The more i look at World the more i kind of wish it had a difficulty mode. Or at least expanded on the current "Do X for greater, optional rewards" challenges on hunts. I understand the games got far more stuff for accessibility to bring in a larger audience, but so far there doesnt seem a way to turn stuff off for the people who want the monhun experience more than a dragons dogma style one. Personally i know ive got double cross on the switch to fall back on but i cant help but wonder about the longterm for this game.
    Because lets be real us series veterans will breeze through to HR in a couple of days so the question is how do they balance HR or G rank? if they keep all the same things as LR to aid new players then the core monhun audience will just go "NOT MUH REAL HIGH RANK!" and they will be the first widespread word of mouth about HR naturally. So do they add more options later in the game? or do they actually go for hard modes for the first time in the series you can choose from the guild gal?

Or is it just going to be a case of 'heres the story for the casual mainstream audience, but this shit like deviljho and rajang after that story? that was never intended for you to beat it' or something?

Knowing Capcom i would not be surprised to see a zelda style 'master mode' dlc that just turns stuff off and adjusts values at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t worry about low rank.

10+ Year Old Account

Went to MCM expo and finally they had some monster hunter merch again in the sea of funko pops literally nobody is buying anymore -perhaps youtube floggers dont need anymore for their "background geek shelves"- and for once i got exactly what i wanted from a Plus series vol.4 X/G box. 5 boxes, i pick them all up and ones super heavy. Say to the clerk 'ill have this gammoth one'. Buy it, open it and theres a bric of solid plastic shaped like a Gammoth inside

10+ Year Old Account
    I love going in random games, people talkin about games they want to get, and MH:W being a game people are lookin forward too because they heard on reddit or on youtube how good it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    good news for sony MH enthusiasts. Singapore is getting the special ps4

http://gameaxis.com/news/678-monster...-confirmed-sg/

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    good news for sony MH enthusiasts. Singapore is getting the special ps4

http://gameaxis.com/news/678-monster...-confirmed-sg/
    700 is quite abit though
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    700 is quite abit though
    Enthusiasts not regular fans.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta soon
    expect tons of sick vids

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Ikr, i wish i had money for ps+
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Ikr, i wish i had money for ps+
    If you really want to experience the beta but can't afford it, make a new account and sign up for the PS+ trial. You'll still get access to the beta.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I'm surprised how many people on the monhun reddit are upset no xbonx beta. People using phrases like "capcom should know they are shitting on all the monster hunter fans that bought The One" seem oblivious to the fact the xbox brand has been poison in japan for years since a previous heads comments about japanese gamers after blue dragon wasnt a console pusher there. Do you put it out on the thing that everyone and their dog has or the thing that sells single digit units per week?

Can't blame them for being salty of course but at this point anyone who owns only an xbox should realise to japan they are an afterthought at this point to a market overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Can't blame them for being salty of course but at this point anyone who owns only an xbox should realise to japan they are an afterthought at this point to a market overseas.
    Right.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if XB1 is getting MHW just because its cheap/easy to port over from PS4. Also its only one Beta and then the game releases next month, Isn't like its a billion months away.

Really can't wait to play it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    The reddit and discords are gettin ready.

They haven't announced the PC release date still have they? I know I will get it for PC once it comes out for PC, but unlike Destiny I won't be able to wait to play this so I'll definitely be picking up one of the console versions(still undecided on which one though, since I have both a Pro and X)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    They haven't announced the PC release date still have they? I know I will get it for PC once it comes out for PC, but unlike Destiny I won't be able to wait to play this so I'll definitely be picking up one of the console versions(still undecided on which one though, since I have both a Pro and X)
    PC is not announced yet for the release date (because Capcom). Its enhanced for both the Pro and the X so its up to preference.

- - - Updated - - -

NEW TRAILER!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-12-09 at 02:30 PM.

Why are they speaking english, where are my grunts!
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Even as a MH player of earlier entries I'm already losing interest cause they refuse to say anything about pc release date. Not going to wait several month for a port in this day and age.