Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll just be happy if this doesn't end in another SoO/Garrosh situation...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If Blizz does resolve this war, Horde will no doubt lose. There's way more indicating Sylvanas is evil than anyone on the Alliance.
    I dunno... Genn did leave Lordaeron to die and get reanimated as the Undead because he was throwing a hissy fit that the other kingdoms didn't get behind his "Gather up the surrendering orcs and commit genocide on them" plan...

That said, yeah. She's evil. But a given war can end with the evil leader winning. Honestly they -should- sometimes, it'd be more compelling than the Alliance always winning.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    zero

but no faction gonna win, they will just make the horde look bad and move on like mop
    Just like the Alliance didn't win the war, conquered the enemy capital and defeated their leader?

It's about damn time the Horde gets to experience the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Just like the Alliance didn't win the war, conquered the enemy capital and defeated their leader?

It's about damn time the Horde gets to experience the same thing.
    Get an army good enough to do it, then we'll talk. Alliance outnumber the horde by tonnes since we didn't recently murder each other.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Get an army good enough to do it, then we'll talk. Alliance outnumber the horde by tonnes since we didn't recently murder each other.
    The Alliance just added the remnants othe Army of the Light and a small subset of Void Elves.

The Horde just brought in a megacity of Nightborn and all of the tribes of Highmountain (Ostensibly including the Drogbar).

I think part of the Allied Race Message is that shit's gonna get balanced between the two sides -real- fast. Hence each heading to Zandalar and Kul'tiras, respectively, to try and secure powerful navies and even more soldiers in a race to outnumber their foes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realistically: Horde is 0% likely to win.

Gameplay reasons: expacs gonna end with some grunting and scoffing leading to a stalemate because big world ending threat #9 rears its head.

Deleted
    People seem to forget about the plague and the undead, and also the goblins. Couldn't they just fucking straight up nuke Stormwind with plague bombs and ACTUAL nukes?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    People seem to forget about the plague and the undead, and also the goblins. Couldn't they just fucking straight up nuke Stormwind with plague bombs and ACTUAL nukes?
    Not anymore. Stormwind's got a shitload of flying dwarves and humans on gryphon-back constantly patrolling and their massive airship as well. The Horde's assault force would be crippled before they got close because they don't have the numbers to get through, or didn't before the Nightborn/Highmountain joined in...

Now they just need Oculeth to get the Coordinates and warp in a Manabomb to wipe out Stormwind.

If either faction wins or loses it's (most likely) gonna be a Horde victory. I mean the bloody game director himself plays an Orc shaman and most other outspoken Blizzard officials seem to favour the Horde as well.

Then again this is purely speculation so I could be completely wrong. I hope I am.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Neither will win but if one was going to it would be the Horde even with the Alliance's advantages the one thing the Horde does have is Thrall. Blizzard's favorite is apparently going to have a huge role this expansion. For all we know this expansion will end with Thrall as Warchief again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Neither will win but if one was going to it would be the Horde even with the Alliance's advantages the one thing the Horde does have is Thrall. Blizzard's favorite is apparently going to have a huge role this expansion. For all we know this expansion will end with Thrall as Warchief again.
    I kinda hope so, but I also kinda hope it's Saurfang who gets the nod.

I don't want Sylvanas dead, but I'm hoping after her run in the spotlight she'll have some quasi-redemption arc and all that before becoming a stronger person and moving away from being the gloomy gus in the corner.

And then she can grab the Helm of Domination and be the Lich Queen who doesn't fall to Ner'zhul's whispers 'cause she's stronger willed than Arthas or Bolvar ever were and she winds up bringing the remaining scourge to heel as part of the Horde, and starts using the crown to keep her people from dying or rotting because superpowered necromantic artifact would definitely keep her from needing more Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    I've been thinking about this, and it is very clear that the Horde is in a huge disadvantaged.

1. With the Siege of Orgrimmar, the orcs are not anymore the most powerful army on the Horde.
    2. The lightforged Draenei have a friking spaceship, with the power of the crown of the Triumvirate. And they have advanced technology.
    3. The Alliance have Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, who are really strong by themselves, and Anduin, who apparently have super strength, and none of the Horde leaders have that kind of power.
    3. Nightborne no longer have the nightwell, so they lost their capacity of being a strong addition to the Horde.

So, how do you think the Horde will manage to not being destroyed in the first patch?

P.S. Sorry for the broken english.

Two Words: Green Jesus

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I kinda hope so, but I also kinda hope it's Saurfang who gets the nod.

I don't want Sylvanas dead, but I'm hoping after her run in the spotlight she'll have some quasi-redemption arc and all that before becoming a stronger person and moving away from being the gloomy gus in the corner.

