Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Am 31, not noticing any of those issues. In fact, I'd argue I have more focus and more appreciation for games these days. Still having fun in my games (WoW, for example) after so many years.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 38 and if the game is engaging I can play it to the end in a single sitting, if it's below 24 hours that is. The last game I played this way was ACO.

There are just very few games that are really engaging, because I played a lot and have high standards which obviously have dropped over the years on the development side.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

33 here and have embraced this because it makes the game feel special.. been playing Zelda BOTW for months only on my days off and while my kid is eating lunch so he can watch (he likes it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You're old and out of shape
    That maybe true indeed. Funny thing is physically I am much better now than when I was young lost like 23 KG and very fit and little bit muscular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, just some information about me first:

I am a 34+ years old male video gamer. I have been a hardcore video gamer since the 80s (Amiga, NES, and Master system era). I mostly play RPGs.

Now here is the issue, back then when I was like 11 to 20 ish years old I had no problem playing video games for over 12+ hours straight (I know this is super unhealthy but yeah). Nowadays I can barely play video games for straight 4 or 5 hours I know this is still considered a lot of hours for the average video gamer but as I said I am still a hardcore video gamer but yeah these days I can only play for like 4 maybe 6 hours at max then after that I start feeling tired, headache and losing focus...so the question is...is it because I am older now and don't have the same energy as when I was young and teenager? or is it something else?

Thanks for reading.
    Playing games for 12 hours straight isn't normal or good. That you have trouble doing it now is you getting older and your body going "FUCKING HELL DO SOMETHING ELSE PLEASE".

Been a gamer since the Atari 2600, but find games generally boring nowadays... even though I got a vast library off Steam, PS4 and Xbox Live all I really only play is WoW, only due to character attachment.

If it weren't for WoW I'd have long stopped playing games, for the most part, I imagine.

I mean, yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep this is for sure part of getting older. Wait till ear hair comes.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    usually just BS with people in discord.
    I opened this thread thinking I was still a hard gamer cause I am on the computer all the time. But I'm just on discord too... I can't game as hard as I used too. It comes in waves for me now.

That maybe true indeed. Funny thing is physically I am much better now than when I was young lost like 23 KG and very fit and little bit muscular.
    Yeah but when you're young you have youth energy on your side. I am in the same boat as you I use to game for hours but to be honest I get bored and can hardly sit that long, also my ass starts to hurt.

Deleted
    For me it's just motivation - the last game I was really into and played for hours was Witcher 3. Legion had me similarly hooked till summer. I now spend more time socializing online or watching TV

Deleted
    You have played so long, it's not that new and exciting anymore. These games can't catch my attention for so long anymore.

my mid to late 30s really sucked.

Getting older has to do with it, as far as the headaches and stuff though - you might want to go in for an eye exam. Sounds like an issue I had before I got a new set of glasses - though it was a bigger issue for me since I work on computers all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

yep we are getting old, I am feeling the same. I used to be competitive as heck. Now while sometimes I still want to win I usually just want casual fun and lose focus a lot faster even when things really interest me. I also notice I can focus on less things at the same time, no more 5 different things at the same time but changes to a priority thinkway so my head is clearer. Well so be it, we are getting old but at least we can still have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone, just some information about me first:

I am a 34+ years old male video gamer. I have been a hardcore video gamer since the 80s (Amiga, NES, and Master system era). I mostly play RPGs.

Now here is the issue, back then when I was like 11 to 20 ish years old I had no problem playing video games for over 12+ hours straight (I know this is super unhealthy but yeah). Nowadays I can barely play video games for straight 4 or 5 hours I know this is still considered a lot of hours for the average video gamer but as I said I am still a hardcore video gamer but yeah these days I can only play for like 4 maybe 6 hours at max then after that I start feeling tired, headache and losing focus...so the question is...is it because I am older now and don't have the same energy as when I was young and teenager? or is it something else?

Thanks for reading.
    I'm 36. I play for about 4 hours a night during the week, and on the weekends, it could be something like 15 hours 9am - 2am, or 6. Depends on what I need to do that day.

Being an adult reduces the amount of time you have to dedicate. This may also reflect into your game choices. The older I get, I seem to gravitate towards game that require less of a time investment.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'm 29, and have a hard time completing games nowadays as well. My husband has been complaining about it, too. We've been going back to older games. If I'm gonna replay something for the bajillionth time, it's at least going to be good.

Most of the time... it just feels like the same game with a different coat of paint. Only new game I've played in the last 8 months was Horizon Zero Dawn, and I went to get Digimon: Cyber Sleuth because I've been meaning to pick it up. Been out for a while, and it's 20 bucks. Why not.

I love pokemon, and even those are getting difficult to focus on. Everything FEELS the same, like I've played it a million times. I'm already aware pokemon is the same formula with each game :P Don't need to reiterate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly i think it's just a part of getting older. I used to be the same way with WoW. I'd play literally all day everyday. Now I only play maybe 4 hours until I start losing interest. 4 hours probably still seems like a long time to some people but going from 10 hours a day to 4 hours is a pretty significant difference. In WoW's case though it also has to do with the game itself with it being as old as it is and playing it for around 11 years and for how grindy and RNG based it is these days.

Getting old stops being fun after tuning 21. Your whole childhood you're wishing you were older so you can do things you can't do as a kid but then you get to a point where it stops being fun. Birthday parties are less exciting because you're just getting older and starting to realize that you're going to be 30 soon (I got 4 more years until I get there )

I am in the same boat! 33 Female here and its very rare that i play longer then 4 hours in one sitting. I miss the days when I was younger and I could dedicate hours and hours to doing nothing but now i get antsy if i sit for to long.

Yes older, I get that feeling some times too. Best thing is to get bunch of different kinds of games and switch between them, keeps thing interesting.