Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You’ll have Vanilla for that. Leave retail alone.
    ... yeah that's totally logical.

I want leveling to not be faceroll = I want shit class designs and horrid balance. Totally, nice jump you made there. Get out.

People who enjoy leveling play retail too, you know. If you want to skip it, feel free, you have the option. This should have never been possible in the first place, under no circumstances should we be able to 3 hit kill equal level mobs while NAKED, with no weapons, let alone in normal leveling gear (it could be argued for with heirlooms, however, for those of you who just want to rush through it).
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-01 at 04:13 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    ... yeah that's totally logical.

I want leveling to not be faceroll = I want shit class designs and horrid balance. Totally, nice jump you made there. Get out.

people who enjoy leveling play retail too, you know. If you want to skip it, feel free, you have the option. This should have never been possible in the first place, under no circumstances should we be able to 3 hit kill equal level mobs while NAKED, with no weapons, let alone in normal leveling gear (it could be argued for with heirlooms, however, for those of you who just want to rush through it).
    There’s a big leap between one shotting mobs and making levelling take longer by increasing the exp required and having mobs hit trucks and take a hit like a tank.

People are dying in the DEADMINES for fucksake. An entry level dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like they did all the way up until the WoD stat squish fucked up the scaling... That's what it was meant to be, they just overshot the mark in WoD and had more important things to do than fixing it at the time.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Just like they did all the way up until the WoD stat squish fucked up the scaling... That's what it was meant to be, they just overshot the mark in WoD and had more important things to do than fixing it at the time.
    When did people ever die in deadmines pre WoD? I never had any issues in it from Cata until today.

Levelling won't be made harder. That's the not the point of it.

Mob damage/health will be squished further (or players buffed). I have no doubt about that. This is just the first pass.

Would be nice if they kept it this way. Most likely they just turned the dial up to see what happens. Just like the last squish numbers are going to be tuned.

There’s a big leap between one shotting mobs and making levelling take longer by increasing the exp required and having mobs hit trucks and take a hit like a tank.

That's a good thing, people SHOULD be dying in entry level content so they can LEARN the game. You know, get better and understand how it works from the start.... Wow dude.. Just wow lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsBeard View Post
    That's a good thing, people SHOULD be dying in entry level content so they can LEARN the game. You know, get better and understand how it works from the start.... Wow dude.. Just wow lol
    Exactly. Content shouldn't only get even remotely challenging when you hit max level. Teach people the game while they level, that's the point of leveling.

Soon as I get out of this raid tonight I'm gonna go get on the PTR and test this myself, and then give my feedback on the PTR forums, which will most likely be praise based on what I know so far.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-01 at 04:26 AM.

Exactly. Content shouldn't only get even remotely challenging when you hit max level. Teach people the game while they level, that's the point of leveling.
    You've gotta repeat those pyroblast fishing combos a few million times before you get really good at it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    You've gotta repeat those pyroblast fishing combos a few million times before you get really good at it, right?
    If you think rotation is the only thing you can learn while leveling you fail to even understand basic mechanics of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is about teaching players how to do mechanics and reinforcing that behavior, so that when they hit cap they are less likely to be completely useless.

This is about teaching players how to do mechanics and reinforcing that behavior, so that when they hit cap they are less likely to be completely useless.
    What percentage of players participate in challenging content when they reach the cap?

If you want levelling to be long and tedious, good for you. Those mechanisms already exist in game. Simply turn off your XP gains, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    What percentage of players participate in challenging content when they reach the cap?

If you want levelling to be long and tedious, good for you. Those mechanisms already exist in game. Simply turn off your XP gains, problem solved.
    https://gfycat.com/BlankDifficultFeline

no they don't.

Also, reasonable time taken and difficulty are not mutually exclusive, why do you people always assume they are? They can easily make it more difficult and still go quickly.

Well fuck. I really don’t like the sound of this then.
    You can't be fucking serious? Tell me you can't be lol. You simply aren't hahaha.

