Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Horde are the underdogs here where they weren't in MOP, that's a huge hint at who the aggressors are in BFA. I don't know what drugs you people are on that are actually expecting Sylvannas to go all Garrosh but you should stop smoking them.

It should be really super obvious otherwise that any xpac that's sort of in the vein of MOP would not feature Horde being the "bad guys" again.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-02 at 01:01 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    The Horde are the underdogs here where they weren't in MOP, that's a huge hint at who the aggressors are in BFA. I don't know what drugs you people are on that are actually expecting Sylvannas to go all Garrosh but you should stop smoking them.

It should be really super obvious otherwise that any xpac that's sort of in the vein of MOP would not feature Horde being the "bad guys" again.
    I actually agree with you, Shakou.

I've just had my faith in the CDev writing team gradually crushed through this part of the Hypecycle. I'm sure I'll feel better, later.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

0%

Like literally winning this war ends the game. There's no way they'll let either side win. All they'll do is the same old stuff they've been doing: something happens that requires a truce of convenience and the horde will mess that up initiating a war that will ensue until something bigger than the war shows up and the cycel repeats itself. After a decade of an MMO and decades of the RTS that cycle is getting really old.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

If any faction will win it will be the alliance. Blizzard will never again let the Horde have any sort of fist pump moment or advantage ever again.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be interesting if this was their story method for merging the factions. One side wins, and the other side becomes second-class citizens for a while.
    Personally think the horde will win, a few well-placed mana bombs and the alliance citizens would be begging their boy-king to surrender the war.
    Whereas Horde society generally have more stomach for that kind of thing.
    Last edited by llubtoille; 2017-12-02 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    zero

but no faction gonna win, they will just make the horde look bad and move on like mop
    All is shaping up to be like this person explained.

The drugs where Sylvanas and Nathanos have been looking forward to marching on Stormwind, where Sylvanas made a pact with Helya to enslave a Titan watcher's second in command for her own gain, and where she has a long history of having no problem killing innocent people to get what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I actually agree with you, Shakou.

I've just had my faith in the CDev writing team gradually crushed through this part of the Hypecycle. I'm sure I'll feel better, later.
    That wasn't really directed at you, there's a few overzealous like probably have an Alliance tattoo types in here tho lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Elekmatos View Post
    If any faction will win it will be the alliance. Blizzard will never again let the Horde have any sort of fist pump moment or advantage ever again.
    Trump supporter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    With the whining Alliance players bitching about every little loss? Zero.

Alliance's chances stand at around 10%. If one side wins it'll be them. Otherwise it's a stalemate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Just like the Alliance didn't win the war, conquered the enemy capital and defeated their leader?
    well, technically, both horde and alliance defeat Garry, thats why i said they will just mak the horde look bad

cause from the alliance fanboys, conquer the enemy capital city and defeat their leader is horde bias

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The drugs where Sylvanas and Nathanos have been looking forward to marching on Stormwind, where Sylvanas made a pact with Helya to enslave a Titan watcher's second in command for her own gain, and where she has a long history of having no problem killing innocent people to get what she wants.
    No the drugs where you think the Alliance are the "Good Guys" and the Horde are the "Bad Guys". The Alliance is literally taking back Lordaeron because they didn't watch the Horde version of the Broken Shore cinematic, they're totally allowing people who use void magic into their ranks, and Jaina and others want blood for past transgressions mainly caused by people that are not even alive anymore.

The only reason you would possibly think that Blizzard is going to do the "obvious" thing and have Sylvannas just be evil is if you're like a hardcore Alliance RPER and take your faction allegiance seriously irl.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-02 at 01:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

what? they make this obvious with the book preview

- - - Updated - - -

No the drugs where you think the Alliance are the "Good Guys" and the Horde are the "Bad Guys". The Alliance is literally taking back Lordaeron because they didn't watch the Horde version of the Broken Shore cinematic.
    blizzard who portrait the horde bad guys and the alliance good guys, no other way around, the attack of lordaeron is jut a retaliation from teldrasil

No the drugs where you think the Alliance are the "Good Guys" and the Horde are the "Bad Guys". The Alliance is literally taking back Lordaeron because they didn't watch the Horde version of the Broken Shore cinematic.
    No, the Alliance are taking back Lordaeron because Sylvanas keeps attacking every single neighboring zone in the area and they are tired of her shit.

The only reason you would possibly think that Blizzard is going to do the "obvious" thing and have Sylvannas just be evil is if you're like a hardcore Alliance RPER and take your faction allegiance seriously irl.
    Or if you apply basic logic and assume that the person who is constantly going on the offensive and attacking other places, and expressing the desire to attack Stormwind, might be the one who attacks something first rather than the person with a long-standing history of trying to avoid conflict unless it is absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-12-02 at 01:40 AM.

