Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Been maining DH since the beginning, but I feel no need to bitch and moan about every decision Blizzard makes. They have their own tools to see what class over or underperforms regardless of the feedback they get.

I do my thing, perform well in raids and just have fun.

It doesn't have to be all serious and shit for me anymore and I've been playing for way too long to require input from others to do well.
    The thing is, if we actually looked, you'd be green-blue parsing, and in a group full of people who are terrible, so while you think you're performing well, in the absolute you're nowhere close.

Running a tenth of a marathon with a bunch of 700lb people and finishing 3rd doesn't mean you're an Olympic athlete.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I hate about the current state of DH is havoc's running speed is tied to Mastery, and Mastery is the bottom pit stat now. I hate running slow.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    The thing is, if we actually looked, you'd be green-blue parsing, and in a group full of people who are terrible, so while you think you're performing well, in the absolute you're nowhere close.

Running a tenth of a marathon with a bunch of 700lb people and finishing 3rd doesn't mean you're an Olympic athlete.
    Even though you're basically talking out of your ass, what does it matter? Maybe you're bad enough that your performance alone drags the entire raid down but not everyone is burdened with such a problem.

Without trying too hard my overweight guild and I cleared ToS mythic well ahead of Antorus while for the most part having a laugh and not stressing too much - isn't that part of what playing this game is about? It is for us. And I'd much rather play with those terrible people over someone with his head up his own ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormragerr View Post
    DH is in a good spot as a class, in my opinion. We are middle of the pack to low end of the pack but that's fine, the problem is with the tier design and how they are bottlenecking us into to playing whatever playstyle they deem we should be on.
    No being middle to low end of the pack is NOT fine. Why? because we are just not going to be taken to all progressive fights and are last priority on tier right now until the issue is fixed (if it will ever be). I'm not talking about heroic or 3/9 M guilds here obviously.
    Last edited by GamerDH; 2017-12-04 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'm in the process of re-rolling to my Warrior.

I completely N Antorus last night and 4 bosses of Heroic.

The same 2 Affliction Warlocks shit all over me.

Who thought it was a good idea to start a new raid with the exact same class balance?

Shit is a joke. DH is a joke.
    Should reroll aff lock and have a 3 way race!

I seem to remember a 13,000 Post discussion about Demon Hunters and what could/couldn't be done to help us out spread out over 3-4 different Threads.. It got a few Blue replies but changed.. Nothing. At all. We've gotten the Nerf bat every single patch this expansion and I expect similar treatment in BfA. They don't give 2 shits about Demon Hunters from the looks of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The thing I hate about the current state of DH is havoc's running speed is tied to Mastery, and Mastery is the bottom pit stat now. I hate running slow.
    Mastery is a BIS stat in everything aside from t20, running the physical talents on that row (first blood) just redirects a ton of damage from chaos to physical which isn't increased by mastery

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'm re-rolling.

Antorus tuning pass just went live and we got nothing.

15% is too low.

40% is too high.

15% is fine.
    I think it has to do with fact that they don't have data on us. People are either re-rolling or still wearing T20 (either by choice or just not being handed T21 by guild).

So then they will just get data from Heroic and DH will be screwed.

This is basically the same cycle that literally every new class has gone through. Starts off popular, the dev team can't dedicate the resources to continually tune them, the community evaporates, class remains untuned because there's no real feedback coming in, class eventually picks back up in an expansion or two. It's a weird cycle and why you've seen the same people in the community hop through all of the new classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Even though you're basically talking out of your ass, what does it matter? Maybe you're bad enough that your performance alone drags the entire raid down but not everyone is burdened with such a problem.

Without trying too hard my overweight guild and I cleared ToS mythic well ahead of Antorus while for the most part having a laugh and not stressing too much - isn't that part of what playing this game is about? It is for us. And I'd much rather play with those terrible people over someone with his head up his own ass.
    "I like being amongst 700lb people, it's a lot more fun running a tenth of marathon than caring at all about anyone's performance."

