Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From most of the responses, its clear that the stats in vanilla are too complicated for retailers. Retail is totally based on item level and average item level of your character if the retailers didnt even understand that vanilla stats are may too complicated and retailers will totally screw up there character in vanilla. The only way to screw you character on retail is to not go with the items with the highest level but even as obvious as that is retailers can still screw this up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    From most of the responses, its clear that the stats in vanilla are too complicated for retailers. Retail is totally based on item level and average item level of your character if the retailers didnt even understand that vanilla stats are may too complicated and retailers will totally screw up there character in vanilla. The only way to screw you character on retail is to not go with the items with the highest level but even as obvious as that is retailers can still screw this up.
    So easy that 99% of the playerbase dont know that there are haste soft/hard cap (absent in vanilla) based on their class/spec, crit cap is another thing if you play specs like frost mage. If you think that now you need only to stack your main sencodary stat with your main one (agi/strenght/crit) you will probably perform the 50% of your class full potential

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post

Mionee Solos Raid Boss Gul'dan

Tell me more about the complexity of the Legion boss encounters.
    Please, show me how YOU do it and than we'll talk

No reason to simplify stats when there will be websites for BiS gear. You know, like there is now.

WoW is getting a classic version of the game. The entire internet isn't going back in time. It will be just as easy to figure out what stats you want in classic as it is now.

This is clearly a troll thread, how are there 16 pages discussing it?

No they weren't. They were so transparent guildies/friends and I would theory craft gear selection with pen/paper and a calculator. Stuff was % and not rating too. Very easy to understand. An exception might've been when they went off the rails and created armor penetration and that resistance lowering stat for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    No they weren't. They were so transparent guildies/friends and I would theory craft gear selection with pen/paper and a calculator. Stuff was % and not rating too. Very easy to understand. An exception might've been when they went off the rails and created armor penetration and that resistance lowering stat for casters.
    Spell penetration? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Which it absolutely has. Vanilla was fucking garbage if we're comparing it to that.
    Why are you even in the Classic forum?
    Last edited by solarfallz; 2017-12-03 at 07:08 PM.

Page one - Stats are too complicated in vanilla for the current playerbase.

"hmmm, ill skip to the last page and see how ppl managed to stretch this argument out for over 15 pages"

Derp Derp Vanilla is hard and legion is easy! see! look at me comparing the hardest content in all of vanilla with the easiest in legion! I R GENIUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Spell penetration? Lol
    Aha, I wasn't a caster so couldn't remember xD I also think the name came later.

Back in the day you had just for tanks the following stats: strength, stamina, defense, parry, dodge, weapon skill, block %, block value, resistance, etc. You had to balance the stats yourself and understand your items. You couldnt just go with the item with the highest level like in retail now.

Item and stats management is too complicated for todays retailers. Should they just simplify the stats for vanilla to be more accessible for retailers?
    Vanilla Stats were good, meant something, now its braindead level.

I'd like to repost again the fact that stat ARE actually pretty convoluted, and the "easy" part is just reading mindlessly the guide that someone else who did the hard work of measuring and understanding them wrote, but I guess it'll just be ignored like previously, so whatever.

Wtf is retail, retailers in the context of WoW?

Deleted
    It's obvious that Nostalgs doesn't understand how Legion stats works therefore Legion is too complicated for Nostalgs because you don't go for ilvl but for the right stats but Nostalgs can't know that because Nostalgs doesn't play anything besides Pirated version of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Wtf is retail, retailers in the context of WoW?
    Those cretinous FUCKS who pay and play the current game. AKA: not thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Those cretinous FUCKS who pay and play the current game. AKA: not thieves.
    That didn't make it any clearer. Seriously, I don't get this slang.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly doesn't matter what stats or how many of them we need to know. Since vanilla's been done already, we already HAVE all the BiS slots for just about every possible event in Vanilla. We don't even have to look at ilevels now, we just look up a list of stuff and where to get it.

As a matter of fact I worry that this is going to be a thing in Vanilla. You can't get invited to raids or even endgame dungeons unless you have this specific collection of gear. It doesn't matter if you're the best tank or healer or DPS in the world, it doesn't matter what your iLevel is or what achievements you have, looks like you're missing these particular bracers and this particular chest, go get them and then maybe next time chump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Not sure how much more explaining needs to be done after saying: pay, to play the current version of the game WoW, a video game which is an MMORPG, which you play on P-

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    I can't believe so many people fell for this obvious troll
    Some people are just idiots and rather than finding a way to earn respect, they simply create some artificial measure that they announce defines them as superior.
    Being a "retailer" rather than a "real" vanilla player is just one of the latest methods.

Some actually believe what they are spouting.

Look at how many players actually work out the numbers themselves on live.
    Compared to how many go to a site like AskMrRobot, use some default weights, or sim the results themselves.
    The stats aren't easier to understand, there are just better tools now to get the information.
    Most of us are still as clueless as to how that works behind the scenes.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-12-03 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Vanilla Stats were good, meant something, now its braindead level.
    I mean they got removed for a reason
    And you call todays stats braindead?
    I don't think it's the stats(they don't have brains)
    but more the information and tools we have to determine what stats give the most dps
    but you know we will still have those tools in classic so classic stats will therefore be brain dead