrupted titan would be no worse, in his world after his defeat there is no one left to stop the void anyway.
    He feared a dark titan because that one could defeat him.

Like I said it was his last all in move.
    If she is dead -> Void lords win
    If she is corruped -> Void lord win
    If she is alive, awakened and armed with his sword -> small chance she could atleast do something, maybe.
    Not his first choice but the only one left he had.

So either way he might have sawn this as the only chance left, a small one, but he had nothing to lose anymore anyway. So why would he want to kill her, now when he was defeated anyway.
    This action was done as a last one after he was allready pulled back into the seat of the pantheon, he knew it was allready ofer at this point. No reason left to kill her just for the sake of revange? Don't think so.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2017-11-30 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Well we allready know from X'era and from some Q&As that there is a lot more left, whole worlds that are encased in light and stuff like that. So Azeroth is not the only playce left to consume.

- - - Updated - - -

I know... Blizzard is far away from thinking about deep characters and actions, but it would be cool somehow. And woudl suite Sargeras mindset somehow.
    I personally don't like him as the "HULK SMASH!!!!" kind of guy.
    He is not 'hulk smash' but he needs to act like this. Smudging Azeroth's tatas with his phlegm was the only other way to save the universe. We forced him to penetrate her tectonic flaps.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-30 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

He tried to kill Azeroth so the old gods couldn't corrupt her. We still have one left and the void lords aren't likely to give up. Because a dead Azeroth is better than a corrupted one.

silly question
    but did the burning legion forces ever clash with the void?

maybe there is more to it than we are seeing..i dont really remember seeing a felguard or a shivara battling a tentacle or shadow crawly thingies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    He tried to kill Azeroth so the old gods couldn't corrupt her. We still have one left and the void lords aren't likely to give up. Because a dead Azeroth is better than a corrupted one.
    Why? After his defeat the void woudl win anyway, so a corrupted titan is no worse than no titan. The sole purpose of the legion was to fight against the void. The sole purpose of him conquering worlds and slay the Pantheon was because he saw no other way to stop the Void but with an infinite army. All of that is gone now so in his mind he has the see the Void wins, with or without a corrupted titan.
    He only feared a corrupted one because it could defeat him. But that has happened allready, so no reason to kill her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    silly question
    but did the burning legion forces ever clash with the void?

maybe there is more to it than we are seeing..i dont really remember seeing a felguard or a shivara battling a tentacle or shadow crawly thingies
    We don't know, I only remember the shivarra saying that "without the fel the shadows will prevail".

Ah well in Mac'aree they locked a dark naaru that attracted the void, so maybe they encountered it atleast there?
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2017-11-30 at 06:57 PM.

Looks like he was "stabbing" Azeroth before the actual stabbing...

hold on, I was under the impression the burning legion's ultimate goal was to destroy all life so the void had nothing to corrupt, not to destroy the void. Sargeras' logic was it's better for everything to be dead than corrupted...killing Azeroth prevents the void from corrupting her, and that was his ultimate goal for coming after Azeroth in the beginning. Prevent a powerful titan from getting corrupted...or did I get that wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    hold on, I was under the impression the burning legions ultimate goal was to destroy all life so the void had nothing to corrupt, not to destroy the void. Sargeras' logic was it's better for everything to be dead than corrupted...or did I get that wrong, or was that changed?
    Na, the demons allways talk about a great recreation.

Sargeras plan is to use this universe as his legion to destroy the void and then do a new creation free from void corruption.
    The legions sole purpose was to fight against the void.

Sargeras plan is to use this universe as his legion to destroy the void and then do a new creation free from void corruption.
    i wasn't asking you, no offense. It's clear you believe as stated above and in the OP. I'm asking for someone else to chime in to clarify.

