Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    How did you find room for those void addicts?
    void elves?? shendrelar?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    wait what?

Actually, I don't think they mind the Forsaken either. They were the ones that convinced Thrall to let them in the Horde. Tauren love everyone.
    As a member of the Horde, you start as "Friendly" with most of the other races of the Horde. Forsaken and Belves start as "Neutral" with the Tauren and have to earn Friendly reputation with them.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    As a member of the Horde, you start as "Friendly" with most of the other races of the Horde. Forsaken and Belves start as "Neutral" with the Tauren and have to earn Friendly reputation with them.
    Sure, but that doesn't mean the Tauren dislike those races. Just that they don't know each other very well. Besides, it's more of a gameplay thing anyways, and an outdated one at that.

I must admit, when I first learned of the Horde, I was skeptical that we would share common ground.
    I thought our kin from Kalimdor would make obvious allies. But their arrogance and mistrust soon proved otherwise.
    Arcanist Thalyssra. I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande... the next Azshara?
    We do not intend to be slaves to the Nightwell. We seek to drive the Legion from Suramar and put an end to Elisande's oppression.
    The kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that... we shall see where Elune's wisdom guides us.
    It would seem "Elune's wisdom" guided her away from the bond we once shared. So be it.
    The sin'dorei are also scorned by Tyrande and her prideful lot. Yet for many ages her people slept in dens or hid in trees while my people fought to save this world.
    The Alliance feels too walled off... too cloistered. My people will never endure such stagnation again.

Damn you blizz!

Given the structure of the conversation, I imagine Thalyssra will be piping in over showing us a memory of her and Tyrande interacting unfavorably.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this confuses the shit out of me.

I thought there would be a further reason for the Shal'dorei to join the Horde. But the events of Legion are the totality of it? That's lame.

Like... I get Thalyssra's reasoning, here. I just think it's weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    It is clearly mentioned in chronicles that Nightborne (or highborne at that time) decided not to help the rebellion marching to Zin-Azshari, instead they decided to create the shield to save their own selves. And the lore is so simple, yet people cannot read some part of it.

The Alliance helped them as much as the Horde did. If they like the Blood Elves that is fine but that doesn't mean that they should kill the other for it.

- - - Updated - - -

new datamined broadcast text:

Conversation between Liadrin and First Arcanist
    Greetings, Lady Liadrin, $p. Welcome back to Suramar. I am pleased to receive you under more pleasant circumstances.
    It is good to see your city free, First Arcanist.
    For that, we owe you both a great debt. You proved instrumental to our cause.
    The Horde was proud to fight by your side against the Burning Legion, my lady.
    I must admit, when I first learned of the Horde, I was skeptical that we would share common ground.
    I thought our kin from Kalimdor would make obvious allies. But their arrogance and mistrust soon proved otherwise.
    Arcanist Thalyssra. I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande... the next Azshara?
    We do not intend to be slaves to the Nightwell. We seek to drive the Legion from Suramar and put an end to Elisande's oppression.
    The kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that... we shall see where Elune's wisdom guides us.
    It would seem "Elune's wisdom" guided her away from the bond we once shared. So be it.
    The sin'dorei are also scorned by Tyrande and her prideful lot. Yet for many ages her people slept in dens or hid in trees while my people fought to save this world.
    The Alliance feels too walled off... too cloistered. My people will never endure such stagnation again.
    That is why I am grateful for your invitation to Silvermoon. I would like to inquire whether there could be a place for the nightborne in your Horde.
    I am sure the regent lord will be pleased to learn of your interest. Are you ready to depart?
    It would be an honor, Lady Liadrin. Oculeth has the coordinates to your capital. I will gather Silgryn and Valtrois, and meet you in Silvermoon.
    About what I expected, no actual reason at all. Just "the Alliance are kinda cold so we're going to join a faction we know nothing about."

Also lol @ Blood Elves making comments about the Night Elves being lazy when it comes to fighting as if the War of the Ancients and Hyjal never happened. When did the Sin'dorei fight to save the world, again? When they defended their own lands from invasion by the scourge?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    About what I expected, no actual reason at all. Just "the Alliance are kinda cold so we're going to join a faction we know nothing about."

Also lol @ Blood Elves making comments about the Night Elves being lazy when it comes to fighting as if the War of the Ancients and Hyjal never happened. When did the Sin'dorei fight to save the world, again? When they defended their own lands from invasion by the scourge?
    They tried to help the Alliance fend them off in the third war, then Garithos happened and that pretty much made them close off to the entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Honestly, this confuses the shit out of me.

I thought there would be a further reason for the Shal'dorei to join the Horde. But the events of Legion are the totality of it? That's lame.

Like... I get Thalyssra's reasoning, here. I just think it's weak.
    Yes its weak. I actually expected more. The Void Elf one seems alot better.

Zero points for me this discussion

If it wasn't for the awesome models I wouldn't go Nightborne. Not the Thalryssa I did those quests for. She is no different than Tyrande now really.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-12-01 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And the Alliance lost the High/Blood Elves because Garithos was a dick. I sense a pattern...
    Velen helped cleanse the Sunwell, and the Alliance + Tyrande helped liberate Suramar and the Nightborne with their addiction to the Nightwell.

