Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh please, I have been raiding in Vanilla. It was not comparable to the clusterfuck we have today. Boring troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    He was but wathever

He wasn't. Raid bosses are incomparable to the stuff in the open world. Because by this measure, Fel-reavers were raid bosses.
    Ebonroc? Really? Let's compare end-bosses. I mean, surely the end boss of a raid, such is Gul'Dan can't be compared to asmall bump as Ebonroc. Why not Nefarian solo-kill video? Or at least Chromaggus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Ebonroc? Really? Let's compare end-bosses. Why not Nefarian solo-kill video?
    Why not stop beeing in denial ?

Both are "current" content bosses and bot uses clever use of game mechanics

Why not stop beeing in denial ?

Both are "current" content bosses and bot uses clever use of game mechanics
    I'm not in denial of anything. You're the one claiming the superiority of Legion raiding while the end game content can be soloed.

Deleted
    I'm not in denial of anything. You're the one claiming the superiority of Legion raiding while the end game content can be soloed.
    So you're saying that Vanilla raiding is superior because the end bosses don't have mechanics that can be exploited to be soloable by one class ??

Mkay

So you're saying that Vanilla raiding is superior because the end bosses don't have mechanics that can be exploited to be soloable by one class ??

Mkay
    Except I'm not claiming that. Again, you're the one claiming that Legion is great while vanilla is terrible.

Deleted
    Except I'm not claiming that. Again, you're the one claiming that Legion is great while vanilla is terrible.

Mionee Solos Raid Boss Gul'dan

Tell me more about the complexity of the Legion boss encounters.
    With your reasoning, Naxx bosses are complete joke since paladin can one shot them right ? RIGHT ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Roflol, when we started Vanilla we were so frikkin' fresh and terrible that it's almost amusing to what extent we were actually bad. Today's players are easily superior to what was in past and information sources evolved a ton as well.

People will be fine, if anything Vanilla will be too easy.

With your reasoning, Naxx bosses are complete joke since paladin can one shot them right ? RIGHT ?
    Except a paladin couldn't do it. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here.

if vanilla stats are too „difficult“ for some, this persons are EXACTLY what i dont wanna have in classic servers.

Deleted
    Except a paladin couldn't do it. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with Gul'dan solo either...

One paladin could solo Kazzak cleverly using reckoning
    One DH was able to solo Gul'dan cleverly using phase 1 to let Enrage to expire

Yet you claim that Legion bosses are not complex because of one person, that's been famous soloing bosses since Wrath, made possible (with specially tailored gear) to solo one boss...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Hold on..
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Vanilla stats were never difficult. Poorly itemised so a bit more effort, sure. But never difficult. You could tell with relative ease if something was better for you.

Also, is "retailers" now the official term for people playing live servers? What do we call those that currently play on private servers, "thieves"?
    HA! Thieves sounds catchy. Or maybe just "Kids"? Or do we just call 'em "Those beyond their shelf-life"? Like Kungen?

Anyway, yeah. OT: Same thing as always. It wasn't complicated at all. There were more stats (which I think isn't a bad thing), there were caps to hit and only so many items with those necessary stats on them. But it was never complicated, after you did the usual theorycrafting, which of course wasn't as widespread, nor were there amazing tools for it, when comparing it to Live right now. But that isn't a worthy argument for Classic Servers, since those have privately been around for ages and if that's your area, you should know all about it by now, otherwise your OP is just blown out of proportion in terms of bragging and in terms of talking crap about.. "Retailers"?

Literally doesn't make a difference between Retail and Classic servers, things have been figured out and will be figured out again. And since you're all about Community, there'll be guides and other helpful reads/tools popping up in no time.

Oh shit. I forgot. The Classic crowd is about as truthfully dedicated to "Community" as my bin is dedicated to stand up and run circles in my room. Literally just a stupid fairytale.

What are you talking about?

Ilvl means poop in most situations. Simming is mandatory and will exist for classic, too.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with Gul'dan solo either...

One paladin could solo Kazzak cleverly using reckoning
    So Kazzak or Naxx? Your trail of though is inconsistent. And the point is that Legion raiding is not harder than the one in vanilla. If a boss like Gul'dan can be soloed then where's your complexity? Try going solo against Ragnaros for example. Or Kael'Thuzad. The Actual end bosses. Not some Fel-reaver of vanilla.

One DH was able to solo Gul'dan cleverly using phase 1 to let Enrage to expire

Yet you claim that Legion bosses are not complex because of one person, that's been famous soloing bosses since Wrath, made possible (with specially tailored gear) to solo one boss...
    Yeah. One person does it consistently. That's the point isn't it? That means that the complexity is not there.

Deleted
    So Kazzak or Naxx? Your trail of though is inconsistent. And the point is that Legion raiding is not harder than the one in vanilla. If a boss like Gul'dan can be soloed then where's your complexity? Try going solo against Ragnaros for example. Or Kael'Thuzad. The Actual end bosses. Not some Fel-reaver of vanilla.

Yeah. One person does it consistently. That's the point isn't it? That means that the complexity is not there.
    https://youtu.be/Aci8pBVpUCA hunter soloing ebonroc BWL, so i guess by your logic BWL is made for 5y people with one finger x hand

Nobody had problems understanding it back then. It's not because people were much smarter back then, but because it isn't very hard to understand. Bloated and a mess, sure, but easy enough to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    https://youtu.be/Aci8pBVpUCA hunter soloing ebonroc BWL, so i guess by your logic BWL is made for 5y people with one finger x hand
    Aaaand we're moving in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Nobody had problems understanding it back then. It's not because people were much smarter back then, but because it isn't very hard to understand. Bloated and a mess, sure, but easy enough to understand.
    But that's not what people are claiming over the last few pages. People say that it's harder to understand now while evidence shows that it's not.

The lingo emerging from these vanilla discussions is appropriately cringy.

Deleted

She soloed raid boss of the older instance tuned for 10 people on the 2nd easiest difficulty...

You can't do it on the hardest difficulty since the mechanics are much more complex and unforgiving and you can't let the enrage expire because the boss is no longer channeling in the middle...

Here you go, I make this easier for you to understand:

Deleted
    Aaaand we're moving in circles.

But that's not what people are claiming over the last few pages. People say that it's harder to understand now while evidence shows that it's not.
    There wasn't much to understand as most people didn't do endgame raiding.