Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat on point, although like any study there will be questions about whether it really tells the tale neutrally: http://www.newsweek.com/white-men-fi...y-study-723586

Other demographic groups, such as women and nonwhite males, don't place as much importance on guns, the study shows. The professors also found that gun owners on average are typically white, male, married, older and living in rural areas.

“Gun control for these owners has come to represent an attack on their masculinity, independence and moral identity,” Froese said in a statement.
    Let's not make this a race thread either.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It's just anecdotal bruh. I wasn't selling my opinion as some sort of academic research lol. Though judging by this forum and how people can't even comprehend actual data even when organized neatly for them, I suppose my personal experience has just as much weight here lol. Either way when I think of gun owners I just go off my own personal experience: criminals, cops and fat sweaty insecure white dudes lol.
    But that is not being realistic and is biased. Something else to think about.

Of course it's bias. Everyone is bias about everything in life, only data tells us the truth. But we live in a nation that hates facts, so that doesn't do us much good I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, I couldn't possibly be a real cop because I have opinions that bother you.
    you just like making up stories, its pretty clear LOL

at best, you are one of those prison guards that walks and talks like he is an officer, i know your type well LOL

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's bias. Everyone is bias about everything in life, only data tells us the truth. But we live in a nation that hates facts, so that doesn't do us much good I suppose.
    At least you admit it. A good first step. But your statement just now really supports the narrative of the subject of this thread and the news media often. And others feed off it and become a part of the fear mongering associated with firearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    America is a massive country was started by a rebellion. As it expanded people had to protect rely on themselves for protection be it settles from other countries, Natives, or other citizens all with the idea that the people should always be suspicious of the Feds coming to take their rights. Our politicians used to duel when they were in disagreement. An entire movie genre "Westerns" is dedicated to the US and its love of guns and vigilante justice. 200 years later we have a gun problem. Go figure.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1) Melee weapon
    2) Dog
    3) Home security alarm.
    I lived in a nice suburb of Omaha, very little crime.

One night while my car was in the shop, I hear someone fucking with my front door. I look out my upstairs window and see two people trying to get in my house.

I call the cops, put my German Shepard Muray (RIP) in my sons room, and grab my AR and sit at the top of my steps.

A few moments later two individuals come through my door, to be met with a red dot site leveled at the chest (as I was trained 2 to the chest one to the head), and me saying don't move...

They responding by either saying "Cracker or Fucker has a gun and took off running"

Cops showed up 30 minutes later ... seriously Jimmy Johns gets there faster

Since I have friends in the department I found out they caught the guys later that night both armed with machetes .... how do you think that would have played out if I hadn't been armed?

I find that most anti gun people live in some little ivory tower, and thinks everyone has it as good as they do
    Last edited by Maneo; 2017-12-03 at 06:18 AM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    America is a massive country was started by a rebellion. As it expanded people had to protect rely on themselves for protection be it settles from other countries, Natives, or other citizens all with the idea that the people should always be suspicious of the Feds coming to take their rights. Our politicians used to duel when they were in disagreement. An entire movie genre "Westerns" is dedicated to the US and its love of guns and vigilante justice. 200 years later we have a gun problem. Go figure.
    you honestly think USA has a gun problem? with all the real fucking problems we have you think that bullshit 15k dead a year fucking matters?> serious bro? wow you live a good life. talk about ivory fucking towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

I call the cops, put my German Shepard Muray (RIP) in my sons room, and grab my AR and sit at the top of my steps.
    Good call. Use a weapon that will easily penetrate your walls and kill other people in the house. Especially when you are planning on shooting no more then 15 feet down the stairs. Sound choice of guns.

A few moments later two individuals come through my door, to be met with a red dot site leveled at the chest (as I was trained 2 to the chest one to the head), and me saying don't move...
    No. No one trained you that way. This is what people who have seen way to many movies say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    you honestly think USA has a gun problem? with all the real fucking problems we have you think that bullshit 15k dead a year fucking matters?> serious bro? wow you live a good life. talk about ivory fucking towers.
    ROFL!

When seeking a solution to preventable problems is akin to living in a ivory tower.

The US does have a gun problem. When its not uncommon to hear about some kid shooting up his school because he found mommy's gun, someone with shooting up a public area with their arsenal of legal guns, felons gaining access to guns because theres too many guns in the wild to keep track of, an illegal immigrant accidentally shooting on woman because he found a gun in public, America has a fucking gun problem.

