LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Because the vikings took them all!!!
    Yup, we aint givin' 'em back!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

English and their weird threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If you haven’t got British Citizenship, then you’re not British. Your ethnicity might be British-American, but you wouldn’t be British.
    That's my point.

It's just easier to be an American... I'm a mutt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    It's just easier to be an American... I'm a mutt.
    Technically we all are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If you haven’t got British Citizenship, then you’re not British. Your ethnicity might be British-American, but you wouldn’t be British.
    I disagree.

Colonials [sic] will always be British in the hearts of the Britishers, even though they call themselves "American" right now and irrespective of the fact that they do not hold a British passport.

Pakis and the like (you know what I mean) on the other hand, will never been seen as British by the Britishers regardless of passport and citizenship.

No need to thank me for setting the record straight.

Case in point:

Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2017-12-01 at 06:29 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I disagree.

Colonials [sic] will always be British in the hearts of the Britishers, even though they call themselves "American" right now and irrespective of the fact that they do not hold a British passport.

Pakis and the like (you know what I mean) on the other hand, will never been seen as British by the Britishers regardless of passport and citizenship.

Case in point:
    First of all, what are "Britishers"?

Secondly, no one views Americans as British, the yanks made it fairly clear in 1775 that they didn't want to be British. Nowadays they're viewed as part of the Anglosphere (UK, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, various assorted colonies etc).

Thirdly, "Pakis" and "the like", as you put it, have been a part of the UKs culture for centuries now, we've had waves of immigration to the UK from our former colonies since we had an Empire, they are well established and entrenched within the UK.

The issues you see now have very little do with race and a lot more to do with wealth disparity and general class conflict, which you would know if you actually lived here.

Now stop attempting to educate Brits on our country and go back to bankrupting your own and then expecting Germany to pay the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    First of all, what are "Britishers"?

Secondly, no one views Americans as British, the yanks made it fairly clear in 1775 that they didn't want to be British. Nowadays they're viewed as part of the Anglosphere (UK, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, various assorted colonies etc).

Thirdly, "Pakis" and "the like", as you put it, have been a part of the UKs culture for centuries now, we've had waves of immigration to the UK from our former colonies since we had an Empire, they are well established and entrenched within the UK.

The issues you see now have very little do with race and a lot more to do with wealth disparity and general class conflict, which you would know if you actually lived here.

Now stop attempting to educate Brits on our country and go back to bankrupting your own and then expecting Germany to pay the bill.
    "Britishers" are people of British birth in Australian lingo. No need to thank me for educating you.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Because the vikings took them all!!!
    Having a thing for cleanliness tends to do that, at least by middle ages standards There are sources from the middle ages describing them as "bathing once a week" and "combing their hair".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Having a thing for cleanliness tends to do that, at least by middle ages standards There are sources from the middle ages describing them as "bathing once a week" and "combing their hair".
    Sounds bad for your health, bathing removes the beneficial odours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I disagree.

Case in point:

You're aware Paki is a highly offensive word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    The UK isn't exactly known for their beautiful women...
    Yeah, totally raised eyebrow moment there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're aware Paki is a highly offensive word
    No reason it should be though, no one kicks off when we get called Brits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    There isn't a history of using Brits as a racial slur.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    There isn't a history of using Brits as a racial slur.
    They usually add an expletive before the word Brits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    You'll have to take that up with the Pakistani community

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    First couple of posts had me thinking I was in this thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ason-2017-2018

Hilarious bants
    All we need is someone running around screaming "I'M MILLWALL!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They just pass for humanoids so English and British
    I think the jury is still out on that to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I wouldn't waste your time. Britain will always be "England" to most Americans and such.
    Any american will to try that out in Glasgow feel free to try and don't worry we won't even charge you for your medical bills.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Their nationalities would be American, ethnically they would be whatever country their ancestors immigrated from (assuming the emigrants were Indigenous or a long standing people from that country).

My nationality is American, but I'm of mixed Southern Italian and Afro-Jamaican ethnicities.
    You're going to confuse the Europeans when you bring up complex concepts like "ethnicity".