Xe'ra is a Light supremacist

There's something about her behavior that i couldn't find the right name. It's not only her fanatism and bigotry.
    Xe'ra is a white right Light supremacist.
    For her only things Light are pure, good, have the right to exist.
    Loyal Alleria studying the Shadow? Lock her up.
    A baby who didn't make a single decision, who didn't show the least sign of what his character is, is born with golden Light-like eyes. Chosen one.

Curse you Xe'ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    There's something about her behavior that i couldn't find the right name. It's not only her fanatism and bigotry.
    A baby who didn't make a single decision, who didn't show the least sign of what his character is, is born with golden Light-like eyes. Chosen one.

Curse you Xe'ra.
    Is this you by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it.

I get the joke.

X'era is exactly what Blizzard wanted to create: a "light" character who is acting like a tyran only to repel people and let them think "oh look, in fact, light and darkness are the same". I hate that idea, Light and Darkness are not equal, and will never be, it's stupid and insulting, Blizzard is doing relativism, like many people and organisations in our world.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knaifu is far more accepting. Xal sees Xera's zealotry and still considers her a wayward child that will eventually find her way back home to the Void. Where she will be welcomed with open arms. Or tentacles. Or both.

It amuses me that one of the very few characters from Legion that i actually care about and dont want to lose in BfA is Knaifu. The scentient, ancient, and most likely super-evil dagger. Her personality is more interesting than Illidan and Xera combined.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-11-30 at 11:31 PM.

Curse you Xe'ra.
    Except the Shadow is objectively shown to be evil, and Illidan was objectively proven to be the chosen one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    X'era is exactly what Blizzard wanted to create: a "light" character who is acting like a tyran only to repel people and let them think "oh look, in fact, light and darkness are the same". I hate that idea, Light and Darkness are not equal, and will never be, it's stupid and insulting, Blizzard is doing relativism, like many people and organisations in our world.
    yea it was pretty stupid even tho the op isnt actually talking about this. the light doesnt kill/enslave or turn everything into misery or a living nightmare like the dark/ void lords are doing. fu blizzard
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

I don't know.

On one hand Blizzard does have some messed up moral standards. For instance, it doesn't matter how many genocides and atrocities orcs commit. They're still indorsed.
    And yes, that Pandaria tribunal acquital of Garrosh was pretty much a tribunal setting a Nazi free because he did what he believed was right.
    /vomit

But on the other hand, supremacism and other ideologies work pretty much like this: you paint your side as the Light, and see the other side(s) as the Shadow. And... that is all. Absolute, irremovable moral standards right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part of this is how you used 5 commas in one run on sentence. You should stick to your own native tongue, not all languages are equal.

OT.. X is an annoying character but still a fairly accurate representation of any person or group who/which chooses to try to control others from a position of perceived moral superiority. Seems fine.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-01 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    My favorite part of this is how you used 5 commas in one run on sentence. You should stick to your own native tongue, not all languages are equal.
    Talking about supremacists...

OT.. X is an annoying character but still a fairly accurate representation of any person or group who/which chooses to try to control others from a position of perceived moral superiority. Seems fine.
    Perhaps his run on sentence has a limp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about supremacists...
    Just seemed egregious and especially so coming from someone speaking in complete absolutes, trying to draw out a narrative for 'how the world is right now'.. I dunno. Silly.

If I was a true grammar nazi, I would have to point out that you should have said: Speaking of supremacists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Perhaps his run on sentence has a limp?
    Hu hu. I like it.

Just seemed egregious and especially so coming from someone speaking in complete absolutes, trying to draw out a narrative for 'how the world is right now'.. I dunno. Silly.

If I was a true grammar nazi, I would have to point out that you should have said: Speaking of supremacists.
    Wouldn't it be; if I were?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Wouldn't it be; if I were?
    Got me, you get the mantle.

moral relativism is just what wow needs to attract the coveted 14 year old idiot demographic

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Knaifu is far more accepting. Xal sees Xera's zealotry and still considers her a wayward child that will eventually find her way back home to the Void. Where she will be welcomed with open arms. Or tentacles. Or both.

It amuses me that one of the very few characters from Legion that i actually care about and dont want to lose in BfA is Knaifu. The scentient, ancient, and most likely super-evil dagger. Her personality is more interesting than Illidan and Xera combined.
    I'm going to miss Xalatath
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Are you implying that a concept of balance and duality between Light and Darkness is a bad idea? If Light was "good" and Darkness was "evil", I would consider the lore to be worse than a Pixar movie.

Are you implying that a concept of balance and duality between Light and Darkness is a bad idea? If Light was "good" and Darkness was "evil", I would consider the lore to be worse than a Pixar movie.
    Agreed. I tend to think that true light and darkness are neutral and care nothing/little for the reasons mortals of a certain mindset tend to favor one over the other. They are not good and evil, they are perceived that way because of the ones who use them in those ways.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    ^

/thread