Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I really do hope some of the Void Elf VO-work is placeholder stuff - it's a bit much, all told. A bit of levity is fine by me, but as it stands it makes the whole race feel like a joke in bad taste.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I really do hope some of the Void Elf VO-work is placeholder stuff - it's a bit much, all told. A bit of levity is fine by me, but as it stands it makes the whole race feel like a joke in bad taste.
    Ooh their voice overs are out?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeraiya View Post
    Personally, love it. Adds credit to Lor'themar, and gives good strong reasoning as to why the Horde would reject Void Elves outside of 'because Alleria is mean, boohoo'. If the void elves are going to corrupt the Sunwell then they need to fuck right off! Leave our pool alone.
    I love how forced this is, too.

This goes one of two ways. Either they are traitors to the belves now (somehow becoming void elves without Alleria?) and this is Alleria encountering them for the first time and will recruit them afterward, or this is Alleria somehow already having a small group of voided elves without introduction and is using them as a 'first strike' so to speak.

Either way, definitely not how I would introduce the void elves. Traitors of traitors of traitors does not suit them well at all.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Ooh their voice overs are out?
    Sorry, I mean the text of them, not necessarily the actual vocal work. Though I imagine with the current text there's no caliber of voice-acting would really help deliver them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I mean the text of them, not necessarily the actual vocal work. Though I imagine with the current text there's no caliber of voice-acting would really help deliver them.
    Text to speech obviously, with a lot of distortion
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Not really - even during the War of the Ancients the current Night Elves and Suramarians would have been in different factions and castes. They were in the same empire then, but were completely different, same as today. Today they have even *less* in common, really.
    ..... Night Elves were an empire then and generally had a unified culture.... Suramarian culture WAS night elven culture, as it is pretty much a time capsule to how the Night Elven Empire functioned with the added element of well addiction and food crisis.

Fundamentally, it was the Night Elves following Tyrande and Malfurion who decided to white wash their culture and banish all mages. Modern Night Elven and Suramarian culture is actually very, very close if you consider for a second that Night Elves never stopped abusing magic, just changed the magic they abused to druidism.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    She was never part of today's alliance. If your argument is that she was allied to some members of todays alliance, same argument could be said about her being from quel'thalas.
    Her sister and nephews are Alliance/neutral, her husband would join the Alliance, her son is on the Alliance, her friends from the war are alliance/neutral, she fought along side the alliance.No family of her lives in Quel'thalas and the other sister is a undead.

And the today's alliance?I will adress this later.

She has no reason to dislike the horde. They helped her, Turalyon and the army of the light defeat the legion.
    She do, she fought agaisn't them in the second war, they killed her brother which is the reason she wanted revenge on them.What you mention could made her not have a full distates only dislike.And she shows on the vindicar that she doesn't like the idea of Sylvanas leading the Horde.The actual quote makes note that she still bitter of what they did.
    Those are not the same orcs.
    Actually they are, the Orcs from the first and the second Orcs are the same as today, only under new leaderships.Saurfang and Eitrigg being the most popular examples.
    Forest trolls had conflict with high elves. Jungle trolls (darkspear) were never even close to quel'thalas.
    Oh, im sorry but, how is that different from the Blood elfs acussing the today's alliance for what Garithos did.

In her mind, she can see that her people is now fighting with a race the they long fought agaisn't.

These are the undead who OPPOSED the lich king, you know, the guy that destroyed quel'thalas.
    They opposed him way after they already destroyed quel'thalas.

Do you have any exact moment that she got rejected by the blood elves? Not counting event that this thread is about, since it happened AFTER she pledged herself to "High King Anduinn Wrynn" and AFTER she tried to persuade blood elves to throw away their loyalties and join the alliance - you know, the alliance that once upon a time proposed the exact same thing, only to REJECT them and murdering their kin in dalaran.

By your logic the whole world should hate Germans for their grandfathers' sins during WW2, or in general hate all humans, cause Hitler happened to be a human too.

Do you even lore bro?
    Your logic would've work IF we were talking about someone who didn't fought in the war.Which Alleria did, she saw what the Orcs did, she felt loss from the orcs's hand, she found her way into the legion fight because she went to fight the Horde.

Also, she came with a offering, he refused, she understood, then asked to just visit her homeland, he agreed shit happened(her power is too dangerous) she got kicked out.Both sides did nothing wrong but we are talking about Alleria's perspective, in her eyes, beign kicked out after spending milenias fighting for it, wonder how someone would felt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    But the Orcs of today are totally the same as the Orcs back then, because while there are obviously only groups of hateful Humans, all Orcs are obviously the same.
    That's absolutely not true. Certainly not for Alleria. The orcs certainly are the same creatures, but back then they were driven with bloodlust from the Blood of Mannoroth. So, prior to the orcs she meets now, which characteristically she should view all of them suspiciously, all orcs were savage monsters. She had no reason to know it was a curse.

