Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    yes, because no race of the horde lost their capital right ? ... oh wait
    Just saying that the Horde gets a pretty elven city while the night elves lose their rickety tree city and will probably remain refugees for the next 7 expansions.

Calm the sass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    This is the big sin about the Alliance, their inborn evil: They're Bigots.
    Lor'themar hit the nail back in the Landfall questline. The Alliance is pretty much the reason the Horde exists, because their bigotry triggers unfair judgement and rash actions based on self-fulfilling prophecies, so the Horde's races feel they have no choice but to unite in order to keep their independancies and cultures alive.

The shitty part of it all is that Blizzard always writes it this way. Horde does something controversial and sketchy, so the Alliance judge them evil as to justify their agressions. It happened with the Purge of Dalaran, it happened with Garrosh, it happened with them fleeing the Broken Shore, it's happening again with Teldrassil.

It's boring and generic.

I think the hard thing with the Alliance allied races is Velves, and to a lesser extent, Lightforged came out of nowhere.

And all 3 of them don’t fit with requiring to do BFA zones in unlocking them. Velves probably fit better than Dark Irons because they are so new. Guess they just want to get emo Elves into the hands of players ASAP.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Every single orc put in those camps were war criminals, the Gilneans right, they should have been executed. Instead the alliance let them breed creating an unneeded ethical dilema because Lordareon needed slave labor I guess.

The decision to build the wall was the right one, and Genn was right to trust his advisors, well, until the whole worgen debacle.
    There were infants in the internment camps when they were built, dude. Aside from a handful of Dragonmaw, Blackrock, and the Bleeding Hollow clan, EVERYONE else was rounded up. Including lil' Thrall.

If you can morally argue that babies should be slaughtered 'cause their parents were war criminals (Which is itself a laughable claim since most members of any society are going to be farmers and support rather than soldiers) then I would seriously suggest checking your ethical compass and realigning that thing away from, like, despotism.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The Nighthold being the only zone under their control and being friendly means that the government is with the Horde. It is only a matter of time untill all of Suramar is under their rule. It is not like whoever controls the rest has any outside support, unlike the Horde's nightborne.
    everything suramar is under the control of thalyssra is just gameplay = / = lore

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Lor'themar hit the nail back in the Landfall questline. The Alliance is pretty much the reason the Horde exists, because their bigotry triggers unfair judgement and rash actions based on self-fulfilling prophecies, so the Horde's races feel they have no choice but to unite in order to keep their independancies and cultures alive.

The shitty part of it all is that Blizzard always writes it this way. Horde does something controversial and sketchy, so the Alliance judge them evil as to justify their agressions. It happened with the Purge of Dalaran, it happened with Garrosh, it happened with them fleeing the Broken Shore, it's happening again with Teldrassil.

It's boring and generic.
    Lol, the Horde right now is just a faction of fake underdogs, hanging on to what happened before. They conquer, they destroy, and then play the oppressed victim when the Alliance reacts to them.

Garrosh and the Orcs following him can drop Mana Bombs but if Jaina threatens to retaliate out of anger and loss, she's the evil one.

Now the Horde is being lead by Lich Queen who tried to enslave Val'kyr, and they still want to act like they're the underdogs. Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard removes the Suramar/Highmountain stuff next PTR update, because it totally clashses with their "B-B-B-BUT ALLIED RACES AREN'T 7.3.5 YOU GUYS!!" narrative.
    those four allied races will come with the pre order, It is so obvious

Deleted
    Logged back in just to say: Tpaartos!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Just saying that the Horde gets a pretty elven city while the night elves lose their rickety tree city and will probably remain refugees for the next 7 expansions.

Calm the sass.
    the truth is a shame, I hate the shit of the factional war

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the truth is a shame, I hate the shit of the factional war
    I'm not a big fan of it either, but I do agree that without it, and it just being Azshara and N'Zoth in BfA, it would feel somewhat.. you know - like a step down.

tfw no character learned from the pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of it either, but I do agree that without it, and it just being Azshara and N'Zoth in BfA, it would feel somewhat.. you know - like a step down.
    It is indeed odd, that somehow it adds to something yet it can be a "..Really? This again?" I just hope if Blizzard wants this faction war to go on(Until it switches to the Eldrich horrors below) it should commit to it and support it. That's my primary concern. Not necessarily related to Allied races either.