I leveled one to 110 and couldnt bring myself to continue , simply due to (subjective) lack of utility. I noticed some other thread about the utility and the main argument being sigils. For me as tank this just didnt cut it. The entire class feels very selfish, especially if you go questing with someone. Also the constant need of jumping/gliding (notice dhs in dungs too, constantly being APM crazy) just wasnt my cup of tea. I met some exceptions but i think the class itself atracts mainly younger players (compared to me) and they just see this community thing entirely differently.
    Second reason might be the fact that its the newest class - you see some classes really have hardcore fans and those are mainly from the originals non hero classes. But DK seems to be also established quite well already. Now monk seems to be something between DK and DH when it comes to forums. I simply noticed because im in process going through classes with tank spec after i came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    veng is amazing, what you talking about
    I think this is the confusion. Vengeance is the most fun tank spec in the game by a pretty large margin. Also the veng community is pretty outspoken about how great it is. So you're kind of fighting against your veng brethren.

I agree that havoc is awful and I wouldn't want to raid with it, so it's hard for veng players to raid with a DH. Most guilds don't need a tank, and the thought of raiding as havoc is enough to discourage them. I'd put myself in this camp.

So it's dk until BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    I think this is the confusion. Vengeance is the most fun tank spec in the game by a pretty large margin. Also the veng community is pretty outspoken about how great it is. So you're kind of fighting against your veng brethren.

I agree that havoc is awful and I wouldn't want to raid with it, so it's hard for veng players to raid with a DH. Most guilds don't need a tank, and the thought of raiding as havoc is enough to discourage them. I'd put myself in this camp.

So it's dk until BFA.
    Not sure if you're just quoting me as an example of someone who loves Veng or you thought I was being sarcastic (I wasn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Not sure if you're just quoting me as an example of someone who loves Veng or you thought I was being sarcastic (I wasn't)
    No I was being serious (and using your quote as the example). Most vengeance players are in love with the spec, for good reason.

It would be fantastic to be able to raid on my DH in havoc spec, and M+ on veng.

Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    We ripped our own eyes out, it's just that we don't even register the nerf bat hitting us.
    +1

/10chars

I honestly think a third spec would bring in a lot more players. I know about 7 DH players who have re-rolled because of the lack of variety. You play a single dps spec throughout the entire expansion or switch to tank which many players don't like to do because of the added responsibilities that come with tanking. Let's take Warrior for example, you have two dps specs you can freely switch between when you get bored of one. Demon Hunters on the other hand only have the option of changing some talents around.

You may think this is a small issue but it's really not. The class needs a new spec if it's going to thrive and not be forgotten by most. Hell, I myself am getting pretty burned out from only playing one spec. Back when I played my Druid I had four specs to play with. So from what I've been seeing players have been getting bored of the choices presented to them, they can't switch to another dps spec because there isn't one, they don't want to tank so they just end up re-rolling. It happens time and time again and it's sad for such a cool class imo.

Give Demon Hunters a third spec, players who got bored will potentially come back, new players will play and you'll get a lot more people dedicated to this class and with said dedication will come more dialogue with Blizzard about the state of the class and how the player-base is feeling.

And don't give me the whole "I'd rather we have 2 specs instead of a 3'd that's a total asspull" crap the devs want you to believe. There are plenty of ways you can create a third spec that wouldn't be a complete ass pull. Just look at some of the DH npcs in game. Hell you can make the third spec be ranged somehow or you can have them be a more slow paced attacker instead of the fast paced havoc spec. The possibilities are endless.

Anyway, I'm hoping some of you agree with me that DH having only two specs was a mistake from day one.

