Thread: Next update?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reppeh View Post
    Since when has Blizzard announced anything at Blizzcon that hasn't already started development?

It is well and truely under way, despite what they have said.
    Why don't you go back and look for yourselves.
    The independent team that will be Classic, is not complete.
    I can't believe how many people don't inform themselves, yet they go around spewing disinformation like they wrote a fucking dissertation on it.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    I can't believe how many people don't inform themselves, yet they go around spewing disinformation like they wrote a fucking dissertation on it.
    I don't think it is that cut and dry.
    Yes, they are hiring for classic, but they also have a vanilla build up and running.
    So some work has been completed. But more work needs to be done.

Ideally, Blizzard would setup a website for Classic with all the latest and definitive details. Like they have fore BfA. But this is Blizzard and communication has always been an issue.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/classic
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Lol no, nost was based on Mangos which was a broken version of WoW. They fixed it as well as they could but blizzard is not going to release a patched up shit version
    They already stated in one of the interviews that game will be running on modern wow client-server code (they already have a working build, aka they found a way that lets them do that), witch both implies that they have been working on classic realms for some time and that, aside for maybe some design input, nost or other private server devs wont have anything to do with development (as could be expected) .

Edit:Also, for people harping on the "team not assembled yet" argument, game development is not football game, you dont need every single player before you can start the game. Its highly compartmentalised endeavour, and often times there is litle to no interaction between certain parts of the team. And on the other note, its a scalable effort, what you can do with 10 people, often times you can do with 4 just as well, but at the expense of schedule.
    Last edited by Rale89; 2017-12-01 at 06:36 AM.

They have an old build set up as a reference. The new build is still in its infancy, I wouldn't expect it to reach pre-alpha for at least a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Oh please, get a grip. Take your dribble elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict within 6 months we will start seeing more information.

I don't understand why people think that when a multi-billion dollar company announces a new product they will just sit in silence for a year.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Do they not already have a complete build by using the nost code?
    They do yes, I doubt they'll use it though. An experienced private-server dev commented on the possibility of blizzard actually using that old core and basically threw that possiblity out as improbable for many reasons. They will probably just backport current core, stripping it of its bells and whistles.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I expect sometime in the new year (feb/Mar prob), they'll release a design document which will have some kind of timescale on it (even if very loose ie '2019').

This isn't really like designing a new expansion or game from scratch. they, with some variables (patch number/mix etc) know where they need to get to, so a lot of the 'design' work isn't applicable.

My personal opinion would be Q1 2019, about 6-9 months after BFA is out.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    This is 100% conjecture. The truth is we don't know. Many of the 'it will never happen' crowd like to spread the misinformation that it will take 2-3 years. However, its nothing but bull that is pure made up trash.

If I had to guess id say 6 months to a year but again that's 100% a guess. They don't have to redesign things, its just infrastructure stuff and logistics.
    If Classic were going to be out next year...Blizzard would have announced that. Instead their answer is "we don't know". That's worse than "soon"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If Classic were going to be out next year...Blizzard would have announced that. Instead their answer is "we don't know". That's worse than "soon"
    "Soon" is Blizzard's analogy for we gonna take how long we want, and release it when it's most profitable.
    They used this terminology regarding the original release for several years.

But there is no good reason why Blizzard should take years to re-release something they allready have developed.
    New hardware isn't that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    "Soon" is Blizzard's analogy for we gonna take how long we want, and release it when it's most profitable.
    They used this terminology regarding the original release for several years.

But there is no good reason why Blizzard should take years to re-release something they allready have developed.
    New hardware isn't that complicated.
    Then why didn't they say "coming next year"? Why wasn't anything playable at Blizzcon? Where is the beta? Why are they still in the process of hiring the Vanilla team?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why didn't they say "coming next year"? Why wasn't anything playable at Blizzcon? Where is the beta? Why are they still in the process of hiring the Vanilla team?
    Because they will release it when it is most profitable for them to do so? I'm not saying it is coming in 2018, but just because they didn't state it doesn't mean it won't happen.

They have an internal build already. Do we really need a playable version to demo an Blizzcon? Do they really need a public Beta at this point?

Hiring staff is not a one time event, and done. They are hiring for the retail version also. That doesn't mean development is stalled.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Because they will release it when it is most profitable for them to do so? I'm not saying it is coming in 2018, but just because they didn't state it doesn't mean it won't happen.

They have an internal build already. Do we really need a playable version to demo an Blizzcon? Do they really need a public Beta at this point?

Hiring staff is not a one time event, and done. They are hiring for the retail version also. That doesn't mean development is stalled.
    Yes, hiring staff is an ongoing process for "retail"...because that is an ongoing game with new features being added constantly. Classic WoW is not the same thing at all. The content itself is complete. If it was simply a matter of pushing it out to the public...they would have done so right at Blizzcon.

An "internal build" doesn't really mean anything at all. That can mean anything from a pre-Alpha phase to near release.

A playable version at blizzcon would have increased hype. Blizzard likes hype. And considering they have to adapt old code for all the new architecture..they are going to have to test it hard before it is ready for release. Having a Beta is the most cost-effective way of doing that and at the same time builds hype even more.

Deleted
    Why are they still in the process of hiring the Vanilla team?
    People swallowed this very easily. Its just PR...

Edit: about the hype the poster above is talking about, do you think they need more hype than they already have about classic? I mean, just look at this sub forum. Its like there is as much hype for BfA than for Classic.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-01 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    People swallowed this very easily. Its just PR...
    They are really committed to this bluff:

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-gb/openings/o1Nc6fwQ
    SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CLASSIC WOW

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-gb/openings/on1k6fwy
    SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CLASSIC WOW

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: about the hype the poster above is talking about, do you think they need more hype than they already have about classic? I mean, just look at this sub forum. Its like there is as much hype for BfA than for Classic.
    More hype is always better than less hype...but, if what you say is true and hype is peak and the game is pretty much ready...why is there no release date?

Deleted
    They are really committed to this bluff:

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-gb/openings/o1Nc6fwQ
    SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CLASSIC WOW

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-gb/openings/on1k6fwy
    SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CLASSIC WOW
    Yeah and that means they can't start anything without those people. Come on....

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Do they not already have a complete build by using the nost code?
    Why on earth would they use Nost code, when they have theirs, the original? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah and that means they can't start anything without those people. Come on....
    I never said they couldn't start anything. Obviously they have already started. All I've said is that it won't be ready to be released any time soon. If it were, there would be a release window, they would have had something playable at Blizzcon, There'd be a beta...etc.

Deleted

More hype is always better than less hype...but, if what you say is true and hype is peak and the game is pretty much ready...why is there no release date?
    The community created the hype before the news, blizzard made the hype blow with the announcement, and they keep cards in their pocket.

And no I never said the hype is peak and the game ready. Where do you see this in my post. Stop puting words in my mouth.

Deleted
    You'll probably get some info next Blizzcon. I would not expect anything before that.