Thread: T21 Sims

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

T21 Sims

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T21_Raid.html

Based on the current set of Sims how are people seeing this tier panning out?

Seems there are a few outliers, I know a few balance passes usually occur in the 1st week or 2 but then they just seem to make no changes after that.

As a destro main, that has me a bit worried that aside from st I'm not going to be able to keep up with affliction again as soon as there is more than 1 target. Other classes seem to scale a lot better

Deleted
    the distance between classes is so small. so what. we are not op, and not bad.
    and the legendary choice in sims vs. live later is also questionable.
    switch the hood with soul of the netherlord.
    Last edited by mmoc13edddfe5a; 2017-11-23 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuluLoco View Post
    the distance between classes is so small. so what. we are not op, and not bad.
    Tell that to BM hunters -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nidosarg View Post
    join the dark side dude. leave the green feelings behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T21_Raid.html

Based on the current set of Sims how are people seeing this tier panning out?

Seems there are a few outliers, I know a few balance passes usually occur in the 1st week or 2 but then they just seem to make no changes after that.

As a destro main, that has me a bit worried that aside from st I'm not going to be able to keep up with affliction again as soon as there is more than 1 target. Other classes seem to scale a lot better
    Destro will actually be in a better place in Antorus than in ToS in my opinion. The boost to tier and the fact it actually may have fights that suit it this time (Felhounds should be fun!)

I do agree that Destro is usually a weaker scaler over time. However, as you said there may be balance passes yet.

In the end it has to be your call as only you can decide what is more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    These sims are meaningless.

I will be Destruction because I like it and it is usually delivers when actual dps check mechanic happens.

I seriously don't think BM hunters are that bad, they do pretty poorly in TOS sims too yet I've still seen them destroy meters. I've seen some pretty fucking horrible BM hunters doing pretty insane damage recently.

People put way too much weight behind sims. They aren't useless, but they shouldn't be treated as absolute truth.
    Last edited by asil; 2017-11-23 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    I'm hoping destro and demo are viable, the sims are so close that I worry affliction will cheat it's way to the top thanks to it's dreadful design making it broken on anything non-patchwerk.

Can't say I have much faith in the sims though, the other lock in our guild will no doubt be playing affliction, I'm happy playing either of the other specs - I'll use the other warlock in the guild as a benchmark over sims.

Yeah, I'm sure there won't be any bosses that require movement and make BM shoot up the ranks comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    D
    I do agree that Destro is usually a weaker scaler over time. However, as you said there may be balance passes yet.
    Even without balance passes, destruction often ends up putting out the damage where it actually matters. I don't really have much to complain about with destro bar it's cleave damage, I really wish it excelled in it's niche a little more than it does.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2017-11-23 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Even without balance passes, destruction often ends up putting out the damage where it actually matters. I don't really have much to complain about with destro bar it's cleave damage, I really wish it excelled in it's niche a little more than it does.
    Once upon a time I would have agreed with you for any other tier and I will not see KJ mythic so that boss is out of this conversation.

Ultimately it will depend on how the bosses are designed. I was late progressing so I had good gear/AP buffs but ToS had no boss for my group where Destruction was desired/needed and a good Affy knew how to prepare for any burst phases. I haven't looked deeply at all fights but if Blizz put in kill two adds in 10ish seconds or you will die, yes Destro will probably be more useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I'm hoping destro and demo are viable, the sims are so close that I worry affliction will cheat it's way to the top thanks to it's dreadful design making it broken on anything non-patchwerk.
    They are and still will be viable (unless they received a nerf, which would be stupid).

Affli should stays ahead in any fight with dying adds and 2 boss fights.
    For single target fight, the more movement the best Affli is gonna be but it will stay behind demo and Destru.

I hope I'm gonna loot some nice titan forged relic for my affli so i switch spec ...

There was a decent bit of split 2 target in this raid when I did it on the PTR, will see how that pans out.

Sims this early are completely worthless for gauging anything because tuning hasn't happened and patchwerk is completely unrealistic for evaluating spec performance in modern raids. Not to mention sim inaccuracies.

Play what makes you happy, that's what I'm doing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    I'll still stick with destro it's the only spec I find fun. I switched to affy at the end of NH and actually enjoyed the turret spec. I switched mid tos for a spell but I really dislike the multi dot playstlye so i switched back, it's weird because in PvP I love dotting it's fun to me against other players.

I just don't want another tier where affliction is either as good as or a hell of a lot better at every fight. The competitive side of me hates that o beat our aff lock on the st fights but as soon as there is more than 1 he's just in another ball park unless I switch specs

I would like some other spec to be really viable other than Affliction. I like all 3 Lock specs. (Well, not so much Demo this xpac - but that has more to do with them gutting the spec and sending it to DH and Priests).
    I don't mind Affliction. It's fun for me. I like how you can really change talents per fight or in different Mythic+ affixes. It has some depth. However, after 9 months of playing it. I'd love to really give Destro a try. This is why, after all, we have 3 specs. So that we have options and we continue doing what we love, and that's DPS.
    But I suspect what happens is kinda what Ion says. After they tune the specs, if they're relatively close, they won't take another pass at 'em again because then once they tune a spec x% more, then everyone will just switch to that spec. I think ultimately it comes down to resources. After they get classes and specs in a relatively good space, they have to move developers over to other content. Anyone who works in IT probably knows this. But it does suck for players. It often seems like the disparity between the rich (the OP) and the not-so-rich (under performing) is a lot bigger then they say.

Deleted
    Affliction still looks too strong in relation to destro. It's on par st and 2 target then it's better 3, 4 and aoe by a fair wack.

It's as good at everything or flat out better bar burst which destro isn't even that strong at

It just seems to be good at everything still

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like people are sleeping on destro, sims aside. A lot of these fights seem tailor made for it's tool-kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I feel like people are sleeping on destro, sims aside. A lot of these fights seem tailor made for it's tool-kit.
    There's a lot of fights where I feel like destro should be doing good but it just isn't strong enough to.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    There's a lot of fights where I feel like destro should be doing good but it just isn't strong enough to.
    It does pretty well on a particular phase of Argus.

Deleted
    St doesn't seem too bad across the board, the only 1 stuck out was the warrior

I felt strong on coven, hounds I felt should be better, but my aoe feels weak to everyone else's, but it's not been mass aoe on the bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I was surprised to see Destro rank so low overall on Hounds and Coven when looking at just raw numbers. Should kind of be our niche, right? (obviously the real niche is focused 2-target, but that's hard to see from just glancing at overall statistics)

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    I was surprised to see Destro rank so low overall on Hounds and Coven when looking at just raw numbers. Should kind of be our niche, right? (obviously the real niche is focused 2-target, but that's hard to see from just glancing at overall statistics)
    If the targets were stacked supposedly Destro would be stronger.