Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands

Flying in Vanilla

Let's face it, we are going to need flying in classic to enjoy ourselves. We've convinced Blizzard as a community to create classic servers so I see flying as a logical next step!
    Last edited by Bumbasta; 2017-12-03 at 04:53 PM.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if bait or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    Not sure if bait or not
    That's what people first said when someone requested classic servers.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Let's face it, we are going to need flying in classic to enjoy ourselves. We've convinced Blizzard as a community to create classic servers so I see flying as a logical next step!
    nope. were going to run/mount everywhere, just like the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming sarcasm, but in the unlikely event you are serious:

If you are going with Classic+, Flying is among the last things you want to be implemented into Classic servers.

You'd have to recreate quite a lot of the old world for it to accommodate flying. And not only recreate, you'd have to recreate it differently to how it is in retail, because certain zones don't really exist in Classic, that were added in Cataclysm.

I don't see how that could possibly go well.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-12-03 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm assuming sarcasm, but in the unlikely event you are serious:

If you are going with Classic+, Flying is among the last things you want to be implemented into Classic servers.

You'd have to recreate quite a lot of the old world for it to accommodate flying.
    Why though? If we're redesigning the classes, adding LFG, dual spec and all the stuff thats on retail really, why not flying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why though? If we're redesigning the classes, adding LFG, dual spec and all the stuff thats on retail really, why not flying?
    How would you do the Cataclysm zones, with Classic servers in mind? Copy/paste how they look in retail, but leave them empty? Leave as is, with mobs level??? for luls? Tune the zones for level 60's? Forget those zones entirely and fill the area with water/mountains/whatever?

It's a can of worms you really want to avoid opening, as any iteration of it would be pure bollocks.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-12-03 at 05:08 PM.

I'm very much pro-flying in retail, but enabling flying in classic would actually ruin the game badly. The game thrives on giving you that feeling of being part of a huge world, making the world feel dangerous and immersive. Changes like flying and cross realm features should never be in classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    How would you do the Cataclysm zones, with Classic servers in mind? Copy/paste how they look in retail, but leave them empty?

It's a can of worms you really want to avoid opening, as any iteration of it would be pure bollocks.
    I actually agree and I would rather they didn't change vanilla in any way.
    Still though, if you change one thing, why not everything?

10+ Year Old Account
    You want Vanilla? As well as flying? Then the only flying you get is Flight Paths, take it or leave it.

Negative, sir. And Tauren are going back to Plainsrunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Go away troll.

Deleted
    Flying wouldn't work in classic because most of the cities were just a textures flying up in the air

Also the borders of the zones would be one ugly mess of unmaching textures and flat spaces

A troll thread for trolling made by a troll who plays a troll.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike Live WoW's landscape, Vanilla's terrain was easy to walk on.

Not sure if bait or not
    I am pretty certain this is...

Deleted
    Lets face it, classic is clearly not for you. Have fun in retail

Not sure if bait or not
    Really? It's definitely bait. Surely people aren't this gullible.

Deleted
    Flying in vanilla would be a huge time saver, considering that I wouldn't even be playing the game.

Blizzard should enable flying on the Classic server. They just won't give you flying mounts