Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You're a troll right? Anyone know if he's a troll? I think he's a troll.
    Some people like achievements. This does not make them trolls.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Vanilla was nickname for original wow. Classic is the name of original wow 2.0 project blizzard has yet to release.
    Try harder.

If it’s a vanilla experience then there are no achievements to get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    Vaelastrazs was easier than a modern day LFR boss. People struggled because of threat issues and the fact that it was hard to have 4 or 5 tanks use their brains. And if Flamegor was a cockblock, your raid team was just incompetent.

Again, people need to get it through their thick skulls - in terms of difficulty, Vanilla raiding is an absolute joke compared to today. LFR Kil'Jaeden is harder than any boss in MC or BWL, and probably any boss in AQ40 aside from C'thun.
    Your mistake is that you look at those bosses and compare it with what we have now but its been 12 years and times have changed if everyone had the knowledge and skill they have now and used it back then everyone would have steamrolled through BWL but they didnt /facepalm.

Also look at my quote it sums up my whole answer.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-12-02 at 09:22 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Vanilla was nickname for original wow. Classic is the name of original wow 2.0 project blizzard has yet to release.
    And Blizzard has said they plan on recreating the classic wow experience...for good and for bad. Achievements were not a part of the classic wow experience.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    So if ZG is out you'd skip to that to easily outgear MC right making it trivial? So if ZG isn't out upon release then you should deff get achievement for clearing it before release of ZG.
    Besides the point we dont even know if blizz will add a achievement system to classic coz originaly there wasnt one, you didnt need to run ZG to clear MC coz it wasnt that hard only thing you realy needed was for your tanks to get fire resistance gear for tanking which you had to craft, we stopped running ZG after a while and eventho some bosses might still drop a good item (i remember all paladins wanted the mace from Jin'do) it wasnt worth it.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And Blizzard has said they plan on recreating the classic wow experience...for good and for bad. Achievements were not a part of the classic wow experience.
    Achievements literally have little impact on a vanilla experience. It's simply recognition of completing a goal. It could add world content too. Like kill everytype of critter in the game. It could give people something to do and more reason to log in. Get real. It literally doesn't effect the vanilla gameplay to have achievements.

Achievements literally have little impact on a vanilla experience. It's simply recognition of completing a goal. It could add world content too. Like kill everytype of critter in the game. It could give people something to do and more reason to log in. Get real. It literally doesn't effect the vanilla gameplay to have achievements.
    Then you literally do not need it.

That's true, but if they represent a development cost, I would not vouch for them over something else. If I had to take a modern gameplay-unrelated UI feature (I don't really want that kind of change anyway, but let's say I had to) I would rather take the Calendar or the little alarm clock feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    That's true, but if they represent a development cost, I would not vouch for them over something else. If I had to take a modern gameplay-unrelated UI feature (I don't really want that kind of change anyway, but let's say I had to) I would rather take the Calendar or the little alarm clock feature.
    The calender is a good feature that should be in classic too. It could help people organize pug raids on their servers since there is no cross realm acitivites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Then you literally do not need it.
    You care more about the purity of classic than it's longjevity and population.

I've heard talk of molten core and blacwing lair or maybe onixia becoming easier once you have access to ZG gear. So I'm thinking if they release the patches in order and ZG isn't out as soon as classic releases.. they should also add an ahead of the curve molten core achievement for completing the raid before ZG comes out.
    I really wouldn't mind achieves being added into classic in an ideal world,

The problem though, if you add curve or even just achis for clearing molten core it will change the 'vanilla experience' we will have people who have power level'd through with their guilds or friends and cleared molten core very really quickly then wanting pugs to have the same. Same as we've got in retail - legit yesterday saw people wanting the normal achis for the burning throne because they'd done it on their main and now wanted to do it on a alt. And to me, in vanilla that would be wrong

So the compromise I'd suggest is, have the achi but have it appear on your BFA account, so you can show off you've done it but hopefully it won't effect the classic side.

T
    You care more about the purity of classic than it's longjevity and population.
    I actually don't care that much...I'm just telling you that Blizzard plans on keeping Classic as close to Vanilla as possible. Achievements were not in Vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I really wouldn't mind achieves being added into classic in an ideal world,

The problem though, if you add curve or even just achis for clearing molten core it will change the 'vanilla experience' we will have people who have power level'd through with their guilds or friends and cleared molten core very really quickly then wanting pugs to have the same. Same as we've got in retail - legit yesterday saw people wanting the normal achis for the burning throne because they'd done it on their main and now wanted to do it on a alt. And to me, in vanilla that would be wrong

So the compromise I'd suggest is, have the achi but have it appear on your BFA account, so you can show off you've done it but hopefully it won't effect the classic side.
    That person wanted a run as smooth and quick as possible looking for achievement. Who cares? It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    Vaelastrazs was easier than a modern day LFR boss. People struggled because of threat issues and the fact that it was hard to have 4 or 5 tanks use their brains. And if Flamegor was a cockblock, your raid team was just incompetent.

Again, people need to get it through their thick skulls - in terms of difficulty, Vanilla raiding is an absolute joke compared to today. LFR Kil'Jaeden is harder than any boss in MC or BWL, and probably any boss in AQ40 aside from C'thun.
    This post is complete nonsense. You clearly never raided during Vanilla and are just making things up.

That person wanted a run as smooth and quick as possible looking for achievement. Who cares? It is what it is.
    I think he means without achievements that person would have to gather information via an other way, like possibly gathering information through contacts. Giving maybe more value to guilds because you somehow assume you know them better. Achievements are more efficient, but maybe not better for that. A lot of them just add fun things to do, but maybe it's one of their trade-offs.
    But this is all speculation, maybe it would not happen. Willing to take the risk ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    This post is complete nonsense. You clearly never raided during Vanilla and are just making things up.
    Agreed, it's almost embarrassing to read. LFR Kil'Jaeden harder than Twin Emps? Mmk. Everyone in Vanilla just happened to be retarded, for no real reason, and over the years, everyone including new people to the game magically became exponentially more skilled because reasons and therefore would have no problems at all.

Pro-tip, Zensunni - boss abilities andmechanics alone weren't what made later Vanilla raids hard. You seem to have a very short memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    I think he means without achievements that person would have to gather information via an other way, like possibly gathering information through contacts. Giving maybe more value to guilds because you somehow assume you know them better. Achievements are more efficient, but maybe not better for that. A lot of them just add fun things to do, but maybe it's one of their trade-offs.
    But this is all speculation, maybe it would not happen. Willing to take the risk ?
    Well if there's not achievements I'm sure classic wow armory pages will show your progress like they do for retail.

Group finder and achievements in Vanilla?

How about, no.

Give us a chance to enjoy the content the way it was before you kids go demanding all the modern shit.

It's nonsense for week 1, and your response is exactly why achievements need to stay out of classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    It's nonsense for week 1, and your response is exactly why achievements need to stay out of classic.
    Hopefully classic armory pages are modernized to vet people before raiding with them if there's no achieves. Why take a noob who hasn't cleared over a veteran with a few kills. Am I right? Modern armory pages show kill counts aswell.
    Last edited by rootbeerboy; 2017-12-02 at 09:59 AM.