Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Nightborne joins Horde because our 'emissary' wasn't being diplomatic? Shit reasoning, safe space elves, thin-skinned, etc., etc.,"
    It's like none of you know what diplomacy is. It's the finangling of making advantageous relationships and deals that (optimistically) benefit both parties. You don't get deals when you go 'ugh, crackheads,' to their face, even if it's somewhat true.

"Thalyssra and the Nightborne betrayed the Night Elves 10000(whatever much) years ago! How can Tyrande show class?"
    That's what diplomacy is all about. Swallowing shit down and putting on a good show for the benefit of you, your people, and your faction down. Tyrande didn't do this, and the Blood Elves countered by being empathetic, sympathetic, and putting in the extra mile. It's pretty textbook good diplomacy.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    It's like none of you know what diplomacy is. It's the finangling of making advantageous relationships and deals that (optimistically) benefit both parties. You don't get deals when you go 'ugh, crackheads,' to their face, even if it's somewhat true.

That's what diplomacy is all about. Swallowing shit down and putting on a good show for the benefit of you, your people, and your faction down. Tyrande didn't do this, and the Blood Elves countered by being empathetic, sympathetic, and putting in the extra mile. It's pretty textbook good diplomacy.
    This is stuff people used to learn in Kindergarten honestly. Even before if you had good parents.

I mean you're a cartoon dog, and you get it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They literally joined the Alliance just as fast as the Blood Elves joined the Horde after those quests.

To the Draenei and the Alliance the Blood Elves were seen as an enemy after those quests on Bloodmyst Isle. They didn't know that Kael'thas had betrayed the Belves at that time so they could easily seen the Blood Elves as an enemy then. Its all connected to the transition of Belves being alone to joining the Horde, as well as Draenei joining Alliance.
    Key word they joined after those quests. The Alliance spies were in QT during those quests, before the draenei would have joined the Alliance and told them about the Sunfury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The ally that betrayed her kingdom are still mostly alliance. Humans are still there as the leaders and explicitly or implicitly supported Garithos actions through their own inaction. BC start zone Dwarf ambassador who was meant to be there to get the blood elves into the alliance (Blood elves first choice) was actually leading a night elf forward squad that were stabotaging the Blood elf sanctums. The things that were most responsible for keeping the scourge at bay. Without which the Blood elves would lose the war of attrition.

Then for most of the Eversong quest chain they are on their own until you get the quest to enter the Ghostlands where you see the first forsaken who gets you to help the injured runner. Then you see more forsaken at Tranquillen who are there for no other reason than because Sylvanas wanted to help her people. That's why Belves are horde, why Alleria (who in her book renounced all hate for the horde) shouldn't be all bitchy at the horde when she's a Thalassian nationalist and also why as a Thalassian nationalist she shouldn't be fawning over the alliance and humanity like they're all her closet friends. When her closest friends are standing in the Silvermoon throne room.
    Ok, but then the Trolls and Orcs who slaughtered her people for numerous years are still there in Orgrimmar. Right?
    The first one (supposedly) didn't take any actions, because they might have or haven't known what a certain leader of the Lordaeron army is doing, the others were attacking their very capital and murdered their kin just for the sake of it. And then some Forsaken help them clean the leftovers of the Scourge, even tho some(or perhaps even many) of the said Forsaken were part of Lordaeron, the Human kingdom that is blamed for their hate for Humanity, so the Thalassian decide to simply join a faction with their former mortal enemies.

Sorry, it might be just me, but I can't see how any of this is making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Ok, but then the Trolls and Orcs who slaughtered her people for numerous years are still there in Orgrimmar. Right?
    Nope. The Darkspear were never attacking Quel'Thalas. Which is on the other side of the fucking world from them. The Orcs that attacked them in the 1st and 2nd war are mainly all dead.

Maybe try using google so you can easily look up this very basic shit that isn't complicated or hard to find at all.

See the problem is you're an Alliance fanboy/girl who is still living in this fantasy land where the Horde are "bad guys" and the Alliance are "good guys" and you like literally don't even read quest text let alone look up lore sources outside of the game so you have no idea what's going on.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-03 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Nope. The Darkspear were never attacking Quel'Thalas. Which is on the other side of the fucking world from them. The Orcs that attacked them in the 1st and 2nd war are mainly all dead.

Maybe try using google so you can easily look up this very basic shit that isn't complicated or hard to find at all.

See the problem is you're an Alliance fanboy/girl who is still living in this fantasy land where the Horde are "bad guys" and the Alliance are "good guys".
    And it wasn't Stormwind that was on Garithos' banner, and most of those who did the Elves injustice are probably dead. See how that works both ways? And the leader of the Horde was an Orc at the time of them joining the Horde.

And if you're going to use personal insults, you might as well get lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Garithos had support from Lordaeron's remnants, Dalaran, Wildhammer, and Ironforge as well as Quel'Thalas (before he betrayed them). You see this in the WC3 missions. Also:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Despite the ad-hoc nature of his forces, other states recognized him as potentially the last remnant of Lordaeron's government and certainly the strongest warlord in the area. As such, officials from neighboring non-human states such as Ironforge and Quel'Thalas sent him aid, ignorant of his intolerant policies. (AskCDev2)

- - - Updated - - -

Different BElves. Those were Sunfury, BElves that went with Kael'thas to Outland. They were separate from the BElves in Quel'Thalas.
    I might read that wrong, but doesn't that mean that they didn't knew what was he up to at the time?

And it wasn't Stormwind that was on Garithos' banner, and most of those who did the Elves injustice are probably dead. See how that works both ways? And the leader of the Horde was an Orc at the time of them joining the Horde.

And if you're going to use personal insults, you might as well get lost.

