Rogue Leveling Ease

Okay, weird question time. I hadn't touched my Rogue since WoD, but I've been on an Alt leveling blitz, so I figured it would be a good time to cap him. He's not geared at all (like 655) but whatever, I've had other classes at lower ilvls for the start of Legion. Here's the thing...

Why is the Rogue leveling experience so ridiculously more irritating than any other class?

He's just infuriatingly squishy. Like to an almost comical level. I started leveling as Sub just to try it out, but fights take a long time and I'm left at half health or lower most of the time. This is my last class to level and it's by far the most annoying. I'm blowing cooldowns constantly to get through multi-mob fights, where with every other class they were more or less faceroll.

Granted, could be 100% a problem behind the keyboard. Maybe the class in Legion isn't the right one for me. But considering every other class I've leveled was cake, something seems weird.

Am I missing something? Am I just terrible? Is the Rogue just a poor class for open world content?

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are squishy though. You’re wearing leather, not mail or plate. Plus that’s an absurdly low ilvl. Like, really. He probably has no hp.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Marked for death should help a lot. I haven't leveled a rogue in Legion but I imagine at least one of the three specs is more than capable of blowing up single targets quickly with correct talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Rogues are squishy though. You’re wearing leather, not mail or plate. Plus that’s an absurdly low ilvl. Like, really. He probably has no hp.
    Yeah, but every other class has been cake (including Mage, Priest, Warlock, Druid, Monk, Demon Hunter...). The leather shouldn't be the issue here. And yup, 655 is low, but consider that a boosted character starts at 640 and is perfectly fine. There's a definite disconnect here.

Use stuns, attack only 1 at a time and specc sub or outlaw for leveling. Outlaw can pull even large groups with cds.
    I don't know but maybe you play just wrong. Remember to get to 5 cp before using finisher. I am serious, i know people who spammed Saber Slash followed by Run Trough all the time (1-2 cp finisher) and complained about not doing damage.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    Use stuns, attack only 1 at a time and specc sub or outlaw for leveling. Outlaw can pull even large groups with cds.
    I don't know but maybe you play just wrong. Remember to get to 5 cp before using finisher. I am serious, i know people who spammed Saber Slash followed by Run Trough all the time (1-2 cp finisher) and complained about not doing damage.
    I appreciate the advice. It's more or less what I'd figured. I've looked into optimal leveling talents and strategy and I've played around with them.

I'm not saying that leveling is too difficult and can't be done, rather I'm just saying that the gap between Rogue and the other classes feels really large when it comes to ease of leveling. With every other class, I could not even look at the screen and flick through 3 buttons and level just fine. With the Rogue, it requires constant attention and cool down use to move forward. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it feels weird that one class seems so much worse at leveling than the others.

I leveled my rogue at the start of the expansion with Blackrock Foundry NORMAL gear. I swapped between Outlaw and Sub and couldn't decide wich one was more fun. Never stopped to ask myself if I'm squishy - I'm a rogue so I just bursted everything down, used cds when needed , avoided/saped/vanished fights I don't want to have . With OL you will be more mobile, with Sub you will have less to no downtime if you take Soothing darkness. Things just died at normal to good speed without giving much trouble. If anything leveling a rogue for me was the most enjoyable and fast character to level. So many trash packs avoided in caves and hard to reach places before you reach the quest item/mob .
    Last edited by Hellbourn; 2017-12-03 at 01:56 PM.

1) All classes are squishy if you aren't geared when you start Legion - this balances out after about an hour of questing when you get appropriate gear. I had major troubles with my priest/Dk/Shaman/Druid because they were coming in with leveling greens from WoD.

2) Go Outlaw. Go MFD - you will be destroying mobs.

#showtooltip
    /cast Combo Point Maker
    /cast Marked For Death

Use Anticipation Talent.

/cast Finisher @ 5-6 combo points

You will finish of mobs so fast and will never lose a combo point because reasons.
    be aware, be awake, and you won't be fake

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Okay, weird question time. I hadn't touched my Rogue since WoD, but I've been on an Alt leveling blitz, so I figured it would be a good time to cap him. He's not geared at all (like 655) but whatever, I've had other classes at lower ilvls for the start of Legion. Here's the thing...

Why is the Rogue leveling experience so ridiculously more irritating than any other class?

He's just infuriatingly squishy. Like to an almost comical level. I started leveling as Sub just to try it out, but fights take a long time and I'm left at half health or lower most of the time. This is my last class to level and it's by far the most annoying. I'm blowing cooldowns constantly to get through multi-mob fights, where with every other class they were more or less faceroll.

Granted, could be 100% a problem behind the keyboard. Maybe the class in Legion isn't the right one for me. But considering every other class I've leveled was cake, something seems weird.

Am I missing something? Am I just terrible? Is the Rogue just a poor class for open world content?
    I actually have absolutely zero issues leveling as rogue, I think it's the best class to level as. Stealth is extremely useful and saves a ton of time, and the natural burst of rogue you can blast through multiple mobs with blade fury, or nuke a single mob. As outlaw, you have 2 self heals, and 3 different mitigation talents, 1 has no cooldown, and the other 2 with CDs are affected by your natural cooldown reduction. Hell once you hit raiding, if you are feeling cheeky or simply confident in not taking excessive splash damage you can cheese mechanics with Shroud constantly throughout fights.