Alleria fought for YEARS with Humans. So for a single, hateful & racist group of humans (which is not the norm to her experience with them) to make her hate humans as a whole would be pretty odd logic wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Not really - even during the War of the Ancients the current Night Elves and Suramarians would have been in different factions and castes. They were in the same empire then, but were completely different, same as today. Today they have even *less* in common, really.
    Tyrande is from Suramar. Suramarian as Thalryssa. So, not really. They were all kaldorei, they are all Night Elves. Different castes ye, and yes less in common now, because thats how they wrote the lore in the Suramar campaign. Could easily turned it the other way, but as said, connect it to Void Elves. Thats the reason why the story is what it is now.

LF Draenei and HM Tauren wouldn't even need an explanation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    ..... Night Elves were an empire then and generally had a unified culture.... Suramarian culture WAS night elven culture, as it is pretty much a time capsule to how the Night Elven Empire functioned with the added element of well addiction and food crisis.

Fundamentally, it was the Night Elves following Tyrande and Malfurion who decided to white wash their culture and banish all mages. Modern Night Elven and Suramarian culture is actually very, very close if you consider for a second that Night Elves never stopped abusing magic, just changed the magic they abused to druidism.
    I disagree. The Night Elves that joined Tyrande and Malfurian were primarily not Highborne class like Suramar and Zin-Azshari. Suramar only stepped in to stop the Legion's portal in the Tomb of Sargeras when they realized it would destroy their city, not for any greater good like the Night Elf resistance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Tyrande is from Suramar. Suramarian as Thalryssa. So, not really. They were all kaldorei, they are all Night Elves. Different castes ye, and yes less in common now, because thats how they wrote the lore in the Suramar campaign. Could easily turned it the other way, but as said, connect it to Void Elves. Thats the reason why the story is what it is now.

LF Draenei and HM Tauren wouldn't even need an explanation.
    I had forgotten than Tyrande was originally from Suramar, however.

- - - Updated - - -

My pain point, I suppose, is that for the War of the Ancients, the two would have been opposed for most of it, the fall out subsequently put them at further odds, and both of them now look at each other rather disdainfully. I just think there is progression there, unlike with the HM Tauren and the LF Dranei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Thats because they are a joke in bad taste. A bad joke while there. Some of their puns make it evident they are fuck you to Helf fanbase. And its glorious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Thats because they are a joke in bad taste. A bad joke while there. Some of their puns make it evident they are fuck you to Helf fanbase. And its glorious.
    "High elf? Please. Why would you want to be a high elf when you can look all tragic and brooding?"

ONE good thing to come out of them. And I love that one. Single. Thing. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    "High elf? Please. Why would you want to be a high elf when you can look all tragic and brooding?"

ONE good thing to come out of them. And I love that one. Single. Thing. <3
    Its like you dragged 4th wall and immersion into dark alley and beaten them to near death.

At this rate, i hope they will license "Numb" and "Crawling" and make them play everytime void elf appears in cutscene/during quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post

I like how Thalyssra speaks about night elven mistrust and arrogance, just to be questioned by Liadrin with:

''Arcanist Thalyssra. I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande... ''
    That wasnt liadrin who said that.... It was tyrande.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its like you dragged 4th wall and immersion into dark alley and beaten them to near death.
    I mean, what else are they good for, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Busted

/10
    Holy shit lol

Yeah. I'm pretty sure a few of those quotes are just bringing up what Tyrande said, and why the Nightborne don't like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Busted

/10

First Arcanist Thalyssra: Greetings, Lady Liadrin, $p. Welcome back to Suramar. I am pleased to receive you under more pleasant circumstances.
    Lady Liadrin: It is good to see your city free, First Arcanist.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: For that, we owe you both a great debt. You proved instrumental to our cause.
    Lady Liadrin: The Horde was proud to fight by your side against the Burning Legion, my lady.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: I must admit, when I first learned of the Horde, I was skeptical that we would share common ground.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: I thought our kin from Kalimdor would make obvious allies. But their arrogance and mistrust soon proved otherwise.
    Lady Liadrin: Arcanist Thalyssra. I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande... the next Azshara?
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: We do not intend to be slaves to the Nightwell. We seek to drive the Legion from Suramar and put an end to Elisande's oppression.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: The kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that... we shall see where Elune's wisdom guides us.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: It would seem "Elune's wisdom" guided her away from the bond we once shared. So be it.
    Lady Liadrin: The sin'dorei are also scorned by Tyrande and her prideful lot. Yet for many ages her people slept in dens or hid in trees while my people fought to save this world.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: The Alliance feels too walled off... too cloistered. My people will never endure such stagnation again.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: That is why I am grateful for your invitation to Silvermoon. I would like to inquire whether there could be a place for the nightborne in your Horde.
    Lady Liadrin: I am sure the regent lord will be pleased to learn of your interest. Are you ready to depart?
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: It would be an honor, Lady Liadrin. Oculeth has the coordinates to your capital. I will gather Silgryn and Valtrois, and meet you in Silvermoon.