7+ Year Old Account
    dude, play vengence demon hunter and be the best flag carrier in the game by a fucking mile... its literally insane and im suprised blizzard has not touched it at all. When a vengence demon hunter can go to the enemy flag room, grab it, and make it back as the opposite flag carrier is just leaving the base with the flag... holy fuck balls.

grab a monk healer who can keep up with their massive amount of movement, and your a demi god of flag carrying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    I honestly think a third spec would bring in a lot more players. I know about 7 DH players who have re-rolled because of the lack of variety. You play a single dps spec throughout the entire expansion or switch to tank which many players don't like to do because of the added responsibilities that come with tanking. Let's take Warrior for example, you have two dps specs you can freely switch between when you get bored of one. Demon Hunters on the other hand only have the option of changing some talents around.

You may think this is a small issue but it's really not. The class needs a new spec if it's going to thrive and not be forgotten by most. Hell, I myself am getting pretty burned out from only playing one spec. Back when I played my Druid I had four specs to play with. So from what I've been seeing players have been getting bored of the choices presented to them, they can't switch to another dps spec because there isn't one, they don't want to tank so they just end up re-rolling. It happens time and time again and it's sad for such a cool class imo.

Give Demon Hunters a third spec, players who got bored will potentially come back, new players will play and you'll get a lot more people dedicated to this class and with said dedication will come more dialogue with Blizzard about the state of the class and how the player-base is feeling.

And don't give me the whole "I'd rather we have 2 specs instead of a 3'd that's a total asspull" crap the devs want you to believe. There are plenty of ways you can create a third spec that wouldn't be a complete ass pull. Just look at some of the DH npcs in game. Hell you can make the third spec be ranged somehow or you can have them be a more slow paced attacker instead of the fast paced havoc spec. The possibilities are endless.

Anyway, I'm hoping some of you agree with me that DH having only two specs was a mistake from day one.
    Anecdotal evidence isn't really strong enough evidence.

There's people who main DPS on classes that only have one DPS spec. (Like I play paladin, but I hate holy, so the spec might as well not even exist to me)
    There are people who main pure DPS classes but refuse to touch anything but their preferred spec (I know several hunters who refuse to touch anything but Beast Mastery).

You may not like only having two specs. That's fine, you have classes to pick for that, like druid. There's bound to be people who agree, yes.
    But that doesn't mean slapping another spec on the class is going to drastically improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post

We don't need a to bring in a "lot more players" though. Everyone and their mother has a DH. Blizzard even said so.. something like 7 million accounts created one at launch. So your measily 7 friends who quit DH is actually a good thing. As for specs... DH is not unique in having just one. Priests have just one dps spec. So do paladins.

As for DHs themselves, we have varieties in playing (demonic vs chaos blades is a good example) as is momentum. So yea we had plenty of ways to play them this expansion. Thats not to say a third spec wouldn't be nice but ... I'm not looking for a healer spec.. thats for sure. That is totally out of the question as is a ranged DPS variety. If you want ranged go play a mage or warlock please. Stop asking for DH to be ranged. If anything I'd like to see more choices or some of these sub specs like Demonic or Chaos Blades fleshed out more into their own specs.

My original post concerned more mythic concerns. There are still plenty of people who alt/or play DHs in LFR/Normal/Heroic. Mythic side has been encouraging players to switch to another class for various reasons. This in turn has ended up with lopsided feedback on official forums. People making comments and wish lists based on their experiences in LFR for example (needs and wishes that dont always click well or work for mythic DH raiders).
    Last edited by GamerDH; 2018-04-06 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerDH View Post
    As for DHs themselves, we have varieties in playing (demonic vs chaos blades is a good example) as is momentum. So yea we had plenty of ways to play them this expansion
    No. Blizz forced dh to play with a difined build set after set. On average to top parse we almost always had the same build from boss one to the last boss of the raid. I dont call that varieties.... our talent are a complete mess with so many dead one.... the demo vs mono build was real during t20 in mythic + donjon but not even in raid environment.

Same for the aotg legendary, which is/was the only way to decrease the ressource issue, unsolved from patch one.