Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 is a better game on a console than PC

I have been gaming on PC up until summer this year when I sold my computer and bought a PS4 Pro.
    I must admit, Diablo 3 plays a lot better with a gamepad than keyboard and mouse.

The UI is quite different and takes some getting use to, but you have a lot more storage in the console version than PC.

Nehalem orbs are a lot more powerful and I don't really know how to feel about them. They grant you double damage and you can have them up basically all the time. They make the game a lot easier but also frustrating when they don't drop. It's either easy mode or hard mode, depending on how lucky you are.
    You can have 5 minutes of +100% damage stacked, then die and lose all and suddenly start struggling to get them back.

The key difference to me is the gamepad, it makes the game so smooth!

So what do you think about the console version?

Deleted
    Personal opinion =/= Factual

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    That's kind of bullshit, honestly. Atleast compared to when I played, when orbs were 'good' but were also pretty damn rare.

Plus being able to play on a controller. Idk about anyone else, but dungeon crawler diablo esque games where you attack AND MOVE by CLICKING is insane to me. The game design is completely wrong there imo and I really wish it had controller support when I played.

Anyone know if PC D3 has controller support these days?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

The opinion of someone who sold his pc to buy a ps4 aint exactly high value

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Man, people really taking that controller is better than mouse and keyboard thing pretty damn personal.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Man, people really taking that controller is better than mouse and keyboard thing pretty damn personal.
    Not really, it's just that he says its superior to the PC version and then immediately forfeits such claims with shit like

Nehalem orbs are a lot more powerful and I don't really know how to feel about them. They grant you double damage and you can have them up basically all the time. They make the game a lot easier but also frustrating when they don't drop. It's either easy mode or hard mode, depending on how lucky you are.
    You can have 5 minutes of +100% damage stacked, then die and lose all and suddenly start struggling to get them back.
    So basically all he really needed was a watered down easy mode version of the game for him, glad he found it

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    The opinion of someone who sold his pc to buy a ps4 aint exactly high value
    Pretty much this.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many of you have actually played Diablo 3 on console?
    There are too many damn PC elitists here
    I was sceptical myself before I bought the game, but soon I figured it's more fun to play with a gamepad.
    My new pc is coming tomorrow so I'm going back to PC gaming as I never was a console gamer.
    Take it as you want, I'm going back to PC gaming but the game plays better on a console.

Personally I say it is better on Console then PC because of two reasons.

1) Can be played offline
    2) You can dodge roll.
    3) Local Split Screen.

That's my opinion tho and OP you need to see what you said is just your opinion not fact.

Edit: Also if u want to play the original version of D3 (With the evil of the original inferno mode) you have to buy a PS3/Xbox360 version of the game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-12-03 at 03:39 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, OP riled up the "PC Master Race" crowd, get ready for a bunch of salty nerds protecting their stupidly expensive rigs that they really don't need.

I like both version, I play the console version if I want to play around with hacked gear or just sit back on the couch and relax, and the PC version is there if I want to play seriously and push grifts ect.

As far as controls, I enjoy both styles, but certain builds work better on mouse/keyboard I think, but things like WW barb are great on controller.

Also, Universal Dodge Roll is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I say it is better on Console then PC because of two reasons.

1) Can be played offline
    2) You can dodge roll.

That's my opinion tho and OP you need to see what you said is just your opinion not fact.

Edit: Also if u want to play the original version of D3 (With the evil of the original inferno mode) you have to buy a PS3/Xbox360 version of the game.
    That's not a positive, if you actually tried playing online with other people

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    This makes no sense.

With Diablo on console you have a choice to ether play offline or online. With PC you are forced online. If you are talking about cause on console there is people with hacked gear, There is a simple fix for that. Don't play with people who have modded gear, Play with friends.

The console version adds a option that the PC version doesn't have. It factually can't be worse/negative because its adding one more thing that wasn't there before on top of what was.

You have a apple, I give you another apple you are factually better off now then you was before. Same with offline being added for console versions.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I played through the campaign on the console with my brother and gf and I must say, it was an absolute blast. As someone who grew up playing Diablo 1 and 2 on the pc I have to say I enjoyed 3 on the console a lot more. I have a pretty nice gaming PC setup but there's something about lounging on the couch with an xbox controller in your hands that's a lot more chill and relaxing.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes no sense.

With Diablo on console you have a choice to ether play offline or online. With PC you are forced online. If you are talking about cause on console there is people with hacked gear, There is a simple fix for that. Don't play with people who have modded gear, Play with friends.

The console version adds a option that the PC version doesn't have. It factually can't be worse/negative because its adding one more thing that wasn't there before on top of what was.

You have a apple, I give you another apple you are factually better off now then you was before. Same with offline being added for console versions.
    Exactly this. How can more options possibly be a bad thing?
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Deleted
    This makes no sense.

Why can't it? Always online is just as bad as "Can't play with randoms"
    Always online atleast has the beneficial advantage of restricting hacked gear because that's why it's always online in the first place.

On PC i can join random people's game and still actually enjoy the game, on console it's a gamble. So how is it factually better?

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Exactly this. How can more options possibly be a bad thing?
    It can't when it comes to something like this. People just want to pick there version and go (MINES BETTER HAR HAR FUCK YOUR OPINION)

It is my opinion that console is better but that is just my opinion. Also to add another reason Console has local split screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't it? Always online is just as bad as "Can't play with randoms"
    Always online atleast has the beneficial advantage of restricting hacked gear because that's why it's always online in the first place.

On PC i can join random people's game and still actually enjoy the game, on console it's a gamble. So how is it factually better?
    Once again this makes zero sense. Your issue isn't that there is a offline mode, Its that the online part isn't monitored better. There is a vast difference in the two and console having that extra option makes the game better.

Who say's you won't get someone online on PC that is just a total dick? Online gaming is always a gamble on the quality.

If you are playing Hardcore and your internet dies you could lose your character. That is something I don't have to deal with on Console.

I think both versions are just as good personally.

I wish the PC version could throw controller support on but I doubt it will happen.

And Diablo 3 on XB1 has the small perk of me not losing my HC characters if my internet dies.

PC are where most of my friends are however.

So PC for friends and XB1 for when I want to play my HC characters or chill on my own.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it can be since it removes the risk of a death by disconnection on HC mode.

And considering how awful our lines are down here sometimes it's a godsend to me.

I've played online with other people. It's just as fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I think both versions are just as good personally.

I wish the PC version could throw controller support on but I doubt it will happen.

And Diablo 3 on XB1 has the small perk of me not losing my HC characters if my internet dies.

PC are where most of my friends are however.

So PC for friends and XB1 for when I want to play my HC characters or chill on my own.
    Yep this, It all really comes down to what you prefer.

Deleted
    d3 was designed for consoles since day 1 so no surprise there

during beta blizz be like oh shit we accidentally added 1 extra button that doesnt fit on controller, must remove it from PC exclusive (their lies back then)

Obviously a mediocre at best pc game will seem like god's gift to mankind when it's also available on consoles where you have no choice whatsoever in what games you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    d3 was designed for consoles since day 1 so no surprise there

during beta blizz be like oh shit we accidentally added 1 extra button that doesnt fit on controller, must remove it from PC exclusive (their lies back then)
    Got some proof to this and not a opinion? Even more so since the release date difference between console and pc was over a year apart.

Also if you think Controllers lacked buttons then you have clearly never played FFXIV.