Then it is funny, that the same dialogue has liadrin and thalyssra.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Her sister and nephews are Alliance/neutral, her husband would join the Alliance, her son is on the Alliance, her friends from the war are alliance/neutral, she fought along side the alliance.No family of her lives in Quel'thalas and the other sister is a undead.
    And what does it have to do with what you quoted? Thats right: zero. Null argument, waste of internet space. I will repeat myself one last time in hope it gets through your head - she fought for different alliance. Please for the love of god aknowledge wow's alliance/horde is not the same as warcraft alliance/horde. If you dont, just leave lore section.

And the today's alliance?I will adress this later.
    You didnt tho.

She do, she fought agaisn't them in the second war, they killed her brother which is the reason she wanted revenge on them.
    Second war? You mean, the one that took over 20 years ago, against different horde consisting of different races and orcs of which most of died or are old veterans? I wonder how on earth Germany is able to make political alliances in europe.

And she shows on the vindicar that she doesn't like the idea of Sylvanas leading the Horde.The actual quote makes note that she still bitter of what they did.
    Oh sure. Lets have completely biased (and emotionally unstable) Varessa tell only bad thing (in superlatives probably) about Sylvanas and the horde, and lets make Alleria believe it instantly without even trying to confirm whether its truth or hearing the second side of the story. While the horde are no saints, they did many good things to protect azeroth as well, which im fairly sure Veressa didnt mention. Also more than being a warchief of the horde, she is shocked about her undeath. Wouldnt surprise me if Veressa told her that Sylvanas begged Arthas to turn her, and Alleria believed it on the spot.

Actually they are, the Orcs from the first and the second Orcs are the same as today, only under new leaderships.Saurfang and Eitrigg being the most popular examples.
    No they are not. Most of the veterans of the second war died out in intern camps, northrend campaign and under garrosh's war against the world. There are very few orc of old date.

Oh, im sorry but, how is that different from the Blood elfs acussing the today's alliance for what Garithos did.
    Where do they acusse them for that? Genuily curious as i think its just made up circlejerk.
    The point stands. Darkspear trolls never were even close to quel'thalas during troll wars. Might as well blame all humans for what arthas did.

In her mind, she can see that her people is now fighting with a race the they long fought agaisn't.
    If she is dumb enough and sees world in black and white maybe (wouldnt surprise me tbh).

They opposed him way after they already destroyed quel'thalas.
    Yeah, maybe because they were enslaved and their minds were controlled by the lich king. Just guessing tho. Too bad we dont know how undead raised by the lich king work.

Your logic would've work IF we were talking about someone who didn't fought in the war.Which Alleria did, she saw what the Orcs did, she felt loss from the orcs's hand, she found her way into the legion fight because she went to fight the Horde.
    If we're going to generalize, might as well wipe out all races.

Also, she came with a offering, he refused, she understood
    We dont know exactly what did she come with. What we know tho is that she mentions High King Anduin in her first sentence, which is already red alert. I guess lor'themar didnt expect her to join the alliance so fast. Looks like she didnt even think it through, just blindly followed turalyon. And why would he accept? He was already offered it once, and we know what happened. When he was seriously considering it and almost burned the bridges behind himself, the alliance suddenly backed off, then murdered blood elves in dalaran. "offering" my ass.

then asked to just visit her homeland, he agreed shit happened(her power is too dangerous) she got kicked out.Both sides did nothing wrong but we are talking about Alleria's perspective, in her eyes, beign kicked out after spending milenias fighting for it, wonder how someone would felt.
    She should have known better. She is infused with the power of the void, and tried to visit a holy place, infused with the naaru. She saw what happened to l'ura, what did she expect? NPCs dont have outside knowledge, they dont know if she can control it and what she can do with it. She is an abomination, not better than cultist worshipping old gods. Im surprised they didnt kill her on sight. At the time of the visit she was already alliance (so enemy), who corrupted the sunwell. She should be thankful they let her go free and alive, but instead she sends threats during goodbyes.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2017-12-01 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Fixed that for you. Why would Thalyssra talk about Elune's wisdom? The Nightborne have no connection to Elune, and it also explains why one line they have quotes around "Elune's wisdom." (It implies DOUBT.)
    I know, it doesnt make any sense, i am just working with available things we have for now. Still, it is silly reason to join other faction just because of those words of suspicion, which are in some degree justifiable.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-12-01 at 09:35 PM.