Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They're not that OP, and the content isn't even out yet with all changes, so calm your panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Just like the pandaren racials right
    ...they're not OP though...

I don't believe Blizzard could pull a scummy move like releasing allied races with actually OP racials in order to incentivize mass race changing. Either they'll buff racials across the board or allied races' racials won't make it to live as OP as some of them seem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Neither are any allied race racials.
    I agree. /10char They may still get tweaked, but they're not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    ...they're not OP though...
    Didn't stop people from complaining for the 8 months leading up to MoP that Pandaren are gonna be mandatory for PvE because of Epicurean.

Idk, maybe these only look OP on paper. But IMO the Nightborne especially have a pretty cheesable ability. Healer specs able to disable rogue stealth is going to be invaluable in arena (not that good Rogues even need 15 yards anymore).

Deleted
    Some of them are great, i just wish they would buff the Lightforged. They are by far the worst. there is nothin there i want to get.
    BUT somethings are broken Highmountain damage resistance + a aoe knock down which is a pretty big thing.
    Nightborne get Demon sight which i am very aginst is kind of a cool Feature from DH now avliable to everyone, also 1% magic damage is pretty great as well

Voidelves Reduction for Void Storage is useless No one uses that since You now "learn" all outfits.. The teleport might be cool, but beside that also very lakcluster for melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Didn't stop people from complaining for the 8 months leading up to MoP that Pandaren are gonna be mandatory for PvE because of Epicurean.

Idk, maybe these only look OP on paper. But IMO the Nightborne especially have a pretty cheesable ability. Healer specs able to disable rogue stealth is going to be invaluable in arena (not that good Rogues even need 15 yards anymore).
    sap is like 1 billion yards lol, you can spam any aoe/flare stand in the middle and sap easily lands without stealth being broken.

15 yards is ridiculously short, and maining a hunter with permanent 'track invisible on', it's almost useless in pvp unless you have lightning reflexes and reaction times since the 'reveal' isn't instant. It does come with a noise, but that isn't always clear if there's other noises going on around you that drown it out. And even then, rogues have cleanse and vanish. The longer cd will make it a nifty tool in bg's, and maybe a save-or-suck in some arena fights. Have fun if it's on a cast timer and not instant as well...

It'll be neat-ish in some pve aspects as well, but that's all really...so no, not op. I just hope it comes with the catch-phrase... xD

Deleted
    It is always like this.

They start with them OP, then in beta when alot of testing happens they get nerfed or even a 100% make over.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I don't believe Blizzard could pull a scummy move like releasing allied races with actually OP racials in order to incentivize mass race changing. Either they'll buff racials across the board or allied races' racials won't make it to live as OP as some of them seem.
    It'll be even scummier than that. They'll release allied races with OP racials in order to incentivize mass race changing, and after a couple of months they'll nerf said racials to the ground to "balance things out".
    Last edited by mingarrubia; 2017-12-01 at 05:40 PM.

I don't know why these people that think blizzard do things to nickle and dime customers, still play the game. Are you just some addicted child that can't put the game down or a permanent edge lord that thinks the world is against you?

There is zero OP racials in these 4 races seen so far, nothing, yet you're all clamoring to state blizzard are somehow making them OP to try generate race changes. People will race change to this shit by the 1000's on day1 regardless of racials, the people that race change for ~1% gains prob make up less than 0.1% of the playerbase and thus a fucking drop in the ocean to blizzard's bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Do you have a link to what the racials actually -do-? All I've seen so far is names and the few we learned about during the Demo at Blizzcon.
    They're on mmo main site.

Well I think Nightborne has more racials than others, though Masquerade is purely cosmetic admittedly. But yeah +1% to magical damage seems to be quite strong, same from less damage taken.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    +/-1% is pretty nice, but I don't think it's going to be anything to write home about, in the end, since there are other races that have similar resistance boosts or damage buffs.

Though I wonder whether or not the Dispel Illusion thing is actually going to break -stealth- or just invisibility. It would be a neat thing if it didn't apply to rogue stealth, but made them excellent at tearing apart Arcane Mages.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Makes people want to play them and/or race change ($$$)

My guess.

Then nerf to the ground at the next patch

7+ Year Old Account
    Goblins.

Shit racials.

You wot?
    goblins have shit racials

that míssil is a joke, and the jump is meh

yeah the racials are looking pretty promising
    excited to see the troll and the dwarven racials

I'm not so sure about these racials being so great... If anything, I believe this is the first time we are getting racials that are outright useless for some classes, like Nightborne damage racial only applies to casters or Void Elf cast pushback.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Makes people want to play them and/or race change ($$$)

My guess.
    People who want to be optimal will race change to the best race any way they don’t need to make them strong because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you cant blame them for wanting to make bilions of $$$ from people race changing enmasse when they see how OP new races are.

tbh thoe new races should be cosmetic option in barber shop - but noo greeed in activision is too big to let it go.
    Making them a barber shop option would be a horrible idea both lore wise and massive waste.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, some of those racial abilities are ridiculous. Nightborne's especially good.

Compare it to half the races on live, safe to say Blizz is tweaking these racials down before live or buffing racials across the board.
    Even if they don't, I guarantee that after these races go live, we get a thread - probably with some of the same people complaining about them here - going "Allied Race Racials are unwhelming/rubbish...".

10+ Year Old Account
    Melee blink sounds incredible, as do Highmountain for any tank/ plate melee role where you might want to soak a bit o' damage.

Nothing announced about BfA had me really wanting to play again, but these racials sound really cool and are certainly enticing.

Wonder what Dwarves & Trolls will get.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