Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Typically it's a test if you are good at flirting you are probably a decent person, if you are bad at it, then you are probably a creep.
    Don't forget the psychopaths, they exists and can seem very normal.

It's a skill at which you can get better simply by doing it. Never has trial and error been that effective in learning something new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Typically it's a test if you are good at flirting you are probably a decent person, if you are bad at it, then you are probably a creep.
    If you are hot, you can get away with anything...if you are not, simply saying hello can translate to being a creep.

I'd say it's something you can learn, but as with a lot of stuff...if you haven't learned at the age of 18...you need someone to actively teach you or at the very least wingman you until you can do without stressing it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    If you are hot, you can get away with anything...if you are not, simply saying hello can translate to being a creep.

I'd say it's something you can learn, but as with a lot of stuff...if you haven't learned at the age of 18...you need someone to actively teach you or at the very least wingman you until you can do without stressing it too much.
    No you can't get away with anything if you are hot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    No you can't get away with anything if you are hot.
    It's a figure of speech. But don't even bother denying that looking good doesn't get you away with a lot of shit...especially if you are a woman. This isn't even me hating on those who do as I'd do it myself if I could...envy more so.

I've seen attractive people get away with a slap on the wrist where some ugly fucker who worked twice as hard got fired for doing the same exact thing, in multiple fields in different situations. Granted, they all deserved to be fired...but some simply didn't, and it wasn't their shining personality that got them off.

It's genetic. If you don't have the flirt gene you will only be able to talk to people of your own gender for all of eternity.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I think you can train it, but you can't fake real confidence.

It is a skill. Granted, the skill is modified by attractiveness and charisma.

Being a good flirt is tied to being good looking, if you are not you will be seen as creepy or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Flirting is easier when you're nice to look at.
    This , otherwise its creepy or sexual harassment. If u look great even if u are not great talker they gonna be like " omg he is so shy and cute ". Happened to a friend of mine .so unfair to us uggos xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Being a good flirt is tied to being good looking, if you are not you will be seen as creepy or worse.
    It is believing that you are good looking yourself. Confidence plays a big part in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No just don’t unzip your pants during hot yoga. That’s frowned upon.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The natural part is how attractive you are in general, and then you learn how to flirt!
    I wasn't the best talker out there when younger, but in my older days I've become more experienced.