And then she can grab the Helm of Domination and be the Lich Queen who doesn't fall to Ner'zhul's whispers 'cause she's stronger willed than Arthas or Bolvar ever were and she winds up bringing the remaining scourge to heel as part of the Horde, and starts using the crown to keep her people from dying or rotting because superpowered necromantic artifact would definitely keep her from needing more Forsaken.
    There is lots of ways for Sylvanas to go out without being another Garrosh. She could just step down, she could sacrifice herself/die, the rest of the Horde could get together and basically fire her from being Warchief but still allow her to be part of the Horde as a racial leader for her Forsaken. Sylvanas is just a bad choice for leader of The Horde. Her running the Horde would almost be as bad as if Illidan led the Alliance. Illidan may think he's doing the right things but he also does a lot of fucked up shit just to get there and that only creates tension within your faction because not everyone will agree with it. That is why the Horde is in such a weakened state right now because of Garrosh. If people want the Horde to be strong again they need to get on the same page but it's hard to when Sylvanas is selfish and puts herself and her people above everyone else in the Horde.

Also, don't talk shit about Bolvar. Technically he hasn't went evil just yet and Arthas was not able to break him. He kinda is known for his iron will. =P

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    There is lots of ways for Sylvanas to go out without being another Garrosh. She could just step down, she could sacrifice herself/die, the rest of the Horde could get together and basically fire her from being Warchief but still allow her to be part of the Horde as a racial leader for her Forsaken. Sylvanas is just a bad choice for leader of The Horde. Her running the Horde would almost be as bad as if Illidan led the Alliance. Illidan may think he's doing the right things but he also does a lot of fucked up shit just to get there and that only creates tension within your faction because not everyone will agree with it. That is why the Horde is in such a weakened state right now because of Garrosh. If people want the Horde to be strong again they need to get on the same page but it's hard to when Sylvanas is selfish and puts herself and her people above everyone else in the Horde.

Also, don't talk shit about Bolvar. Technically he hasn't went evil just yet and Arthas was not able to break him. He kinda is known for his iron will. =P
    He has the DKs re-build the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and sends you on a raid of Light's Hope Chapel to steal Tirion Fordring's corpse to be the final horseman.

I think he's at the very least starting to listen to Ner'zhul and think it's his own thoughts while rationalizing away the darkness he's fomenting. Add to that the Cult of the Damned becoming active in Stratholme and other places, and maybe his will was damaged by Arthas and is crumbling under both Ner'zhul and Yogg'Saron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having Thrall being in the spotlight, and having in mind what they said about Thrall story arc at Blizzcon (They basically asked "What is Thrall place in all of this?"), we could see Thrall becoming the right hand of the Horde that Garrosh lacked (Garrosh was wrong in a long of things, but is true that if Thrall would have been there to guide, help him on his way as Warchief, the story may have been quite different)

Deleted
    None. BFA is just gonna be MoP 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    He has the DKs re-build the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and sends you on a raid of Light's Hope Chapel to steal Tirion Fordring's corpse to be the final horseman.

I think he's at the very least starting to listen to Ner'zhul and think it's his own thoughts while rationalizing away the darkness he's fomenting. Add to that the Cult of the Damned becoming active in Stratholme and other places, and maybe his will was damaged by Arthas and is crumbling under both Ner'zhul and Yogg'Saron.
    Ner'zhul has been confirmed to be long gone many, maaany times... Yog is dead too (we destroyed his brain and he literally says ''my corpse will blight this land bla bla I'm salty'')
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2017-12-02 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    Oh cmon... no one is gonna win the war. No one side can win the war. You can't just tell players they can't log on anymore.

It will result in nothing.

Only thing that could potentially happen is to merge both factions.

I'm gonna put my bet on mutual loss.

In fact, i'd say they already lost. They're really fighting over who gets to die first.

At best - no one wins.
    At worst - Horde loses with yet another "Garrosh" situation.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Helm of Domination is literally Ner'zhul's soul. Yes, he's gone, but he's still a corrupting force.

As to Yoggie, that which is dead may eternal lie. The Old Gods are only as "Dead" was the Devs want them to be at any given time. Even when the Titans ripped Y'sharaaj out of Azeroth and "Killed" him, creating the Well of Eternity in the process, he was still a powerful enough corrupting force to unleash the Sha on Pandaria as a constant threat for 10,000 years that only endless discipline and enforced peace managed to contain. And his heart was powerful enough that it had to be locked away before Garrosh ate it.

Yog's dead, but that means something between nothing and everything depending on the day of the week and which dev is answering the question