10+ Year Old Account

[TV] What are your top 3 favorite wrestling matches as a kid?

What are your top 3 favorite wrestling matches as a kid?

1. Bret the Hitman Hart vs British Bulldog

Who are your top 3 Wrestlers?

1. Bret The Hitman Hart
    2. The Rock
    3. Edge

Top 3 Tag Team
    1. The Legion of Doom
    2. The Heat Foundation
    3. Christian and Edge

Favorite 3 woman in Wrestling.
    1. Victoria.
    2. Beth Phoenix
    3. Ivory

Special mentions. Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, Jake the Snake, Scott Hall. Sherri Martel and Gail Kim.

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-12-01 at 12:15 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Matches

1. Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker- Kane's debut, special to me cuz I was there.
    2. Stone Cold vs. Shawn Michaels
    3. Lesnar vs. The Rock

Top 3 no order

1. Lesnar
    2. Bret/ Undertaker
    3. Jake The Snake/ Braun Strowman

Don't have any Tag Teams I care enough about to mention.

Scratch that: APA.

Women

1. Asuka
    2. Nia Jax
    3. Ember Moon

Special mentions: Shawn, Kane, Big Show, Ric Flair, Triple H, Stone Cold, and The Rock. Child of the Attitude Era right here.

Edit: Preemptive "go fuck yourself" to any and all slapnuts that come in the thread with the usual "wrestling is fake" hurr durr bullshit. We already know, and don't give a fuck.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-12-01 at 12:36 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matches:
    1. Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz in TLC II at Wrestlemania X-Seven
    2. The Undertaker Vs. Mankind Hell in a Cell match at King of the Ring '98
    3. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 13. The infamous double turn match.

Top 3 Wrestlers (of all time?)
    1. A.J. Styles. Hands down the greatest in ring performer of all time.
    2. Ric Flair. Because it's Ric Flair!
    3. Chris Jericho. Been a big fan since way back in his WCW days. One of the most creative guys in the biz who is able to constantly reinvent himself to stay relevant. Plus, there is THIS one of the funniest promo's ever.

Top 3 Tag Team
    1. Edge and Christian
    2. The Hardy Boyz
    3. The Dudley Boyz

Pretty obvious. These three teams pretty much set the standard for Tag Team wrestling and in my mind have yet to be topped.

1. Asuka. Nobody is ready for Asuka!
    2. Nikki Cross. She is just awesome. I see big things in her future.
    3. Alexa Bliss. Not the greatest in ring, but her character work is second to none.

Sadly, it's really only recently that women in wrestling have really started to really shine so all my favorites are current wrestlers.

1 - Andre the Giant's Heel turn
    2 - Something involving Baron von Raschke
    3 - Bobby Heenan doing funny commentary

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    1 - Andre the Giant's Heel turn
    2 - Something involving Baron von Raschke
    3 - Bobby Heenan doing funny commentary
    The Giant Heel turn soo unexpected I loved the build up.

Bobby Heenan was the best, did a great job of getting people to hate him.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Top match I am not sure I'd be able to put my finger on, but top-3 wrestlers would be:
    1. Bret the Hitman Hart
    2. Sting
    3. Goldberg

special mention for CM Punk.

Best Matches:
    1. Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
    2. CM Punk vs. Chris Hero
    3. Shawn Michaels Vs. Bret Hart

Best Wrestlers:
    1. Shawn Michaels
    2. CM Punk
    3. Rey Mysterio

Best Teams:
    1. Hardys
    2. Dudleys
    3. Legion of Doom/Hogan & Savage/Hart Foundation

Best Gimmicks:
    1. Undertaker (Deadman)
    2. Hogan (NWO)
    3. Ted DiBiase (Million Dollar Man)
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-12-01 at 06:39 AM.

Never watched wrestling as a kid, only watched it as I got older and came to appreciate the work that went into it, both from a physical and a choreography standpoint Can't name favorite matches though, as ROH has hours upon hours of stellar matches...I guess American Dragon vs KENTA would be high on the list. And that's just ROH, you have some stellar WWF/WWE matches too(TLC for example gave us some moments that fans will never forget), and TNA had some winners too(AJ Styles/Samoa Joe/Christopher Daniels iron man match)...

My 3 favorites would be:
    Chris Jericho
    Christopher Daniels
    Chris Benoit(what happened with him was tragic, but his work before he snapped was fantastic).

Hard not to mention AJ Styles here, too...

Top 3 Tag Teams

Edge and Christian
    Hardy Boys
    Dudley Boys

Molly Holly
    Manami Toyota
    Gail Kim

Based on what I've seen, I suspect there are a lot of performers from the Japanese wrestling scene that could make this list(as far as women's wrestling goes, Japan's scene blows the US away), but other than Manami Toyota I don't know most of them well enough to really have favorites.

1. Mick Foley vs Undertaker. Hell in a Cell at King of the Ring 1998
    2. All of Stone Cold Steve austin matches
    3. Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels

in this order
    1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
    2. Mick Foley
    3. Undertaker
    4. Shawn Michaels

Top 3 Tag Team
    1. Degeneration X
    2. Rock and Sock connection
    3. Christian and Edge

1. Paige
    2. Sasha Banks
    3. Lita

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Top 3 no order

1. Lesnar
    Lesnar is such a boring wrestler with no microphone skills at all. He has like 4 moves total. I don't understand why people would think he's a good wrestler.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lesnar is such a boring wrestler with no microphone skills at all. He has like 4 moves total. I don't understand why people would think he's a good wrestler.
    He may have only four moves that he uses now, but Lesnar's had as extensive a repertoire as anybody else. And besides, it's not the moves themselves that matter, but how he does them. I don't find anything boring about watching a grown man toss other grown men- some the size of a damn Offensive Lineman, around like logs, but I admit I'm easy to please in that fashion. I really like monster heels. And I will also admit: I've gone all in on the booking they've done with Lesnar; from the hardcore title match he absolutely shat upon his first night, to his return in 2012, the transition to UFC. Even NJPW; I've been a Lesnar mark.

He sucks massively on the mic, but he does not lack for charisma at all. He only has four offensive maneuvers that he uses, but the way he uses them is like no other superstar before him. 16 German suplexes in one match, each more different than the last. He's pretty one dimensional, but it's a dimension of unfuckwithability that you only see once in a lifetime.

His ring psychology has always been on point, his asshole persona is played to perfection, his wrestling ability isn't up for debate- despite how many moves he does or doesn't do- he moves like he isn't almost 300 pounds, he's got more stamina than wrestlers half his age and size, and can toss around wrestlers almost twice his own. The same man that made classics with Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit hasn't lost a single step, in spite of his now intentionally limited moveset.

Honestly, I don't get what there isn't to like. But again, I am a biased Lesnar mark, so mileage obviously varies on this subject.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-12-01 at 09:51 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I haven't watched wrestling since I was in grade school so my memory is a little foggy. But I remember really liking Jake the Snake, Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat and Sergeant Slaughter.

The only match that I really remember watching and thinking it was a big deal was Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan.

Growing up, my parents were really into body building so I spent a ton of time in gyms when I was younger. I used to have a stack of signed headshots from people like the Steiner Brothers, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, The Bushwackers and countless others. My best gym/wrestler memory was the time I sat in the locker room and watched the Iron Sheik shave his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Wrestling matches are hilarious! You have two grown men wearing no pants fighting over a belt :P
    are you suggesting that women can't be wrestlers?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano