Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Void Elves and Demon Hunters

So I sorta understand why Blizzard wouldn't open up a new race/subrace that can use DH, but lorewise why wouldn't it make sense?

If void elves are blood elf defectors of Silvermoon, would one not assume that some of these might be Illidari Blood elves? I know we are not currently affiliated with our old races moreso just the illidari, but now with the legion war being over wouldn't it be safe to say blood elf and night elf demon hunters would return to their kin?

Well, here's to void elf monk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Night elf DHs are not pretty enough for you? Poor baby.

Deleted
    The problem with DH is their starting zone being placed in time during TBC. So new DH race should:
    - exist in TBC timeline.
    - serve for Illidan on Outland.

So that's open option only for Night Elves, Blood Elves, Naga and Broken Draenei. Of course it MAY be any race that served Inllidan then and we don't know about them. But for sure it can't be Void Elves and Nighborne.

Besides the opening story I would see no problem to some other races be able to be trained as DH, like Draenei or Orc who both would fit a fantasy here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    So I sorta understand why Blizzard wouldn't open up a new race/subrace that can use DH, but lorewise why wouldn't it make sense?

If void elves are blood elf defectors of Silvermoon, would one not assume that some of these might be Illidari Blood elves? I know we are not currently affiliated with our old races moreso just the illidari, but now with the legion war being over wouldn't it be safe to say blood elf and night elf demon hunters would return to their kin?

Well, here's to void elf monk!
    I can more believe void elf monk but even there, you're fueled by chaotic energy, I can't see you being balanced. As with Demon Hunter, I am PRETTY sure Void and Fel don't mix - but then again, Warlock ruins it a little. But, a void elf, you infuse with void and with demon hunter you infuse with fel.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    If you make a DH you see that there story begins in TBC time (no void elfs back then)

The only races that would make sense are Illidari members from TBC time.
    That means: Naga, Broken and Fel Orcs are possible future options for the demonhunter class unless they make the starting experience different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can more believe void elf monk but even there, you're fueled by chaotic energy, I can't see you being balanced. As with Demon Hunter, I am PRETTY sure Void and Fel don't mix - but then again, Warlock ruins it a little. But, a void elf, you infuse with void and with demon hunter you infuse with fel.
    Surely someone who has experience infusing power into their bodies would make for a good student when alleria is training new void elves.

Also, good points were brought up about demon hunters cant be void elves because they start in TBC timeline but NO. Void elves are post-legion, so being that demon hunters were around to help fight the legion, they most certainly could be recruited to defect from the horde and learn void powers could they not?

The only problem I see, is that demon hunters in their current state are not build to lvl from 20. So with subraces starting at 20, blizzard doesn't want to re-create what levels/how demon hunters gain most of their abilities to tailor it to starting at 20 rather than 98...and thats just lazy.

You guys are looking at it wrong...its not void elves learning to be Demon Hunters (which would put them in TBC) its demon hunters learning to be void elves.
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2017-12-01 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    If you make a DH you see that there story begins in TBC time (no void elfs back then)

The only races that would make sense are Illidari members from TBC time.
    That means: Naga, Broken and Fel Orcs are possible future options for the demonhunter class unless they make the starting experience different.
    This. It doesn't make an lore sense what so ever. Unless they invent that some lore saying Illidan's BE played with Void magic while under his tutelage and are effectively a second group of Void Elvers who later join up with the rest. But given that Void Elves are already an ass pull might not what to do that twice for the same race.

If Broken are ever added hope they'd be able to be Demon Hunter, that at-least makes some sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to that couldn't we potentially have Nightborne Demon Hunters because the Felborne are a thing?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

It would've only made sense if you had current Blood Elf DHs turn into them, and there's no real system in the game to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    This. It doesn't make an lore sense what so ever. Unless they invent that some lore saying Illidan's BE played with Void magic while under his tutelage and are effectively a second group of Void Elvers who later join up with the rest. But given that Void Elves are already an ass pull might not what to do that twice for the same race.

If Broken are ever added hope they'd be able to be Demon Hunter, that at-least makes some sense.
    Buddy, its post-legion. We are talking about demon hunters learning to become void elves here, not void elves learning to become demon hunters. The demon hunter lore is very well in place by legion, void elves are post-legion.

Why does no one else understand that or read it when ive posted it twice now.

Its just because demon hunters are built to lvl from 98, not 20, and blizz wont make a second leveling experience for the class starting at lvl 20 because well, they just dont want to I guess. But if they stated they considering making DK playable for dark iron, theyd have to make a second leveling experience for DK from lvl 20 as well, so I dont know why they wouldn't be able to for DH as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    In addition to that couldn't we potentially have Nightborne Demon Hunters because the Felborne are a thing?
    No DH start their plotline in TBC 10 years before Summar is open to the world at large. Doesn't make sense

- - - Updated - - -

Buddy, its post-legion. We are talking about demon hunters learning to become void elves here, not void elves learning to become demon hunters. The demon hunter lore is very well in place by legion, void elves are post-legion.

Its just because demon hunters are built to lvl from 98, not 20, and blizz wont make a second leveling experience for the class starting at lvl 20 because well, they just dont want to I guess.
    Demon Hunters. The Class. START IN THE BURNING CRUSADE. When Void Elves don't exist. Doesn't matter the race. Void Elf Demon Hunter will not be given their own starting zone or be allowed to start at level 20. When i make a Death Knight I'm still in Wrath of the Lich King time period.

