LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    It JUST occurred to me that they would have racial mounts. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

You already can. Get the pet from the Argent Tournament dailies. ;]
    oh really?! What is it called again?

- - - Updated - - -

I did all the quests there. Their masquerade turns them into arcane images of all kinds of animals, and lifeforms I think there was even one appearing as an ogre. We also did get a toy that allows us to do the same thing! I believe the Nightborne magic is so sophisticated that they can appear as whoever they want to appear as and not just another Nightborne. That's why I think, their racial should reflect that even though it has no real use.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    I feel like it's an active ability
    or it should be
    I hope so, otherwise it makes void elves much better casters. Given the changes being made to leveling, it will be even more powerful after 7.3.5
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Odds are that there is still an internal debate about which classes should be playable. The fact that they said they are considering dark iron death knights supports this theory.
    Oh of course. I was just wishing to know. I'm sure Blizzard are figuring it all out.

Will all of the old races have their racials updated? I’m sorry but these new racials are OP. Top tier raiding guilds will almost certainly require the use of these new races.

I feel like VE's are getting all the love. Pretty original and funny dialogue. Tauren are a close 2nd. Nightborne are a little eyeroll. It's already an in game joke amongst players and memes, but to have so many /silly lines be about "who goes there!" and not more original feels like Blizz is just beating a dead horse.
    I also don't understand VE's going Alliance. I get Alerria, at first, but you would think at some point since being brought back she would have heard about the Alli betraying and turning their backs on the HE's. TWICE. Let alone the fact that lorewise the Alli would abhor everything about the void, it doesn't make sense they would accept them.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-12-02 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    Will all of the old races have their racials updated? I’m sorry but these new racials are OP. Top tier raiding guilds will almost certainly require the use of these new races.

They really aren't though. Tauren get a flat +1% damage/healing done which is pretty consistent with what a number of current races get. Nightborne get +1% magic damage done which is comparable if you're a mage, warlock or shadow priest and strictly worse than basically every other race in the game if you're not.

Light's Judgement, Rugged Tenacity and Entropic Embrace could be strong, but without any hard data on how they scale or interact with other features it's impossible to make a judgement call on them right now.

The secondary racial features like faster mining or being able to blacksmith anywhere are pretty strong, but those aren't a thing top tier raiding guilds are really going to worry about either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I also don't understand VE's going Alliance.
    Well according to someone upthread VE lore is that they're incompetent buffoons who got kicked out of the Horde for nearly destroying the Sunwell or something. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Oh of course. I was just wishing to know. I'm sure Blizzard are figuring it all out.
    Fair enough, I certainly don't disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    They really aren't though. Tauren get a flat +1% damage/healing done which is pretty consistent with what a number of current races get. Nightborne get +1% magic damage done which is comparable if you're a mage, warlock or shadow priest and strictly worse than basically every other race in the game if you're not.

Light's Judgement, Rugged Tenacity and Entropic Embrace could be strong, but without any hard data on how they scale or interact with other features it's impossible to make a judgement call on them right now.

The secondary racial features like faster mining or being able to blacksmith anywhere are pretty strong, but those aren't a thing top tier raiding guilds are really going to worry about either.

Well according to someone upthread VE lore is that they're incompetent buffoons who got kicked out of the Horde for nearly destroying the Sunwell or something. So there's that.
    Which means according to lore, they shouldn't be an allied race to anyone and be their own separate faction.

Why don't you guys ever show armor on the appropriate races? Like whenever there's a Horde-only armor set you put it on a fucking Human. Put it on an Orc for once. Demon Hunter set? Oh we'll showcase it on a Human! What the fuck? And in this case, you can at least put the Highmountain set on a regular Tauren if you can't put it on a Highmountain, so at least we don't see it on a weird ass mustachio dude.

ESPECIALLY in this case. The 3D armor doesn't show up on other races (LIKE THE TWO GIANT TOTEMS ON THE HIGHMOUNTAIN SET FOR EXAMPLE, OH THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL). Guess what, it shows up on the appropriate race! Now you have fucking JPGs showing the race that will never get to wear it, with pieces missing, for what reason? It's not a good example of what it's going to look like. I can open up your model viewer and see how it should show up. Do people a fucking favor and take better god damn screenshots.