The problem is when people like you equate someone commenting on America's gun problem with "we need to repel the 2nd Amendment". Like saying a fat person should completly stop eating because they have problem with overeating. Its far too easy to get a gun in the country, be it legal or illegal means because There is a gun for every person in the US, which is excessive to say that least, no wonder even felons have no problem securing a firearm. And portion of the country equates making it harder for people who shouldn't have guns to the government taking their guns away where in reality the government doesn't give a shit about your gun. And do you actually think you could stop the US federal government, operator of the strongest military on Earth by far, from taking your guns if they wanted to? If it ever came to civilians having to arm themselves against the might of the US's armed forces...those people are fucked.

America has a gun problem.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    ROFL!

When seeking a solution to preventable problems is akin to living in a ivory tower.

The US does have a gun problem. When its not uncommon to hear about some kid shooting up his school because he found mommy's gun, someone with shooting up a public area with their arsenal of legal guns, felons gaining access to guns because theres too many guns in the wild to keep track of, an illegal immigrant accidentally shooting on woman because he found a gun in public, America has a fucking gun problem.

The problem is when people like you equate someone commenting on America's gun problem with "we need to repel the 2nd Amendment". Like saying a fat person should completly stop eating because they have problem with overeating. Its far too easy to get a gun in the country, be it legal or illegal means because There is a gun for every person in the US, which is excessive to say that least, no wonder even felons have no problem securing a firearm. And portion of the country equates making it harder for people who shouldn't have guns to the government taking their guns away where in reality the government doesn't give a shit about your gun. And do you actually think you could stop the US federal government, operator of the strongest military on Earth by far, from taking your guns if they wanted to? If it ever came to civilians having to arm themselves against the might of the US's armed forces...those people are fucked.

America has a gun problem.
    its actually extremely uncommon, you just spend too much time watching network news and on the internet LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rumzlug View Post
    Good call. Use a weapon that will easily penetrate your walls and kill other people in the house. Especially when you are planning on shooting no more then 15 feet down the stairs. Sound choice of guns.
    Who was shooting at walls, or is literacy hard for you?

They were at my front door, I was no more then 10ft away, so I wouldn't miss. Even if I did it would have just went into the golf course

HK-93 would be over kill, shot gun had to much spread, and 9mm was at the gun smith, suppose I could have used my crossbow but with two people that didn't seem wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumzlug View Post
    No. No one trained you that way. This is what people who have seen way to many movies say.
    Wow we got a smart guy. Try again

Two years as a government contractor Offuit Air Force Base Nebraska, armed security, also 2 years armed security Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant Nebraska
    Last edited by Maneo; 2017-12-03 at 06:27 AM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Who was shooting at walls, or is literacy hard for you?

They were at my front door, I was no more then 10ft away, so I wouldn't miss. Even if I did it would have just went into the golf course

Wow we got a smart guy. Try again

Two years as a government contractor Offuit Air Force Base Nebraska, armed security, also 2 years armed security Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant Nebraska
    its funny he mentions you watching movies, in the same post he mentions bullets going through walls, like you are gonna be john wicking around the house in circles fucking up 30 dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    its actually extremely uncommon, you just spend too much time watching network news and on the internet LOL
    i dont even know the last time i heard about a school shooting, guess its been a slow news year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    its funny he mentions you watching movies, in the same post he mentions bullets going through walls, like you are gonna be john wicking around the house in circles fucking up 30 dudes.
    Only in paint ball....

I wish = (

I find that most anti gun people live in some little ivory tower, and thinks everyone has it as good as they do
    Well don't assume that about me because you would be highly wrong. Like I said I'm not against owning guns, I am against how easy it is to get them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's just anecdotal bruh. I wasn't selling my opinion as some sort of academic research lol. Though judging by this forum and how people can't even comprehend actual data even when organized neatly for them, I suppose my personal experience has just as much weight here lol. Either way when I think of gun owners I just go off my own personal experience: criminals, cops and fat sweaty insecure white dudes lol.
    consider for a moment. that other people you have encountered were gun owners as well. they just had their guns put away, or were better at concealing them. just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Yeah maybe he can yell at the burglar in his home "hey I would have shot you before you stabbed my wife, but did you know I'm more likely to shoot a family member than you?"
    Again, for low information voters, you're more likely to use that gun on yourself or a loved one than you ever are in self defense. In our out of the home. Over 2 times more likely. So let's stop using the home defense argument because not only are guns not the only home defense option pretty much all other options are less lethal to the people who live in the home day tod ay.

