Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Classic wow leading to tbc

This is probably really early to mention but if blizzard did make the burning crusade server in the future which option would you choose?

Classic wow patch by patch leading to tbc.
    Separate server being able to transfer 60 character from classic wow to tbc. (keeping your character on classic wow so just duplicating onto tbc)
    Separate server starting over not being able to transfer 60 character over to tbc.

if you have another option please say
    Last edited by mmocd303899972; 2017-12-02 at 05:01 AM.

Either of the 2nd 2 choices, first would lead to the problem we have now. Possibly an option to just move your char to TBC and keep it on vanilla also.

Deleted
    yeah i would like to see 2nd option but keeping my character on classic as well

Probably have a better idea of it when the time comes. If classic is very successful then I don't see why not, but if it fails blizzard might just leave it up on life support for a while.

If they made a TBC server I would unsub. #NOCHANGES.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Would probably have to move your current Vanilla character to the TBC one then perhaps yeah. I personally don't mind it

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Lol 2 servers fam.

Maybe after the they'll do wrath then in a few years after that cata oh and then mop? Word then legion classic. No.

I wish they will have separate servers for classic, tbc and wotlk. As Oozlz said, expanding classic with tbc would lead to the very situation we have now i.e. not having classic realms at all.

Leveling through all these expansions was very different from each other so just transferring to new realm doesn't offer a full experience.

Even if they kept the Vanilla server intact and gave an option to copy? You whiny bitches these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    Either of the 2nd 2 choices, first would lead to the problem we have now. Possibly an option to just move your char to TBC and keep it on vanilla also.
    I'd prefer if they took the Runescape route and started developing Classic separately. ie no TBC with all its convenience that ended up hurting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Even if they kept the Vanilla server intact and gave an option to copy? You whiny bitches these days.
    You really didn't notice the sarcasm ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think having the option of a BC server alongside the Vanilla one would be nice. Have the best of both worlds. Base game and it's first ever expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by vcraft View Post
    This is probably really early to mention but if blizzard did make the burning crusade server in the future which option would you choose?

Separate server being able to transfer 60 character from classic wow to tbc. (keeping your character on classic wow so just duplicating onto tbc)
    Separate server starting over not being able to transfer 60 character over to tbc.

Classic should be another game based on how classic worked. TBC had several changes that went against what classic wow was. TBC is like an hybrid between classic wow and retail, no point in having TBC servers why not have pandaria servers while you are at it.

Just two types of WOW is enough, Classic for people that enjoy WOW and retail WOW for retailer. That's it, would be kind of dumb is they made servers for each expansions they ever made.

Copy character to new realm for TBC. The point of playing on retail server compared to private is that it's legit and you actually know you will keep your character. So it feels worth it to actually spend time one it. But I don't want and think they will bring down classic servers, so making new TBC servers and just copy all data to the new servers for characters seems like the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I think having the option of a BC server alongside the Vanilla one would be nice. Have the best of both worlds. Base game and it's first ever expansion.
    Yes, vanilla had it's charm. It was amazing, but TBC was for sure the best version of Dota to date. Classes were balanced but still unique. Raiding was hard but easier to access. PVP was great.

How would it affect you if they added an ADDITIONAL server for TBC?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd only suport this if they :

- Start new Vanilla realms periodically.
    - Allow Veteran Vanilla realms to stay Vanilla.
    - Give the option to Transfer to TBC realm.

Quote Originally Posted by vcraft View Post

You're 3-4 years too early in regards to this discussion, but hey, good for you!

That being said, i have no concerns about this. If classic server is a big success, they'll pop a TBC server for sure, no clue if a fresh realm or just converting the classic one. That would depend entirely on player numbers and retention.

If im having a good time on vanilla, still plowing through Naxxramas or something like that, even if 'late' to the party, i'd be pissed if they'd convert the realm under my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Classic should be another game based on how classic worked. TBC had several changes that went against what classic wow was. TBC is like an hybrid between classic wow and retail, no point in having TBC servers why not have pandaria servers while you are at it.
    I don't know ... if the thought is that Classic is going to bring back old players, and everyone is saying that the raids in Vanilla were piss easy, what exactly are those old players going to do after the first month when they've ROFLStomped through Naxx?

I don't see Classic continuously bringing in new players. Those who really wanted to do it, will jump on it when it launches. And once they've completed Naxx, then what? Experiment over? It only makes sense to lead into TBC at some point.

Then after TBC people will start demanding WOTLK servers and then Cata and MOP.

Why not just come out and say you don't want just Vanilla, you want to turn back the clock and relive retail WoW all over again?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Then after TBC people will start demanding WOTLK servers and then Cata and MOP.

Why not just come out and say you don't want just Vanilla, you want to turn back the clock and relive retail WoW all over again?
    Nah, Blizzard'd stop at Wotlk to relive the original trilogy..