Hero Classes have their own starting zones not based on race.

Deleted
    Its just because demon hunters are built to lvl from 98, not 20, and blizz wont make a second leveling experience for the class starting at lvl 20 because well, they just dont want to I guess. But if they stated they considering making DK playable for dark iron, theyd have to make a second leveling experience for DK from lvl 20 as well, so I dont know why they wouldn't be able to for DH as well.
    hmm, wonder if DeathKnight makes sense for Dark iron dwarfs since Arthas never got far south.

But if they do it then i am pretty sure they just start at level 58. (the class is just not designed for level 20)
    The question is will they be able to unlock the racial gear sets.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-12-01 at 02:18 PM.

They already underwent the ritual to bind the demon to them, so they have a eject demon button to fill up with void? It's just silly what you are proposing.

Deleted
    Dark Iron could easily be Death Knights during Wrath and therefore start in the same starting zone as everyone else (see Goblins and Worgen). They lived in the Eastern Kingdoms during the Third War and after so easy for them to be killed and raised back to life. Just make some lore about why they'd side with the Alliance before Cataclysm and jobs done.

Deleted
    Dark Iron could easily be Death Knights during Wrath and therefore start in the same starting zone as everyone else (see Goblins and Worgen). They lived in the Eastern Kingdoms during the Third War and after so easy for them to be killed and raised back to life. Just make some lore about why they'd side with the Alliance before Cataclysm and jobs done.
    Eastern Kingdom is big, very big.
    They are in blackrock mountain, and btw back in that time where enemies of the Alliance.
    So why would a Dark Iron Dwarf just wander around in lordaeron a hostile zone for them back then.

So why Arthas would encounter them is pretty far away.

Was it stated anywhere that fel power and void power can not coexist inside an individual?

10+ Year Old Account
    No DH start their plotline in TBC 10 years before Summar is open to the world at large. Doesn't make sense

- - - Updated - - -

Demon Hunters. The Class. START IN THE BURNING CRUSADE. When Void Elves don't exist. Doesn't matter the race. Void Elf Demon Hunter will not be given their own starting zone or be allowed to start at level 20. When i make a Death Knight I'm still in Wrath of the Lich King time period.

Correction: The Night Elf and Blood Elf Demon Hunters we play started in The Burning Crusade. There are Demon Hunters that predate the TBC ones as we have encountered a few of them in quests. As for Void Elf DHs, there is nothing that says a Blood Elf DH investigating the Blood Elves messing with the void can't end up accidentally becoming a Void Elf themselves (and unlocked as a hero class option starting at 110 after a player has leveled a Void Elf to 110) and the Felbourne as Fel-infused Nightborne only require Demon Hunter training to become one (and unlocked as a hero class option starting at 110 after a player has leveled a Nightborne to 110) and considering there's apparently another major year jump between Legion and Battle for Azeroth it would definitely be possible for the Demon Hunters to recruit and train some.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

All current blood elves spawn in Eversong Woods, a zone that is still in TBC-time. So all Belves of all classes start in the "wrong era". But as explained this would be "new era" elves anyway so there is really no issue with the timeline.

Don't really see the issue in making Void Elf Demon Hunters skip the intro zone as well and just spawn in Orgrimmar at whatever level.

The reason I see why they don't is because it would let Alliance have two DH races while the Horde only has one and balancing that out in some way makes little sense in lore.

They are in blackrock mountain, and btw back in that time where enemies of the Alliance.
    So why would a Dark Iron Dwarf just wander around in lordaeron a hostile zone for them back then.

Maybe they were part of the forces in the wetlands that strayed too far north and got picked off by scourge. If they add DK Dark Irons they'll have some handwave explanation there just like for when they made up reasons for worgen and goblins despite worgen not being part of the Alliance (or considered anything more than feral beasts) at the time, and the goblins not only NOT being part of the Horde at the time but also being from a different cartel than the rest of the goblins in the horde.

Deleted

Unlike Void Elf and Nightborne Demon Hunters Dark Iron at-least existed or where not hidden in the same time period as the Death Knight starting experience.

Simple make up lore an expedition of Dark Iron mercenaries (there been seen to be different factions of Dark Iron) went up North perhaps being paid by an Alliance noble. Got killed brought back and go back to the Alliance. Not a great story but its feasible while the new elves to be Demon Hunters would require time travel.

The main point is using DK Dark Iron to say VE and NB should be DH doesn't work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Correction: The Night Elf and Blood Elf Demon Hunters we play started in The Burning Crusade. There are Demon Hunters that predate the TBC ones as we have encountered a few of them in quests. As for Void Elf DHs, there is nothing that says a Blood Elf DH investigating the Blood Elves messing with the void can't end up accidentally becoming a Void Elf themselves (and unlocked as a hero class option starting at 110 after a player has leveled a Void Elf to 110) and the Felbourne as Fel-infused Nightborne only require Demon Hunter training to become one (and unlocked as a hero class option starting at 110 after a player has leveled a Nightborne to 110) and considering there's apparently another major year jump between Legion and Battle for Azeroth it would definitely be possible for the Demon Hunters to recruit and train some.

If you wanted to skip the starting zone. then its fine. The same is true for all races though.