- - - Updated - - -

I might read that wrong, but doesn't that mean that they didn't knew what was he up to at the time?
    LOL calling you an alliance fanboy/girl and pointing out that you actually don't know the lore is a "personal insult". Ya sure, maybe in your delusional upside down and backward fantasyland.

Meanwhile in reality: you are what I said you are and also don't know the lore in this game.

Stormwind was part of that same Alliance that Garithros was, Orgrimmar didn't even fucking exist in the 2nd war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    LOL calling you an alliance fanboy/girl and pointing out that you actually don't know the lore is a "personal insult". Ya sure, maybe in your delusional upside down and backward fantasyland.

Meanwhile in reality: you are what I said you are and also don't know the lore in this game.

Stormwind was part of that same Alliance that Garithros was, Orgrimmar didn't even fucking exist in the 2nd war.
    The Amani WERE part of the Horde when they fought with Quel'Thalas. So were the Orcs. What does Orgrimmar have to do with any of that?
    Even your future allies the Zandalari were helping the Amani fight the Elves.

Edit: Forget it, now looking at your posts in other threads you look like a troll whos trying to wind up people. Ignored.
    Last edited by mmoc14572082b5; 2017-12-03 at 09:11 PM.

The Amani WERE part of the Horde when they fought with Quel'Thalas. So were the Orcs.
    The AMANI are not the DARKSPEAR. The Darkspear are also ENEMIES of the AMANI and yet they JOINED THE HORDE.

But wait, if you actually knew the Lore, you would know that the THE HORDE they joined was THE HORDE under THRALL which is not even the same HORDE that was in WC1 and 2.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-03 at 09:36 PM.

Alleria is a psychopath.

"Oh, I love my people and they welcomed me back home with open arms and I nearly destroyed the Sunwell. Better start trying to kill my own people now for reasons."

Are we sure she mastered the void and wasn't driven insane?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Well I am glad that that Alliance is not that faction to accept anyone in easily. They have morals which distinguishes them from the Horde. I am really glad that a race like nightborne didn't join the Alliance.
    Oh I would bet my very soul you would have been more than happy if Nightborne joined the tree-huggers, you just got struck with the "hurt girlfriend" syndrome mentioned before.

And no, there's nothing moral about holding a grudge for 10.000 years; not only it's petty but hypocritical as well, considered how the immense morals of the Alliance didn't prevent them to get the Gilneans in their ranks, a people who committed the very exact mistakes of the Nightborne not ten thousands but simply ten years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

What about no. After the Forsaken in TBC it's the freaking Darkspear trolls in Cataclysm who helped Blood Elves defending Quel'Thalas against other trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

She's a Windrunner. It's hard to tell the difference.

Deleted
    Alleria is a psychopath.

"Oh, I love my people and they welcomed me back home with open arms and I nearly destroyed the Sunwell. Better start trying to kill my own people now for reasons."

This horde logic is getting old. First Jaina, now Alleria. Whoever doesn't do the horde's bidding is insane in the membrane.

That rhetoric is getting old.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-12-07 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh I would bet my very soul you would have been more than happy if Nightborne joined the tree-huggers, you just got struck with the "hurt girlfriend" syndrome mentioned before.

And no, there's nothing moral about holding a grudge for 10.000 years; not only it's petty but hypocritical as well, considered how the immense morals of the Alliance didn't prevent them to get the Gilneans in their ranks, a people who committed the very exact mistakes of the Nightborne not ten thousands but simply ten years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

What about no. After the Forsaken in TBC it's the freaking Darkspear trolls in Cataclysm who helped Blood Elves defending Quel'Thalas against other trolls.
    Only one holding a grudge is Thalryssa because Tyrande hurt her feelings while saying the truth, and nothing but the truth. And here we were thinking this Nightborne race was better than the other elves(not). Lets be fair, none of the elves mentioned here are anything but arrogant and see every opportunity to stab the other elves in the back as soon as they see it fit.

And how is Tyrande hypocritical when she talks about the bubble they made so they saved their own skin in Suramar? Can't remember seeing Tyrande in the 2nd war. It was Tyrande and her Night Elves(and their counterpart Blood Elves) who helped the liberation of Suramar, mot Genn Greymane.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't know when they sent him support, which is fine. But their forces still followed his racist policies after it became apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This horde logic is getting old. First Jaina, no Alleria. Whoever doesn't to the horde's bidding is insane in the membrane.

That rhetoric is getting old.
    I don't play or like Horde. Doesn't mean I like insane void elves.

Alleria is a psychopath.

Oh, there is another choice? She got exiled from her homeland, Lor'themar does whatever Sylvanas tells him and her family is part of the Alliance. Anything else seems even less logical than helping those who were exiled too and protecting her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Oh, there is another choice? She got exiled from her homeland, Lor'themar does whatever Sylvanas tells him and her family is part of the Alliance. Anything else seems even less logical than helping those who were exiled too and protecting her family.
    Ignoring why they were exiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They didn't know when they sent him support, which is fine. But their forces still followed his racist policies after it became apparent.
    And what would happen if they didn't? No, no one from the Alliance liked how he treated his forces. Those who were with him didn't have a chance to say no. Not to mention he was probably their only chance to survive.

Certainly makes sense for her to be fighting Silvermoon. Remember, the High Elves at this point are pretty much a government-in-exile, rather than being a separate race; it's a political dispute more than anything else, and Alleria missed most of the reasons to go along with Lor'themar's government.

If we're playing with hypotheticals, I could totally see them wanting to pull off a coup in Silvermoon and install Alleria or some other exile. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the common Blood Elves would have much of a problem with it; they're not exactly Horde loyalists.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2017-12-04 at 03:16 AM.