Ungrateful crackelves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    They tried to help the Alliance fend them off in the third war, then Garithos happened and that pretty much made them close off to the entire world.
    They were also a part of the Alliance since WC2. They just weren't called "Blood" elves at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    So: very little. One small group of Blood Elves helped out the Alliance once. While the Night Elves fought the War of the Ancients, the War of the Shifting Sands, defended Hyjal, and pushed back the Nightmare.

"her people slept in dens or hid in trees while my people fought to save this world" indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    That and Silgryn got the hots for Lady Liadrin.

Pretty much sealed the deal.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

When they were used as canon fodder for sorties against scourge forces to the point of being regarded as useless for anything else... this under the command of Alliance forces...

They still have a chip on their shoulder over being thrown away in pointless fights just so some other alliance forces didn't have to get risked while getting canned for not winding up dead attempting to complete suicide missions.

Now many of the comments about night elves being lazy... well the biggest hero of the nightelves is known for sleeping for millenia on end to only wake up for a few minutes to sweet talk his lover... and then go back to sleep or do whatever for another millenia.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    When they were used as canon fodder for sorties against scourge forces to the point of being regarded as useless for anything else... this under the command of Alliance forces...

They still have a chip on their shoulder over being thrown away in pointless fights just so some other alliance forces didn't have to get risked while getting canned for not winding up dead attempting to complete suicide missions.

Now many of the comments about night elves being lazy... well the biggest hero of the nightelves is known for sleeping for millenia on end to only wake up for a few minutes to sweet talk his lover... and then go back to sleep or do whatever for another millenia.
    While the rest of the entire race was fighting non-stop wars against the biggest threats to the planet. It is a dumb comment and hilarious when the conversation is about Night Elves being the arrogant ones and putting up walls. You know, right after or before Alleria was just exiled from her home land for being void empowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    War of the Ancients, Battle of mount Hyjal, War of the Nightmare ... Liadrin is simply lying to have the attention of them. She even lies about Tyrande scorning them while Tyrande helped them back in Warcraft 3.

And Thalyssra is worse. She says that Elune guided Tyrande away from the bond we once shared. So be it. When they abandoned them in WotA, they didn't break the bond and now Tyrande did? She expects the Night Elves to beg them to accept them lmao. And she doesn't want the Alliance because they are religious and Nightborne cannot endure such slacks.

She wants the Nightborne to have a place in the world and now she joins the Horde in the conquest to expand the Shaldorei territory. Nightborne are still selfish and arrogant bastards like before.

When our city faced its darkest hour, the heroes of Azeroth fought with us to drive out the Legion. Some did so reluctantly.

Night Elves helped us reluctantly so now we are going to side with Horde and kill them.
    The whole thing is stupid. But about exactly what I expected when I saw Nightborne labled Horde when the races were first datamined. A complete mess that wasn't thought out at all.

It's a shame, since it'd be so easy to just have former duskwatch members exiled from Suramar seek asylum in Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm awake, I'm awake..

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Unless you are a Human, Alliance really doesn't care about you.
    Slightly off topic, but, playing both factions myself, honestly, the Horde has a much tighter sense of unity, brought together by hardship, etc, etc. (though they're definitely more fractured in recent history than in the past).. whereas the Alliance is pretty much simply an Alliance against the Horde. That's pretty much their sole unifying thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves don't like the High Elves and Blood Elves because of their rampant abuse of magic. The later two exist because Night Elves told them to leave, having outlawed magic by threat of death, because of Azshara's tom-foolery with magic. Tyrande wasn't necessarily wrong by calling Thalyssra another Azshara. For all Tyrande and the Nelves know, the Nightborne are just as power hungry as the rest of the highborne who ended up a the bottom of the sea.

The Nightborne are basically the High/Blood Elves before they were exiled, they're almost culturally the same, that is why they joined the Belfs.

High Elves may have wanted others like them in the Alliance, but lets face it, who has more diplomatic pull? The 30k+ Night Elves or 50-or-so High Elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Night Elves don't like the High Elves and Blood Elves because of their rampant abuse of magic. The later two exist because Night Elves told them to leave, having outlawed magic by threat of death, because of Azshara's tom-foolery with magic. Tyrande wasn't necessarily wrong by calling Thalyssra another Azshara. For all Tyrande and the Nelves know, the Nightborne are just as power hungry as the rest of the highborne who ended up a the bottom of the sea.

The Nightborne are basically the High/Blood Elves before they were exiled, they're almost culturally the same, that is why they joined the Belfs.

High Elves may have wanted others like them in the Alliance, but lets face it, who has more diplomatic pull? The 30k+ Night Elves or 50-or-so High Elves?
    The Night Elves have already accepted the Highborne back into their society.

10+ Year Old Account

The blood elves didn't exist when the War of the Ancients was happening, firstly, because their factions were the same. The Night Elves because High Elves and then Blood Elves after the War of the Ancients, some Blood Elves may have even been there.

Secondly, Hyjal? The High Elves were literally there in WCIII as part of the Alliance, are you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

The Night Elves have already accepted the Highborne back into their society.
    Which are not addicted to anything and, being from Feralas, at least mostly the same culturally.