Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This boss has been 1 of the biggest jokes ever in this expansion.

It shares the spot with Xavius for being way too easy and uninteresting, and makes KJ look like a brick wall.

First off, there are barely any mechanics. The only thing I had to do in our 2 split runs was run to an orb in P1 to get DPS increase, move from big mean cone with 2 second cast time. Dodge some very obvious lines in P2 every 10 seconds. P3 you had again some lines and had to interrupt 1 specific cast. Then P4 is just afk and nuke boss while switching to orbs every 30s or something and dodge small swirly circles.

Like there is NOTHING going on. It's literally a free kill for any guild as long as they can assign healing/raid CDs to key parts of the fight.

Even our Healers were asking if there was supposed to be some raid damage in p2, because they had nothing to do.

I remember Archimonde being a huge brickwall for even higher up Mythic guilds, but this boss is just a joke.
    Why are you complaining that the trainingwheel difficulty is too easy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Why are you complaining that the trainingwheel difficulty is too easy?
    Because it's usually a lot more difficult than in Antorus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Heroic Argus the Unmaker loot is 955 base.

ilvl is irrelevant to compare that way this expansion anyways. You're not even close to having over 940 in all slots at a 945 average when you factor in 2 ilvl 1000 legos and a 970+ weapon.
    I haven't upgraded my legendaries yet, haven't bothered with the emissary quests since January/February since we've over-geared every single raid at its release anyway and I've had the legendaries I've wanted since then. Three of my items are below 940, a 930 trinket, 935 boots and 930 gloves. The rest of my items are 940 or above.

I don't mind this raid being easier because it just means my guild might actually go into mythic passed the first 3 bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    It's not semantics when you claim mythic didn't exist in wrath when it clearly did. Ulduar didn't have a limitation on number of attempts, the only limitation was Algalon with the one hour per week. But I suppose that must have slipped your mind eh?
    Never said otherwise but whatever fits your narrative, bud..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I didn't see a single person with ilvl 920 apply for heroic Antorus, and I've seen hundreds of applicants.

It's also hard to imagine anybody who actually played during previous patch has ilvl 920.

Who is Blizzard tuning heroic for?
    He's talking bullshit. Set ilvl for heroic argus during ptr testing was 940.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    He's talking bullshit. Set ilvl for heroic argus during ptr testing was 940.
    It was 935.

Deleted
    Most people need that high itemlevel because they cant pull numbers with less than 940. I myself am 926-8 and pull numbers adequate for hc. But people from the guild I am in make alot of mistakes so gotta cover for that so the dps will be lower than it should.

Deleted
    I agree with OP, my guild (running 2 splits ~940 ilvl) took about 5 pulls before defeating coven/aggramar, then we reach Argus and it was a oneshot even with people failing and dying to random. It's EXTREMELY undertuned, i remember reaching KJ with relative same ilvl (~915) and it tooks 10 attempts or so; and guldan was much harder too.
    People saying OP is bragging about how good his guild is, clearly don't understand how EASY this boss is compared to other final raid bosses on this expansion (except Xavius) or even other bosses in the raid.
    The whole raid is extremely badly tunned (except Coven+Aggramar that are fine for heroic last bosses); Blizzard clearly couldn't understand that even people that only raid HC and do +10s every week are already sitting on 940+ ilvl due to titanforging, crafted 935s and ilvl 1k legos.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
    Most people need that high itemlevel because they cant pull numbers with less than 940. I myself am 926-8 and pull numbers adequate for hc. But people from the guild I am in make alot of mistakes so gotta cover for that so the dps will be lower than it should.
    About that "adequate" dps... Imonar's 3rd phase on hc is supposed to be the "burn" phase, because stacks on tanks do not expire and very soon the damage becomes unhealable and wipes the raid. Guess what? With my pug, consisting of 10 basically random people (6 dps in total) we reached that phase with 2 dpsers dead (meaning raid dps was 33% lower than it should) and we still managed to kill him... such tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I am not one to complain about under-tuning. But, from previous experience this did go down a little quick - even for my casual guild. I think this be a ploy to get people to push to mythic raiding. If heroic is a little on the faceroll side, I think rather than boringly farming this raid endlessly they will feel the need for more challenge and push mythic where they would not have in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    Never said otherwise but whatever fits your narrative, bud..
    Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    HM's and mythic are completely different as well because of the limited attempts associated with HM's
    Don't bother replying. Since the only thing you seem capable of doing is spout complete nonsense and contradict yourself, I'll put you on ignore as you're nothing but a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Blizzard clearly couldn't understand that even people that only raid HC and do +10s every week are already sitting on 940+ ilvl due to titanforging, crafted 935s and ilvl 1k legos.
    Exactly, HC should be tuned around everyone in raid having ~950 ilvl, BiS legos and 75 traits

well

no

It should be tuned that every new character with ~two weeks of argunite gear, crafted gear, single lego and single m+ weekly, so around ~930 ilvl should be able to clear it just fine. You shouldn't be expected to farm previous raid/m+ or even normal for weeks before getting into HC

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure?

Don't bother replying. Since the only thing you seem capable of doing is spout complete nonsense and contradict yourself, I'll put you on ignore as you're nothing but a waste of time.

Tell me where I explicitly stated otherwise? Please don't be obtuse...

There's a difference between speaking generally and getting into specifics. In my case, it was obviously the former.

Maybe don't presume things in the future next time? Mmkay?
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-12-03 at 02:04 PM.

So I posted this earlier, but let me repeat myself. The final phase is bugged. He doesn't use his soulbomb as often as he is supposed to still. And until yesterday, he didn't use it at all.

Are you sure?

Never understood this, your on a open forum - your not special your just one of the crowd.

oh and Don't bother replying because [insert any reason here].

6/11 in hc so cant speak for later but no issue so far i just cant wait to get into mythic and out of hc coz ur know, challenge.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

My guild ended up 1 shotting it on their "let's just see the mechanics and see how we do" pull. I mean, we did Mythic KJ, but come on this was just a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybird View Post
    Never understood this, your on a open forum - your not special your just one of the crowd.

oh and Don't bother replying because [insert any reason here].

6/11 in hc so cant speak for later but no issue so far i just cant wait to get into mythic and out of hc coz ur know, challenge.
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest tbqh. I find the pretentious types adorable (in a pathetic sort of way). Nothing peculiar about these types as they're pretty common on the internet. They're the type that would run off in any fight/debate where they know they wouldn't have the slightest chance of winning.

Just a coward is all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Just beat him last night.

Easier than Kil'jaeden thank fuck.

But he's perfectly fine for an end of expansion boss. He wiped our group 20 times over the course of five hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroo View Post
    It should be tuned that every new character with ~two weeks of argunite gear, crafted gear, single lego and single m+ weekly, so around ~930 ilvl should be able to clear it just fine. You shouldn't be expected to farm previous raid/m+ or even normal for weeks before getting into HC
    No that is the way Normal should be tuned. If heroic is tuned that way it just becomes WAY too easy and leaves players with nothing to do after oneshotting every boss in a pug on the first day.