Deleted
    Why? After his defeat the void woudl win anyway, so a corrupted titan is no worse than no titan. The sole purpose of the legion was to fight against the void. The sole purpose of him conquering worlds and slay the Pantheon was because he saw no other way to stop the Void but with an infinite army. All of that is gone now so in his mind he has the see the Void wins, with or without a corrupted titan.
    He only feared a corrupted one because it could defeat him. But that has happened allready, so no reason to kill her anymore.
    He got enthralled by Azeroth, that's why he changed his mind from destroyed to corrupting her.

It actually makes a whole lot of sense to kill her using Sargeras logic. We're obviously strong enough to beat almost every demon or void being we come across. With Azeroth out of the picture (the Titan, not the planet) and the Void Lords unable to come to our plane of existence, we are probably strong enough to keep them from winning.

It was pretty obvious that none of the Legion new anything AT ALL about the Legion's true purpose of destroying/fighting the Void and its creatures; not even KJ knew about it so its logical to assume none of the Legion did. Thus, the 'great recreation' was simply a ruse that Sarg planted into his army to drive their resolve.

Also, it's probably safe to say you are wrong in thinking no Azeroth = the Void wins. The Void only wins if they can corrupt Titan souls so they can actually manifest themselves permanently within our realm, if there are no Titan souls in the universe then the Void Lords can't remain in our universe; this is exactly why the Old Gods exist, to scour the universe for potential Titan souls to corrupt, where their wealth of power can actually be utilised by the VL's so they can enter our realm. Sargeras failed to bring Azeroth to heel, therefore destroying Azeroth was the only other option.

That's wrong. Both Chronicle and Legion has stated that Sargeras' goal was to destroy all life, and create new one or hope that new life would come forth from nothing (for example: "In Sargeras' mind, even a lifeless universe was better than one dominated by the Void. Life had taken root in the cosmos once before. Perhaps after the physical universe was scoured of corruption, life would take root again", or "Finally, he concluded that the only way to spare the universe was to purge it in fire <...> Yet despite these horrific physical changes, Sargeras' mind remain locked on his one all-consuming purpose. To prevent the void lords from possessing creation, life itself had to be extinguished"). That's his idea of recreation - and it's not like the void or the light can be destroyed by the Legion anyway, they are separated dimensions outside reality. Destroying the Void itself is way beyond what Sargeras (or any character in WoW) is capable of. They might be able to kill the void lords, but so what? Eventually void energy would give birth to new ones.

In fact, Sargeras hardly care that much about the fighting against the Void. When he originally found the Void Lords, he knew they were more powerful than the demons, yet he still put the demons on higher priority in his killing order. What freaked Sargeras out was the Void Lords' corruption and their plans, which might lead to the birth of a Void Titan. That was when he started to think about what would become the Burning Crusade as we know it, destroying all life in order to purge the universe of corruption.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think?
    I enjoyed it, but think it would be too nuanced for blizzard writing. The sword stabbing into Azeroth is more likely to be (IMO) a stepping stone to use for the expansion AFTER BfA comes out.

IE: Nzoth and/or old gods slowly seep back into Azeroth while we are all Red VS. Blue on each other, and then 'oh, shit time to deal with shadow/void in next expac'. Pair that up with Alleria Windrunner going on all shadow/void and the sword hitting Silithus (of all places)
    Last edited by Derpules; 2017-11-30 at 10:06 PM.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    I enjoyed it, but think it would be too nuanced for blizzard writing. The sword stabbing into Azeroth is more likely to be (IMO) a stepping stone to use for the expansion AFTER BfA comes out.

IE: Nzoth and/or old gods slowly seep back into Azeroth while we are all Red VS. Blue on each other, and then 'oh, shit time to deal with shadow/void in next expac'. Pair that up with Alleria Windrunner going on all shadow/void and the sword hitting Silithus (of all places)
    It's a stepping stone into BFA itself. It causes the azurate (Azeroth's blood) to come to the surface which helps ignite the hva war and wounded Azeroth itself and we'll need to save her. Battle for Azeroth has more than one meaning here.