Poll: Will you get a Authenticator key for only 4 additional bag slots?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this is just an observation

with having the big 30 slot bags on all my high level chars and having vendor mounts and jeeves I don't really care much about 4 bag slots. If they turned my backpack into a 30 form 16 that's one thing but 4 slots really makes no difference at this point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The same could be said about the browser you're using right now.

So unless you go live in a cave without any electronic device, it's not a valid excuse not to get a silly app on your phone...
    That silly app is tied to advertisement, and who knows whatnot. They simply blackmail you. If you want 4 bagslots, do this stuff, or else you will lack behind your friends who got the bagslots. Conformity, and psychology has also much to do here. You just can't see the bigger picture, your education system and media makes you believe, that exposing every single piece of your private life is actually a good thing.

We are all in the trap already, by carrying these traceable mobile devices with us all the time. We are all fooled: do you want to communicate, exchange information? Ok, Big Brother allows you to do it, but only if I can keep my eyes on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And now we have reached the root of your issue, You just don't want to do it and expect it to be handled to you. That's all you had to say we didn't need the conspiracy theory rant.
    That's not true. I don't want it, not by this kind of condition. In-game, you just go to the AH and buy a bigger bag for gold to increase your bagslots. This has nothing to do with irl. You get your gold in-game, you spend it there. However tying irl stuff to in-game stuff is not clean, it stinks. Meanwhile shop mounts and pets are only vanity items, bagslots actually save you time. This is the difference that you are not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So as the PTR is just up, and so far if you have a Authenticator you get 4 slots for your backpack. What are your feeling on this. Will you get a Authenticator for this? Will you let the optional 4 slots go through if you have one/get one? What size were you looking for?

Poll inc.
    I don't need a candy to take the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    That silly app is tied to advertisement, and who knows whatnot. They simply blackmail you. If you want 4 bagslots, do this stuff, or else you will lack behind your friends who got the bagslots. Conformity, and psychology has also much to do here. You just can't see the bigger picture, your education system and media makes you believe, that exposing every single piece of your private life is actually a good thing.

We are all in the trap already, by carrying these traceable mobile devices with us all the time. We are all fooled: do you want to communicate, exchange information? Ok, Big Brother allows you to do it, but only if I can keep my eyes on you.
    If you're too worried about a free app made by a gaming company, I can't understand how you risk your privacy by posting in a forum. Each of your posts is more likely to get some information about you stolen than that app. There are programs that can track people online by the words they use.

The Big Brother already knows everything there is to know about you (you aren't that interesting), get the bloody authenticator and stop making up excuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I'm completely with you that most people don't give a rats ass about there privacy and private info. There is a fine line between being cautious and being paranoid though. Going by your comments I assume you don't have a smartphone, good for you probably the best option if you are attached to any semblance of privacy.
    It's just to convenient for me to loose. But even when using a smartphone there are plenty of options to make it safe(r).
    not using the bnet app is one of em I suppose. But why not use the hardware version then? It's not even the cost of one month's worth of WoW, trying to keep your privacy comes at a cost, with this one it's money. Other times it something else like convenience or social.
    I have a smartphone, I just actually use it as a "phone", calling ppl with it. And sometimes I use the wifi for weather informations, news. I don't have mobile internet, I don't need it, and I listen to music as mp3-s on my memory card.

And I consider myself cautious, not paranoid, because I don't ignore technology and I don't have an underground bunker at my backyard. I just don't like that most of ppl can be fooled so easily, and they just completely give up their private life.

This is the difference that you are not aware of.
    I am quite aware of the difference.

The thing is I am not a conspiracy theory nut and I really don't care. I have had the physical Authenticator since release. I gave no fuck's about the main bag's space size and hell I was using the same bags I had in wrath up to WOD.

Between having a vendor bot and mounts with vendors the increase in bag space was never really needed. This is just a added bonus on top of something EVERYONE should already have.

You bitch and moan about big bad 3rd party's coming to take your info. While you sit on the internet and I bet you have logged into your bank account on the internet as well.

Don't want the authenticator fine, but keep the conspiracy theory shit to reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

And I consider myself cautious, not paranoid,
    You can consider a apple is a tomato cause its red but its still a apple.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-12-01 at 10:50 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Call me naive, but to me it's the complete opposite. They are desperately trying to convince people to secure their accounts. When first released there was no core hound pup tie-in. The added it to boost the use of the authenticator. Now they try it with free bagspace.

"Here use this, it will help you keep your stuff safe"
    "Nah, I'm good"
    "Are you sure, your stuff might get stolen? Here, we will include a free toy"
    "Nope, still good"
    "Are you really, really sure? We deal with lot's of people who lose their stuff without this every year. We will even throw in a free bag on top of the toy"

The only secondary motive I can think of is that they are sick and tired of having to help people who got that accounts stolen because they refuse an extra layer of security.

