Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate fake trees real is way better.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't celebrate holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    pointless waste of trees to cut one every year and good looking trees at that, because nobody wants to decorate the ugly ones. A good fake one, youll keep your life time.
    Your post is confusing. Are you doing the tree-hugging "those poor trees" thing or the inclusive "stop discriminating against ugly trees" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Well, if none bought Christmas trees, none would be planting them. For every tree that is harvested, three new are planted.
    Not to mention all the CO2 the trees absorb.
    When you are done with the tree you can turn it to mulch and use it in gardening, landscaping etc.

Also, the trees are habitats for lots of animals.
    Easy there! Can't expect him to actually rationalize anything.

Fake tree, don't need my 2 year old or 10 month old eating the needles. Also it has lights already on it, so by far the most annoying part of decorating it is already done.

I will switch to a real tree at some point probably, but not as long as I live in my current house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Deleted
    If I had kids I'd get a real one simply because I fondly remember liking it and I'd at least want my children to possibly have fond memories of it as well. If they don't give a shit it's not worth the hassle though.

I live in a tall apartment building. I wouldn’t even know how to dispose of a real tree

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer real trees but they can be a pain in the ass sometimes and I understand why people prefer fake ones. First of all you save money by not having to buy a tree every year. With fake ones you just disassemble it and stash it away until next year. No cleaning up or making sure there's water inside the bucket and most importantly no allergies or bugs. I just saw a thing on TV where they said to make sure your trees don't have bugs hiding inside. It's these bugs that feed on the sap and they hide underneath the branches so they say to shake it out and leave it in your garage or outside for a while to make sure there's no bugs.

Despite all that though I just love smelling that pine scent. When you're opening up your presents and smelling that pine at the same time, it's the best feeling. I don't mind having a fake tree though. It's convenient and saves you money I just like that tradition of going out and finding that perfect tree.

Real, but small. Love the smell, but as a loner I don't need anything gigantic.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I use real at my house. 8 footer.

At my parents house they use a 7 footer fake they got from Macy's the year I was born (a crappie but highly sentimental tree) in the family room and a 12 or 13 foot real tree in the foyer for guests at the annual Christmas party.
    Good on them I suppose. At least if they use the same one it reduces waste.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    This does so much damage to the environment. Growing a tree just to cut it down and put some lights on it. A total waste.
    Not really. Nothing organic is truly wasted.

We use a artificial one and have for years. Safer, cheaper in the long run and more convenient.

i vastly prefer real, the smell and overall aesthetic gets me. However with cats and a puppy, we switched to fake last year. It still looks good, but isnt the same.

Atleast we dont need to water it, then clean up sappy spilled water after the fuckin cats tip it. LOL

Both...
    Have a artificial in the foyer and a real one in the living room.

Deleted
    Virtual one, very high polygon count with lots of 4k textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Good on them I suppose. At least if they use the same one it reduces waste.
    Bizarre comment. The real one is thrown in a wood chipper and turned into mulch.

I use fake trees. Just as nice, easy to maintain, and no critters. Imagine a tree, spending 10 years or so to grow nice and tall, then some dirtbag family chops it down for some vanity tradition, only to end up dead on the curb after a month. /poisonivy

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike killing plants without need. At my parents old place there was one tree we kept specially trimmed in the yard to always decorate at christmas, then we did a fake one inside. I have a fake tree right now. Not sure if I'm happy with it, but something about having a big slowly dying stick in my living room makes me sad.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It used to be a tradition to get a real christmas tree in my house, but the past 4 years we've used a fake tree. Only because of the fact that it takes too much to care for a real tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Bizarre comment. The real one is thrown in a wood chipper and turned into mulch.
    Yeah, even at the dump here, the wood discards are chipped and the mulch is free for the taking.

Always real for me... for several years we had a row of saplings we'd transplanted specifically for the purpose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Real tree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Getting real tree this year, they smell nice.

Although I like real trees I use an artificial one. Far less work. Even though I kept the tree watered it would dry out and by the time came to take it down it left a wide trail of needles all over.