I have calculated their odds of winning, 0!- Chief Plot Engineer Ishkar

After 8.0, N'zoth's gonna do his shit, and we'll kick his ass. And, hopefully, we'll fight Azeroth's Void Corrupted Self. And, if we do, or don't fight her, either way, we'll then fight the Void Lords after...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Depends on the superweapon that Sylvanas is hiding up her twat.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

No, the Alliance are taking back Lordaeron because Sylvanas keeps attacking every single neighboring zone in the area and they are tired of her shit.
    Wrong. Sylvannas attacked Gilneas under order from Garrosh. She has not done anything of the sort since then and certainly not post-Legion and for no reason at all. You're just an alliance fanboy/girl that takes your faction allegiance way too seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if you apply basic logic and assume that the person who is constantly going on the offensive and attacking other places, and expressing the desire to attack Stormwind, might be the one who attacks something first rather than the person with a long-standing history of trying to avoid conflict unless it is absolutely necessary.
    You are living ina complete fantasy world irl if you think enemy nations do not regularly draw up plans to potentially invade their enemies.

The important thing about that bit of dialogue concerning Stormwind is that it never happens, and it's discussed because the Alliance and Horde are at war again.

Wrong. Sylvannas attacked Gilneas under order from Garrosh. She has not done anything of the sort since then and certainly not post-Legion and for "no reason at all. You're just an alliance fanboy/girl that takes your faction allegiance way too seriously.
    "It was all Garrosh's fault!"

If you say so. Strange, I don't remember her taking orders from Garrosh during Vanilla when her forces wiped out innocent farmers in Tirisfal, marched on the human settlements in Silverpine, slaughtered the mages outside Dalaran, and killed most of the people in Hillsbrad farms.

I also don't remember Garrosh ordering her to kill the innocent farmers trying to regrow the western plaguelands, or ordering her to plague Southshore, or ordering her to march on Arathi.

It's almost like she's done a bunch of incredibly shady and agressive shit for years even without Garrosh's help.

But no, I'm sure she only mobilized her forces because Garrosh said so and didn't have any ulterior motives at all.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-12-02 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    He has the DKs re-build the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and sends you on a raid of Light's Hope Chapel to steal Tirion Fordring's corpse to be the final horseman.

I think he's at the very least starting to listen to Ner'zhul and think it's his own thoughts while rationalizing away the darkness he's fomenting. Add to that the Cult of the Damned becoming active in Stratholme and other places, and maybe his will was damaged by Arthas and is crumbling under both Ner'zhul and Yogg'Saron.
    I mean, it's one thing to say that Bolvar will eventually fall, and another to say that Sylvanas would be better.

Sylvanas... You know, the person Arthas murdered and enslaved back when he was just a Death Knight and not the Lich King. She's the one who's supposed to resist this irresistible evil when the 'uncorruptable' Bolvar couldn't? And Bolvar was basically the noblest soul ever prior to putting on the Helm of Domination while Sylvanas has already shown herself on numerous occasions to be someone who cares little for morality and will do evil to increase her own power. If Blizz goes that route, it will basically be admitting that they're gonna let Sylvanas do anything regardless of logic just because she's popular.

I also think that, even with the shady shit he's been doing in Legion, Bolvar is still a more ambiguous character than Sylvanas. At least with Bolvar, there is the possibility that he truly believes he is acting in Azeroth's best interests or his judgement is being influenced by Ner'zhul. It's suspect, but it is there. With Sylvanas, we've been inside her head, we've read her thoughts, we know how she views the world and the people around her. She is not a selfless person at all.

It's mostly just meta knowledge that leads people to believe Bolvar is going to go off the rails (i.e., Blizz needs raid bosses and he'd be a good one).

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    None. BFA is just gonna be MoP 2: Electric Boogaloo
    This. No matter what direction they decide to take the story, the ending will inevitably be a disappointment to Alliance and Horde players alike, just like the ending of MoP. That's what will forever make the whole focus on faction conflict, regardless of the expansion, an utter joke: no side can ever actually "win" since that would drastically effect one half of the playerbase. It's stupid, and I really wish Blizzard would stop attempting to shove it down people's throats. It's a big part of the reason why I stopped playing in Cataclysm, and haven't been back since.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

0 chance for both sides winning. Despite all Alliance advantages, Horde has access to mana bombs - basically nukes of Warcraft. Both Theramore and night elves can testify that these are pretty efficient at annihilation of cities if things go south.