Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    No DH start their plotline in TBC 10 years before Summar is open to the world at large. Doesn't make sense

- - - Updated - - -

Demon Hunters. The Class. START IN THE BURNING CRUSADE. When Void Elves don't exist. Doesn't matter the race. Void Elf Demon Hunter will not be given their own starting zone or be allowed to start at level 20. When i make a Death Knight I'm still in Wrath of the Lich King time period.

Hero Classes have their own starting zones not based on race.
    DK should be able to be void elf too, just because blizzard has a problem now where old hero class questlines dont fit into new sub races doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. Void elves are new, any blood elf class in existence up through legion should be able to be void elves. The only good argument so far is whether or not void and fel can coexist in one individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    All current blood elves spawn in Eversong Woods, a zone that is still in TBC-time. So all Belves of all classes start in the "wrong era". But as explained this would be "new era" elves anyway so there is really no issue with the timeline.

Don't really see the issue in making Void Elf Demon Hunters skip the intro zone as well and just spawn in Orgrimmar at whatever level.

The reason I see why they don't is because it would let Alliance have two DH races while the Horde only has one and balancing that out in some way makes little sense in lore.
    The BE starting zone isn't an valid argument because Blond Elves were active then. VE and NB weren't active in TBC. The Race is the issue not the class.

But if you skip the starting experience then yeah that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    DK should be able to be void elf too, just because blizzard has a problem now where old hero class questlines dont fit into new sub races doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. Void elves are new, any blood elf class in existence up through legion should be able to be void elves. The only good argument so far is whether or not void and fel can coexist in one individual.
    You can't explain away the DH or the DK starting Zones to make them compatible with the VE, it would have to involve time travel. If you just skip the starting zones then yes i agree it makes sense lorewise etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Maybe they were part of the forces in the wetlands that strayed too far north and got picked off by scourge. If they add DK Dark Irons they'll have some handwave explanation there just like for when they made up reasons for worgen and goblins despite worgen not being part of the Alliance (or considered anything more than feral beasts) at the time, and the goblins not only NOT being part of the Horde at the time but also being from a different cartel than the rest of the goblins in the horde.
    Well those races make pretty mutch sense:

Goblins are neutral traders so lordaeron makes sense for them in WC3.
    Also they are undead so outcasts when they left the scourge it make alot of sense they would turn to the Horde for support.

Worgen are Worgens from Shadowfang Keep and not Gilneas so it kinda makes sense.
    Also that they would turn to the Alliance makes sense since they are humans from Pyrewood Village.

Wetlands is past the lordaeron borders so i am pretty sure that Arthas never got that far south in WC3.

The impression I got was that the pc dks are a new wave of them raised during BC shortly before Wrath starts, rather than during WC 3. Especially with draenei among their number. It's just a question of getting a dark iron pc and a dark iron npc to kill off during that 'I know you're in there' scene, they don't need to contrive a bunch of them being in lordaeron.

15+ Year Old Account
    There could be excuses for some more Allied Races to work for the DK opening quests.

There's a whole comic about Trag Highmountain exploring EK and becoming a DK, so a couple other Highmountain wouldn't be completely insane.

Zandalari have been all over since Classic. An envoy to Zul'Aman could easily have been turned, nevermind Zul'drak.

The void elves are basing their teachings on the research of Dar'khan Drathir, who joined the Scourge. Darkfallen void elf experiments in Deathholme would be easy to explain.

Demon Hunter is more difficult to fit into the established timeline. Broken draenei and Dragonmaw orcs could totally work, though. If only a few of each.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-12-01 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Backero View Post
    The problem with DH is their starting zone being placed in time during TBC. So new DH race should:
    - exist in TBC timeline.
    - serve for Illidan on Outland.

So that's open option only for Night Elves, Blood Elves, Naga and Broken Draenei. Of course it MAY be any race that served Inllidan then and we don't know about them. But for sure it can't be Void Elves and Nighborne.

Besides the opening story I would see no problem to some other races be able to be trained as DH, like Draenei or Orc who both would fit a fantasy here.
    did you read anything OP said? Void elves are blood elves kicked from silvermoon. So he implied, that some blood elf demon hunter could delve into void magic and become void elf.

void elf start at level 20
    dh start at level 98

why make void elf obsolete for this class and make them demon hunter?

It's easy, let them be and then let them just start at 100 with no starting zone. Like people are calling for with worgen/goblin monks.
    We could have Draenei and Orc and Nightborne and Void elf ones.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    did you read anything OP said? Void elves are blood elves kicked from silvermoon. So he implied, that some blood elf demon hunter could delve into void magic and become void elf.
    I totally know that. And I know it makes possibility to also change Demon Hunters into Void Elves. The problem is with timeline. You can't be Void Elf during Mardum Mission, because it had place at least 10 years before origin of Void Elf. Okay you also can be Void Elf during exp your Void Elf during Cataclysm or WotlK events, but it's not as much linked with your character like Demon Hunter starting location. Even Worges have special explanation about being able to be DKs. For Void Elves it's more complicated.

It would make sense if Mardum quest would be player as non-faction (like now) Blood Elf who just becomes Void Elf after this. Just like first 4 levels of Worgen, when you are just Human.

Or that you would start as lvl 20 demon hunter as other void elf classes.. The lore would be something along the lines, that you, as an illidari, wanted to find a new purpose after legion's fall, knowing, that there is ultimate threat, the void. But there would be many gameplay problems, so this is maybe why they avoided that.. DK would make even more sense than DH.

Deleted
    I really don't get all the negativity about void elves/nightborne demon hunters...

First of all, to people who say that it wouldn't make sense since player demon hunters are those created back in Black Temple : we've literally been training new Illidari in our class hall ever since we've got there (and that without the help of Illidan). Some of them might have outstanding skills to reach similar ranks to the elite Illidari ( = the players ), and I don't see why some of them could not be Nightborne/Void Elves. We've been in contact with the Nightborne ever since we set foot in Suramar, I can imagine some Nightborne could be interested in the Illidari way of fighting the Legion. As for the Void Elves, we don't know about them much yet, but they're still part of Legion storyline which we will discover later with 7.3.5, so the same applies to them.

Second, to those who say NB/VE demon hunters would need a new starting scenario, here's a simple solution:
    Just add a mini tweak to it: When you start the game as a NB/VE dh,you start as a newly formed Illidari and the first thing you're asked to do is to interact with some sort of magical orb/object that grants you "a vision of the past" of some sorts. And from there the player has to go through the whole DH starting area. And if u really want it to be "visually accurate", transform the player into a night/blood elf while doing the starting area in a similar way some races are transformed into humans in some Caverns of Time dungeons. Problem solved.

Also, the remarks that with the defeat of Legion there is no need in forming new demon hunters.... Well, if we follow that logic we might just as well delete the whole demon hunter class from the game... I don't think that the defeat of the Burning Legion means that every demon in the universe suddenly just vanished into oblivion. It just means that they don't have a common master anymore, which may lead to new threats in the future.

And, lastly, as a sidenote to all the lore paragons out there: rolling a Void Elf/Nightborne demon hunter DOES NOT make less sense than questing in Suramar as a Nightborne, just saying...