Thread: Next update?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    You stated "it doesn't mean anything". That seems like downplay to me.

The INTERNAL BUILD is the first step. It is not meaningless.
    We are not hear talking about an official Classic release without the INTERNAL BUILD.

I don't know how long it is going to take to go where we are now, until we have a Playable Classic.
    I don't think Blizzard knows either. They have a lot of pieces to put in place.
    But it doesn't take away the fact that they have a working INTERNAL BUILD.
    It's meaningless in the sense that it's mere existence does not give any clue as to when they are going to make the next update about WoW Classic. Which I do believe is the point of this thread, no?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Or it could be a complete feature for feature replica of the vanilla with zero bugs.
    I can make shit up too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we know you are guessing. You already stated that.
    THere is a reason why they are saying Vanilla Experience and not we are releasing a replica of Vanilla..........BECAUSE IT IS NOT GOING TO BE ANY OF THE VANILLA PATCHES.......now queue the crying.......... if they were going to release a vanilla replica they would have said that......and zero bugs their would not be vanilla with out bug.....hell it would not be any software ever made if it did not have bugs......but hey you are just showing your lack of education in the process of software development......

You are just bitter that we caught rained on your parade and go take that salty flavor back to your parents basement as you like never played original vanilla or were too young to remember it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's meaningless in the sense that it's mere existence does not give any clue as to when they are going to make the next update about WoW Classic. Which I do believe is the point of this thread, no?

I'll quote myself from earlier.

Oh, I agree. A few people in the thread went ape shit when I stated that Blizzard has an internal build.
    Like it meant the release was imminent (it doesn't).

I'm not sure if it is a lack of reading comprehension, or something else.
    Almost like they have a personal agenda to push.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

I'll quote myself from earlier.
    Then stop bringing it up. Let's all just acknowledge the fact that having an internal build made it possible for them to make the announcement that they were going to release WoW Classic and then never bring it up in this discussion again. Fair?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    THere is a reason why they are saying Vanilla Experience and not we are releasing a replica of Vanilla..........BECAUSE IT IS NOT GOING TO BE ANY OF THE VANILLA PATCHES.......now queue the crying.......... if they were going to release a vanilla replica they would have said that......and zero bugs their would not be vanilla with out bug.....hell it would not be any software ever made if it did not have bugs......but hey you are just showing your lack of education in the process of software development......

You are just bitter that we caught rained on your parade and go take that salty flavor back to your parents basement as you like never played original vanilla or were too young to remember it.
    Whoosh....
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

A lot of you seems a bit clueless. What takes a long time to create are the assets, engine , art etc. They already have all that. All they need to do is mostly coding. If they dedicate a team right now, we could have vanilla in 6 months even before the release of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then stop bringing it up. Let's all just acknowledge the fact that having an internal build made it possible for them to make the announcement that they were going to release WoW Classic and then never bring it up in this discussion again. Fair?
    Reread the thread. I was ready to let it go.
    Then you brought up that it meant nothing.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Reread the thread. I was ready to let it go.
    Then you brought up that it meant nothing.
    Because it means nothing to this discussion. It meant something to the "Will Blizzard ever release a Vanilla Server?" discussion. That discussion is over though. Now we are on the "When will Blizzard release their next update regarding WoW Classic" discussion...and repeating "INTERNAL SERVER" means nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it means nothing to this discussion. It meant something to the "Will Blizzard ever release a Vanilla Server?" discussion. That discussion is over though. Now we are on the "When will Blizzard release their next update regarding WoW Classic" discussion...and repeating "INTERNAL SERVER" means nothing.
    Dude... stop. Reread the thread.

Reference to an INTERNAL BUILD was in reply to the people stating that Blizzard hadn't even started yet.
    I added to the OP later (look at the edit times) so people would stop pushing this false narrative.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I guess they hired all those client developers for nothing then since the thing is already made.
    Of course not. Don't try to be edgy.
    Both the client and server code need rework to fit into the modern world.
    Plus, having a dedicated team working on this is needed as it is a separate project from BfA.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    A lot of you seems a bit clueless. What takes a long time to create are the assets, engine , art etc. They already have all that. All they need to do is mostly coding. If they dedicate a team right now, we could have vanilla in 6 months even before the release of BfA.
    most of the assets need to be updated to be properly rendered at 1080P or higher. They are not going to release a game that people are not able to take advantage of their new hardware to play. There will be lipstick on this pig.

10+ Year Old Account
    most of the assets need to be updated to be properly rendered at 1080P or higher. They are not going to release a game that people are not able to take advantage of their new hardware to play. There will be lipstick on this pig.
    I played Nost on a 4k monitor.
    Looked fine.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Dude... stop. Reread the thread.

Reference to an INTERNAL BUILD was in reply to the people stating that Blizzard hadn't even started yet.
    I added to the OP later (look at the edit times) so people would stop pushing this false narrative.
    What they have is a proof of concept. They know they can build a full vanilla server on the new infrastructure. That's what their internal build was for. Just to see that that they can actually make a Vanilla server.

They could improve texture resolution as a minor polish for things to look sharper (less expensive and controversial than model revamp) but it's not mandatory. They can render at absolutely whatever they want the old assets.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they have is a proof of concept.
    While this is probably true, it is opinion worded as fact.
    There are many ways to interpret his quote.

I'm sufficiently happy Blizzard has "something" that allows them to move forward.
    Now we can only sit and wait for the next bit of official info to debate.
    Hoping it is sooner rather than later.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

While this is probably true, it is opinion worded as fact.
    There are many ways to interpret his quote.
    Nothing said here about the INTERNAL BUILD is fact. That is what makes discussing it meaningless in this context. We're all talking about theories here.

Your theory is that they are still building off that internal build.

My theory is they took people off their usual jobs to work on the internal build to see if it was viable in pursuing Vanilla Servers. After they discovered it was they sent those people back to the projects they were working on and began the process of hiring new people to actually create vanilla servers. They are still hiring those people so my assumption is that they haven't proceeded very far from where they were at announcement. I suspect they will use that internal build as a reference point. But again, that's just my theory filled with assumptions and speculations. Take it for whatever you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your theory is that they are still building off that internal build.
    No, that is not my theory at all.
    You don't want to know my theory about the internal build.
    It will cause all sorts of angst.

It surprising how bad reading comprehension is these days.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

No, that is not my theory at all.
    You don't want to know my theory about the internal build.
    It will cause all sorts of angst.

It surprising how bad reading comprehension is these days.
    I assure you I wish for nothing more than to hear your theory about the internal build. I'm sure it will provide us with no small amount of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assure you I wish for nothing more than to hear your theory about the internal build. I'm sure it will provide us with no small amount of entertainment.
    Okay, I will give you a hint.

There is a specific reason they used the word "Reference" in referring to this build.
    Why have a build you are only using as a reference?
    What is wrong with that code?
    Why not use that code moving forward?
    Last edited by Mullet Man; 2017-12-01 at 11:37 PM.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    This is 100% conjecture. The truth is we don't know. Many of the 'it will never happen' crowd like to spread the misinformation that it will take 2-3 years. However, its nothing but bull that is pure made up trash.

If I had to guess id say 6 months to a year but again that's 100% a guess. They don't have to redesign things, its just infrastructure stuff and logistics.
    Doesn't this also fall under the conjecture category...?

I'd be more inclined to believe the 1.5+ years crowd than I am you people saying "it's just infrastructure and logistics"... This is Blizzard, not some rag-tag team of private server people.

I love the fact that even the time-table is a mindghost conjured up by the "not muh Classic!!"-crowd though... As if there aren't plenty of avid Vanilla fans steeling themselves for a long wait.