I mean the only thing that would not be a step down at this point is fighting the Void Lords or fighting Azeroth herself. I posted some time ago a possible plot where Azshara has spent all this time trying to subsume Azeroth herself and become a Titan which would have allowed for her to be a villain worthy of following up on Argus/Sargeras but I doubt Blizzard will do anything but kill her off.
    I believe ragnarocket or whoever had the theory of Azshara planning to take Azeroth's power for herself and become a Titan. In the sense of her vanity explaining only she deserves such power and glory.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the only thing that would not be a step down at this point is fighting the Void Lords or fighting Azeroth herself. I posted some time ago a possible plot where Azshara has spent all this time trying to subsume Azeroth herself and become a Titan which would have allowed for her to be a villain worthy of following up on Argus/Sargeras but I doubt Blizzard will do anything but kill her off.
    I always thought Blizzard were building up Azshara as some sort of impossible-to-fight enemy, not even because of her raw magical power, but just because of how you can't do anything in her presence that she doesn't allow you to do, what with that passive mind control/suppression aura of hers. We'd either need some sort of MacGuffin to counter it, or perhaps some mindless/already mind-controlled force like the Scourge.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

As much as many people say they don’t care for HvA, their actions say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    As much as many people say they don’t care for HvA, their actions say otherwise.
    I have noticed this as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Logged back in just to say: Tpaartos!
    TPAARTOS!

/10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I really don't. It doesn't interest me, and more often than not, it feels forced.

Deleted
    Lol, the Horde right now is just a faction of fake underdogs, hanging on to what happened before. They conquer, they destroy, and then play the oppressed victim when the Alliance reacts to them.

Garrosh and the Orcs following him can drop Mana Bombs but if Jaina threatens to retaliate out of anger and loss, she's the evil one.

Now the Horde is being lead by Lich Queen who tried to enslave Val'kyr, and they still want to act like they're the underdogs. Lmao.
    Lul. Right, because the Alliance is not holding grudges at all. The Alliance are biggots, arrogant, smug and then play the noble guys who can do only right when they're exposed by anyone.

No one ever justified Garrosh's actions, pretty much everyone was against it. But again, the Alliance generalises and Jaina plans retaliation by flooding a capital full of women and children, but Garrosh is the evil one.

Now the Alliance are harboring Void Elves and still act high and mighty. Lmao.

5+ Year Old Account

The siege of Theramore lasted days before the Horde forces withdrew, under combined assault by Alliance Forces and Kalecgos, giving the civilians plenty of time to escape before the bomb was sent and blew up the port and the military forces that stayed behind.The civilian refugees were later captured and taken to Orgrimmar where they were caged as prisoners of war until the Siege of Orgrimmar when they were released by the Horde and Alliance forces as they secured the city level. The civilians were not treated kindly, but they also weren't slaughtered, even by Garrosh "I'm Totally a Hitler Allegory" Hellscream.

Jaina planned to flood Orgrimmar and drown every single orc, innocent or otherwise, in her grief over losing Rhonin and Theramore.

That you don't see the difference, there, is kind of chilling.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Lul. Right, because the Alliance is not holding grudges at all. The Alliance are biggots, arrogant, smug and then play the noble guys who can do only right when they're exposed by anyone.

No one ever justified Garrosh's actions, pretty much everyone was against it. But again, the Alliance generalises and Jaina plans retaliation by flooding a capital full of women and children, but Garrosh is the evil one.

Now the Alliance are harboring Void Elves and still act high and mighty. Lmao.
    The Alliance isn't 100% good. We have Genn, and he's interesting. But more or less, the Alliance has become the reactive faction, only really doing a thing in response to the Horde doing a bad thing.

And I'm not sure how the Horde can call themselves underdogs when they are lead by Lich Queen.

Also, I'm so sad for the Horde that Garrosh mind controlled all the Horde members with the heart of Y'Shaarj so that they helped Garrosh bomb Theramore and wage war across the world by force. Poor, poor Horde. It was all big bad Garrosh.

And when the Horde helps Sylvanas plaguebomb more innocent human cities, it'll all be Sylvanas using her mind control powers, because the Horde is never responsible for what they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The siege of Theramore lasted days before the Horde forces withdrew, under combined assault by Alliance Forces and Kalecgos, giving the civilians plenty of time to escape before the bomb was sent and blew up the port and the military forces that stayed behind.The civilian refugees were later captured and taken to Orgrimmar where they were caged as prisoners of war until the Siege of Orgrimmar when they were released by the Horde and Alliance forces as they secured the city level. The civilians were not treated kindly, but they also weren't slaughtered, even by Garrosh "I'm Totally a Hitler Allegory" Hellscream.

Jaina planned to flood Orgrimmar and drown every single orc, innocent or otherwise, in her grief over losing Rhonin and Theramore.

That you don't see the difference, there, is kind of chilling.
    Save me your moralizing. Garrosh very specifically told his people to hunt down the fleeing Theramore civilian refugees to bring back to Orgrimmar, which they fully willingly did. Then he used them for target practice, but did you forget that handy little detail?

Jaina out of anger planned to flood all of Orgrimmar for bombing people she cared about and that trusted her to protect them out of existence. It wasn't just Garrosh and Garrosh alone who flew up above Theramore and dropped it. She never flooded anything, but she's the evil one? Save me, lmao. My sides are rocketing out into space.