Secondly let's look at the intent of the burgle. They want to steal your stuff to make money off of. 99% of them don't want to fight you because fighting you means they get to steal less of your stuff and make less money and often times means they get to steal no stuff. Over 85% of home break ins occur while the occupants aren't home. That means your gun is 100% useless in the overwhelming majority of cases for defending either you or your property. Already the math isn't looking to good for the home defense and we haven't even gotten to the fact that about 60% of the remaining 15% where an occupant is home result in no physical altercations because the second the thief realize you're home they book it because again they want to steal your shit not fight/murder/rape you. Of the remaining 5-6% that results in a physical altercation your wide access to guns also means that the thief is vastly more likely to have a gun because easy of access among legal owners is directly related to how cheap/easy it is for illegal owners to acquire one. Big reason why a black market gun in Australia is orders of magnitude more than it is int he u.s.. Limiting gun access means the thief is less likely to have one and plenty of things like mace, taser's, etc that allow you to defend yourself and reduce your chance to die from the home invader and reduce the chance of you killing them.

If you were really concerned about home defense as it relates to the safety of your loved ones you'd own a dog but not a gun. Dog works almost 100% of the time including when you're at work or shopping and the breed is not a statistically significant factor. Basically it's the presence of a noise maker and dogs, unlike guns, generally have positive impacts on the health and happiness of the occupants in addition to deterring thieves.

And that guy coming in to rape your wife or murder your child 90% of the time is someone you know, not some random person. So the 1st statement applies.

As for your whole Tyrannical government nonsense I say this as a person who has more family that owns guns than not and plans to purchase guns when I have the ability myself, more because of my gf than my personal desire to own a gun, and honestly if you're my best hope to stop a tyrannical government while you vote for the policies you do? We're fucked. We are totally absolutely fucked because you're the person who's gonna vote us into the situation where we'd need to fight the government.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-12-03 at 06:45 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hehe. We only have the rights the law gives us. Not that I disagree with your fundamental stance on it however.
    hehe. wrong. I don't need the law to tell me that it's ok to defend my and my family's life. that's an ill-informed statement you just made.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Again, for low information voters, you're more likely to use that gun on yourself or a loved one than you ever are in self defense. In our out of the home. Over 2 times more likely. So let's stop using the home defense argument because not only are guns not the only home defense option pretty much all other options are less lethal to the people who live in the home day tod ay.

Secondly let's look at the intent of the burgle. They want to steal your stuff to make money off of. 99% of them don't want to fight you because fighting you means they get to steal less of your stuff and make less money and often times means they get to steal no stuff. Over 85% of home break ins occur while the occupants aren't home. That means your gun is 100% useless in the overwhelming majority of cases for defending either you or your property. Already the math isn't looking to good for the home defense and we haven't even gotten to the fact that about 60% of the remaining 15% where an occupant is home result in no physical altercations because the second the thief realize you're home they book it because again they want to steal your shit not fight/murder/rape you. Of the remaining 5-6% that results in a physical altercation your wide access to guns also means that the thief is vastly more likely to have a gun because easy of access among legal owners is directly related to how cheap/easy it is for illegal owners to acquire one. Big reason why a black market gun in Australia is orders of magnitude more than it is int he u.s.. Limiting gun access means the thief is less likely to have one and plenty of things like mace, taser's, etc that allow you to defend yourself and reduce your chance to die from the home invader and reduce the chance of you killing them.

If you were really concerned about home defense as it relates to the safety of your loved ones you'd own a dog but not a gun. Dog works almost 100% of the time including when you're at work or shopping and the breed is not a statistically significant factor. Basically it's the presence of a noise maker and dogs, unlike guns, generally have positive impacts on the health and happiness of the occupants in addition to deterring thieves.

And that guy coming in to rape your wife or murder your child 90% of the time is someone you know, not some random person. So the 1st statement applies.

As for your whole Tyrannical government nonsense I say this as a person who has more family that owns guns than not and plans to purchase guns when I have the ability myself, more because of my gf than my personal desire to own a gun, and honestly if you're my best hope to stop a tyrannical government while you vote for the policies you do? We're fucked. We are totally absolutely fucked because you're the person who's gonna vote us into the situation where we'd need to fight the government.
    only to a stupid fucking idiot would that cut out the self defense reply. like i give a fuck what the gun is most likely to do in somebody else hands, only thing that matters is how i handle it, so throw your shit stats out the fucking window stat boy.

ps the meanest dog dont do shit when you throw him a steak with peanut butter... real life tip

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post

Cool story bro.

Fun fact. I stopped reading after the second sentence. You wasted a good 20 min of your life responding to my comment, and I didn't even read it.

Lol