Gotta be honest. To anybody saying NO and NO. You're kind of a moron. Everyone always comes round when their shit gets hacked and it could've been avoided by just having an authenticator...

Quite frankly anybody that doesn't have it set up at this point probably has gone to extensive lengths to avoid it... for reasons. Based off this thread, moronic reasons of the tinfoil hat variety.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

The only secondary motive I can think of is that they are sick and tired of having to help people who got that accounts stolen because they refuse an extra layer of security.
    Yep more people that protect there account less time/money blizzard has to spend because of accounts getting stolen. Its a Win/Win really.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I am quite aware of the difference.

The thing is I am not a conspiracy theory nut and I really don't care. I have had the physical Authenticator since. I gave no fuck's about the main bag's space size and hell I was using the same bags I had in wrath up to WOD.

Between having a vendor bot and mounts with vendors the increase in bag space was never really needed. This is just a added bonus on top of something EVERYONE should already have.

You bitch and moan about big bad 3rd party's coming to take your info. While you sit on the internet and I bet you have logged into your bank account on the internet as well.

Don't want the authenticator fine, but keep the conspiracy theory shit to reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

You can consider a apple is a tomato its still a apple.
    So, you have a physical authenticator and you feel safe, because of it. I don't have it, only the email, and you think I'm the paranoid? I go even further: how become the account safety so important for so many ppl, all of the sudden, by installing the authenticator to their phones now? Who is the paranoid?

The thing should work like this: you get the authenticator, and you get something extra for it - and you purchase/install (it's free, I know) it for the safety in the first place. Instead the company creates a need (4 bag slots), that is tied to an unpopular stuff, to make it more popular. That's the propaganda at it's best.

Call me naive, but to me it's the complete opposite. They are desperately trying to convince people to secure their accounts. When first released there was no core hound pup tie-in. The added it to boost the use of the authenticator. Now they try it with free bagspace.

"Here use this, it will help you keep your stuff safe"
    "Nah, I'm good"
    "Are you sure, your stuff might get stolen? Here, we will include a free toy"
    "Nope, still good"
    "Are you really, really sure? We deal with lot's of people who lose their stuff without this every year. We will even throw in a free bag on top of the toy"

I'm sure they have an estimate of how much money it costs them every month. Even with the automated recovery tools.

The thing should work like this: you get the authenticator, and you get something extra for it - and you purchase/install (it's free, I know) it for the safety in the first place. Instead the company creates a need (4 bag slots), that is tied to an unpopular stuff, to make it more popular. That's the propaganda at it's best.
    So unpopular most players already have it...

Unless, of course, the Big Brother is making up the numbers in this poll, and the amount of people who have the core hound pet on the armory.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-12-01 at 10:58 AM.

So, you have a physical authenticator and you feel safe, because of it. I don't have it, only the email, and you think I'm the paranoid? I go even further: how become the account safety so important for so many ppl, all of the sudden, by installing the authenticator to their phones now? Who is the paranoid?

Wanting to protect your info better isn't being paranoid its using common sense. Wanting to avoid the most basic of features that let you protect your account/info because the boogieman mite get you is you being paranoid.

Now you calling others paranoid while spewing a conspiracy theory and accusing blizzard of propaganda.

That is the 3 signs of someone being a conspiracy theory nutjob.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Even just once every now and then is too much. I don't want or need an extra layer of security. I didn't know they did the same thing with a pet and then remove it. Was that back when you had to actually purchase the authenticator? In any case I doubt they would mail me back the stuff if I disable it, but we will see.
    With the mobile app you don’t have to type in a code. It just sends you a notification and you open app and click approve

And that only happens when you use a new device, like when I got a new PC
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted

Not calling you paranoid btw, you seem to be on the right side of the privacy issue. Those people are rare enough.
    I disagree with the propaganda bit though, bag space is not such a big deal anymore and apparently the have to convince people to secure their accounts somehow.
    Imo 2 factor authentication should be the default for pretty much all online services. I don't care how, just do it and make it mandatory.

Looking at the poll I would say it is tied to popular stuff. How do you determine it is unpopular.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    you mean the game where the basegame comes with like 4 bagslots and the rest is micropayment? yeah......
    The money I spend on WoW subscription still exceeds those unlocks. Different business models is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Looking at the poll I would say it is tied to popular stuff. How do you determine it is unpopular.
    skewere poll tbh. There wasn't an option for "I want an authenticator because I want to keep my account safe". I care very little for the 4 slots tbh. Nice bonus, but could live without.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who really doesn't have an authenticator at this point anyway lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    We're talking 4 additional slots for items or 4 additional bags?

Because if the former.. Bummer. That's almost nothing. I shall continue to avoid the hassle of an authenticator. Granted it is now only an occasional hassle compared to before where you had to dig it up every_single_time you logged in like if you were going to run bank errands, but a hassle nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Who really doesn't have an authenticator at this point anyway lol
    I don't. I'm too lazy to bother with it. But I recognise it as good sense and don't bash people for it.