These previews are incomplete and missing several parts.
    HUH I WONDER WHY, MAYBE WE SHOULD TAKE A SCREENSHOT NOT ON A HUMAN FOR THESE RACE-SPECIFIC ARMOR THAT ARE NOT HUMAN
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-12-03 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Why don't you guys ever show armor on the appropriate races? Like whenever there's a Horde-only armor set you put it on a fucking Human. Put it on an Orc for once. Demon Hunter set? Oh we'll showcase it on a Human! What the fuck? And in this case, you can at least put the Highmountain set on a regular Tauren if you can't put it on a Highmountain, so at least we don't see it on a weird ass mustachio dude.

ESPECIALLY in this case. The 3D armor doesn't show up on other races (LIKE THE TWO GIANT TOTEMS ON THE HIGHMOUNTAIN SET FOR EXAMPLE, OH THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL). Guess what, it shows up on the appropriate race! Now you have fucking JPGs showing the race that will never get to wear it, with pieces missing, for what reason? It's not a good example of what it's going to look like. I can open up your model viewer and see how it should show up. Do people a fucking favor and take better god damn screenshots.

HUH I WONDER WHY, MAYBE WE SHOULD TAKE A SCREENSHOT NOT ON A HUMAN FOR THESE RACE-SPECIFIC ARMOR THAT ARE NOT HUMAN
    underrated comment right here, I have ALWAYS hated that mmo uses human as their default race, and this Right here is an example of how it doesnt work. Change the models to the races the set belong on and BOOM, art is complete.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Tryhardzy View Post
    Exactly how I feel and I couldn't have said it better.

I feel like we always end up shafted. I mean hell, our spell animations are still yet to be released.
    I just started leveling my warlock after having last touched him back in MoP and only now noticed how you guys even have to spec for demonic circle now, some elementary skill like haunt for affliction is now a talent choice in the first tier. What have they done oO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    underrated comment right here, I have ALWAYS hated that mmo uses human as their default race, and this Right here is an example of how it doesnt work. Change the models to the races the set belong on and BOOM, art is complete.
    It makes sense for general class armor, since it's one of the most basic races that usually shows everything with the least amount of clipping/distortion. In case of racial armor though it's obviously pants-on-head retarded. Like the draenei boots obviously don't work out on a human (also wtf is with the assless chaps?!).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Let alone the fact that lorewise the Alli would abhor everything about the void, it doesn't make sense they would accept them.
    Shadowpriest say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    Shadowpriest say hello.
    Shadowpriest are slightly different. They still still deal with the light but are able to embrace the shadow without being consumed by it. Being infused with the void permanently is slightly different.
    It's the equivalent of a person praying to the satanic bible vs an actual demon walking around.
    Different analogy for fantasy elements: a Necromancer raising and controlling the undead vs an actual walking, eating Zombie.

Before anyone adds "...but demon hunters!" Demon Hunters are a neutral race and an ally against the Legion. If the void/old gods become a major threat I could see the same for VE's as another neutral. The same as "the enemy of my enemy is my ally."
    Let's also be honest, with everything that happened, DH's don't make sense as a playable race. I can see them being a neutral, non playable race. NPCs based around the world that pop up at major points, but with everything Illidan did, it makes no sense that suddenly people can accept him as a ready ally.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-12-03 at 08:29 PM.

I'm a bit concerned for the Nightborne racials. Masquerade sounds like a Toy effect. And Dispel Illusions looks like it won't work on stealth, and basically not useful in raids, so useless.

Void Elves have really powerful racials. Imagine a warlock void elf having a blink (on top of circle if specced). Or Mages having triple blinks.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Well, good news then. There won't be a Darnassus for much longer. Problem solved. The colors are fair game now.

=-P
    Touche.........and ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Seregolas View Post
    oh really?! What is it called again?
    It's the Argent Squire/Gruntling for Alliance and Horde, respectively. But you'll need to buy an Argent Pony Bridle for your squire/gruntling before you can use it to check your mail/bank/vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol giving a Horde race to the Alliance (they're still Blood Elves), and an Alliance race to the Horde (Because Nightborne are still Night Elves).
    Won't be long and they'll be getting rid of factions entirely. This is just the preliminary step -.-.

Thanks for changing the screenshots, I really appreciate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Nightborne racials are ass compared to void elf, kinda sad honestly.
    And lightforged Draenei racials suck compared to HM Tauren xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Void Elves still piss me off... Ridiculous story, followed up with some insane racials and an outstandingly cool Blood Elf mount. Its like a direct "suck it" to Blood Elf players, bit annoyed I'll never be able to obtain that mount, and that BE racials might get nerfed as well.

And isnt that Manasaber for the Nightborne exactly the same as the one everyone gets for free? Bit lost on the artistic direction here.
    You may know this by now, but the mount gained by the allied races can be used by any character...