Okay, so when did we get to the point of whining that things are not faceroll anymore??? Today I logged on the PTR on a level 36 warrior character to check how the new level scaling has affect the world. I fought a level 35 raptor which had about as much HP as my character did and it took me 4-5 abilities to kill it. And then I realized how much HP it had. And I thought "HOLY SHIT, FINALLYYYYYY!!!" No, seriously, did you really enjoy one-shotting same-level mobs? Are you that busy? Why do you play an MMORPG at all if you enjoy one-shotting same-level mobs with green gear? Where is the "glory" in that? And raids and dungeons... have you tried soloing one on a level 110 character recently? A fresh 110 character can one-shot bosses up to Cata (25M HC). A mythic-geared 110 character can probably one-shot MoP 25M HC raid bosses... Or atleast kill them in a few seconds. For WoD you might want 1-2 friends with you if you are a Rogue or some other class without much sustainability... And I get it, it is all content, it is not meant to be a challenge. But why the hell would you whine about not being able to one-shot them at level 110??????????? I can't wrap my head around it. First off, you completely forget that level 120 will provide us with yet another huge stat boost. You also forget that Blizzard has yet to amplify the damage modificator (like the one in WoD which boosted your damage by a few hundred percent against lower level mobs). At max level in the new expansion, you won't have any trouble soloing old content, as always. And even if you aren't able to one-shot stuff and it takes a few seconds to kill those bosses, I don't see the problem. If you really get that troubled by it, change the game.

I sincerely sincerely hope they do not nerf mobs again. I really hope that even if we wear heirlooms we can still enjoy some meaningful leveling progression 1-120. Leveling fast is one thing, facerolling same-level content a completely different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    They had the same issues with the last stat squish. And that was without implementing scaling on old content. It'll get balanced out. Hell, it's Blizzard. It will end up easier than it was originally.
    THIS is what worries me.

- - - Updated - - -

When did people ever die in deadmines pre WoD? I never had any issues in it from Cata until today.
    Imagine, there was a period in this game when Cata did not exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsBeard View Post
    If you think rotation is the only thing you can learn while leveling you fail to even understand basic mechanics of this game.
    What else do you learn then? Silencing/countering, not standing in bad shit, dealing with the massively signalled attack or weakness and er...,
    well, got me.

Lots of people try jumping right into doing challenging content when they first reach level cap. Because completing challenging content feels rewarding.

Which is why it's so important to learn how to handle challenging content early on before you run into people that treat you like trash because you didn't know or understand what any of the mechanics are. Leveling should be challenging and it should take a little bit of time. I agree that you shouldn't have to take 6 months to level but, you need time during that leveling to learn and understand. Making it even more important for that time to be challenging and rewarding.

Challenging and rewarding are not what you get in current live leveling.

What else do you learn then? Silencing/countering, not standing in bad shit, dealing with the massively signalled attack or weakness and er...,
    well, got me.
    All things that take time to learn and understand clearly. These are things that people should know before they even reach level cap. Things that should be learned while leveling.

https://gfycat.com/BlankDifficultFeline

no they don't.

Also, reasonable time taken and difficulty are not mutually exclusive, why do you people always assume they are? They can easily make it more difficult and still go quickly.
    'Reasonable time taken' is rather difficult to define, isn't it? Diverse playerbase out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Reasonable time taken' is rather difficult to define, isn't it? Diverse playerbase out there.
    Same amount of time it takes now sound good to you?

It's simple really, if they increase the difficulty of a mob by 3x, increase the XP reward for killing it by an equal amount.

Does this mean all the L20-50 vanilla greens that are popular with transmogs will shoot up in price as their supply drops as they only drop if your character was at the appropriate level 20-50? That may explain why I see some people been buying up all the vanilla greens armor that make good transmogs.

I have tested some MoP raids, they are taking about 3-5x longer to do compared to live. Will test warlords ones later, they will probably be really difficult though.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.