14 35.00%
  • Gilnean Human

1 2.50%
  • Forest Trolls

3 7.50%
  • Ethereals

10 25.00%

Allied Races: the future, comments, and concerns

I play horde. This time around, I adore what we got for extra races. The future of allied races seems to be a promising one.

I would like to here the community's ideas for future races (legitimate and viable ones of course; murlocs for neutral race!).

I think the races were really good this time around on both sides, and I will definitely be playing a dark iron dwarf, and a void elf 100%.

My biggest concern is... will others come in the form of, for instance, "New allied race is, Gilnean Human..." but with little to no changes. I doubt this heavily but it may occur. Making skeletons is daunting from a design perspective. Models take time, along with animations.

What are your thoughts? Im keen to hear about new cool races I might have not considered yet.

For me, I'd love a darkspear that I can customize a bit to match Vol'jin as a beefy looking hunter. Or a forest troll would be cool too!

Cheers!

P.S. The poll is supplementary. Comments are more fun
    Last edited by Alex91213; 2017-12-03 at 04:19 PM.

The Vulpera have been really well received, and they use the Goblin skin. I can definitely see the Horde getting the Vulpera as an allied race later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    The Vulpera have been really well received, and they use the Goblin skin. I can definitely see the Horde getting the Vulpera as an allied race later.
    That's a good one! I'd love that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to have mag'har orcs be added!

7+ Year Old Account
    mogu wtf? do you even ogre?

besides mogu do not have females

Quote Originally Posted by Helaku View Post
    Mag'har have been a long time dream of mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    mogu wtf? do you even ogre?

besides mogu do not have females
    Brann finds vault of original Mogu that still have female (since they use to exist). Simple addition allows for female mogu

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Brann finds vault of original Mogu that still have female (since they use to exist). Simple addition allows for female mogu
    there are only 2 mogu females and we kill then in ToT

and again, mogu are not new races worthy since blizzard portrait then as evil, at least not now, they are like one of the last in line

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there are only 2 mogu females and we kill then in ToT

and again, mogu are not new races worthy since blizzard portrait then as evil, at least not now, they are like one of the last in line
    There use to be more beyond those two. They're just the last left

Those Tirasian monster hunters really wouldn't make a proper allied race imo. They're pretty much just bulkier humans and don't seem to represent the bulk of humans in Kul Tiras, from the announcement video most of the humans in Kul Tiras seemed to use the playable human model.

Gilnean humans just use the playable humans as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind's Rat new playable race for the Alliance pls

Would give up a few limbs (heh) for these guys, in-game they share a mix of the Worgen and Broken Draenei skeleton with altered combat animations that look really cool

I feel like uncorrupted Orc would be better served as just expanding the current orc customization, the only exceptions being Shattered Hand or Laughing Skull orcs who are supposed to be lanky (subrace with upright Forsaken skeleton?)
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-12-03 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helaku View Post
    Mag'har shouldn't be an allied race. Should just be an option when creating an orc to give them Mag'har colouring.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

My personal for new allied races would be...

Human - Tideskorn Vrykul
    Worgen - Kaldorei Worgen or Dragonmen
    Gnome - Sand gnomes or semi-Mechanized gnomes

Orc - Ogre (Stonemaul Clan or AU Goria)
    Forsaken - Nathanos-type humans or Alteraci
    Goblin - Vulpera or Gilgoblin

Mogu - they could be an option for the Horde with the Zandalari joining. But since they seem to have zero interest in the world outside of Pandaria I really can’t see this happening. I’m also not sure what parent race they would use since they’re unrelated to every playable race

Kul’Tiran Human - some kul’tirans look unique. Some of males we’ve seen are easily 10ft tall and massive. They could fulfill the human/vykrul hybrid some people want. In my opinion, the Drust would be a better more distinct option barring how that story arc ends. Or some new half Vykrul clan

Mag’har - this is extremely likely as they’ve been part of the Horde since TBC

Gilnean Human - These are just the same race as playable humans

Forest Trolls - Nothing to stop this from happening, but since the Zandalari were added I find another Troll race to be unlikely

Ethereals - doesn’t fit the criteria of “subraces”. this is just an entirely new race that would require a completely new base model and animations.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2017-12-03 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    My personal for new allied races would be...

Human - Tideskorn Vrykul
    Worgen - Kaldorei Worgen or Dragonmen
    Gnome - Sand gnomes or semi-Mechanized gnomes

Orc - Ogre (Stonemaul Clan or AU Goria)
    Forsaken - Nathanos-type humans or Alteraci
    Goblin - Vulpera or Gilgoblin
    I think a Nathanos Human on the horde side would be amazing honestly. Hadn't thought of that. In fact, vrykul could be the counter part addition to the alliance. I am not much of a fan of Ogre's but given a bit of changes to their body, it would be pretty nice I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex91213 View Post
    I think a Nathanos Human on the horde side would be amazing honestly. Hadn't thought of that. In fact, vrykul could be the counter part addition to the alliance. I am not much of a fan of Ogre's but given a bit of changes to their body, it would be pretty nice I suppose.
    I never really knew I wanted to play as an ogre until I WoD, that might have been the one or two good things the expansion contributed to the game

I would love for the Stonemaul (maybe with the help of some AU exiles like Tormmok and the Ogr'ila from Outland) to become high ogres. Since Gorian ogres borrow heavily from Greco-Roman culture, you could have a whole cyclops thing going with the ogres and make them the Horde's great forging race.

I would love to see uncorrupted orcs, forest trolls and Nathanos-style undead humans as Horde allied races.
    Last edited by Hallowseve17; 2017-12-03 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I never really knew I wanted to play as an ogre until I WoD, that might have been the one or two good things the expansion contributed to the game

I would love for the Stonemaul (maybe with the help of some AU exiles like Tormmok and the Ogr'ila from Outland) to become high ogres. Since Gorian ogres borrow heavily from Greco-Roman culture, you could have a whole cyclops thing going with the ogres and make them the Horde's great forging race.
    I like this idea a lot, and second it lol. Would be pretty cool to have an Ogre-Warrior. Maybe they're a bit too big though?
    How about dragon maw orcs? (I think that's the name of the grey ones found in twilight highlands). That would certainly be pretty cool too!