Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The People You Helped In Legion Want You Dead Now!

How does it feel knowing that the people you helped during Legion want you dead now? The Highmountian and Nightborne are now allied with the horde, while pretty much everyone from 7.3 is alliance aligned. Welp I guess they forgot about us helping them save the world. Your fucked. Horde players can't return to the Xenadar. Alliance can't go back to Thunder Totem or Shal'Aran. Well fuck you too assholes.

We still want each other dead after working together to defeat Ragnaros, Nefarian, C'thun, Kel'thuzad, Kael'thas, Kil'jaeden, Yogg-Saron, the Lich King, Cho'gall, Ragnaros (again), Deathwing, Lei Shen, Garrosh, Blackhand, Archimonde, Xavius, Gul'dan, Argus and even Sargeras.

What else is new.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    How does it feel knowing that the people you helped during Legion want you dead now? The Highmountian and Nightborne are now allied with the horde, while pretty much everyone from 7.3 is alliance aligned. Welp I guess they forgot about us helping them save the world. Your fucked. Horde players can't return to the Xenadar. Alliance can't go back to Thunder Totem or Shal'Aran. Well fuck you too assholes.
    Could you be any more over the top drama queen please? Furthermore you simply don't know that as of yet. Like Thrall was never attacking any alliance player who wasn't pulling him in his throne room, so the major characters we interacted with will probably also not attack us. It's questionable if all of the NB will change to the horde, it is rather questionable though. The same can be said about the army of light though or the whole fucking draenei race. I killed their arch nemesis and did all the work because they couldn't finish their crusade even after 25k years. Yet these pricks dare attack me. Well maybe. Here as well we do not know if the whole faction is involved.

You're taking my post way too seriously tbh. lol

It amuses me that we live in a world where people get in fights over dumb shit all the time, and hold onto grudges from centuries ago which still fuels warfare today and somehow, it's unrealistic that fantasy factions fight each other over similar things.

Gameplay > story.

This is an MMO. If you want good, congruent story lines go play single player games.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We still want each other dead after working together to defeat Ragnaros, Nefarian, C'thun, Kel'thuzad, Kael'thas, Kil'jaeden, Yogg-Saron, the Lich King, Cho'gall, Ragnaros (again), Deathwing, Lei Shen, Garrosh, Blackhand, Archimonde, Xavius, Gul'dan, Argus and even Sargeras.

What else is new.
    #BadWritingIsBad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    Gameplay > story.

This is an MMO. If you want good, congruent story lines go play single player games.
    Uh no. I expect that if you put content of any nature in a game that it's good. If they didn't want good story in WoW, they shouldn't have added story to start with.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2017-12-03 at 11:14 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

its pretty dumb and bfa is going to be the worst written expansion yet as we see all the characters lobotomized to force the square premise through a round hole

but if wow survives the expansion maybe the next one will be better

Japan was with the Allied Powers in World War I. Then in World War II they were with the opposing side. Then, after that war they became one of the Allies' strongest allies up until this day. War and peace is complicated business.

And the timeline in World of Warcraft is linear, by that I mean when you go to Outland you don't see it as it looks where we are in the lore right now. You see it as it looked at that point in time when we went beyond the Dark Portal those many years ago. The world doesn't keep up with the timeline. So you can go there, but that's a gameplay feature, but it's not an accurate representation of the location in the lore as it would be right now. You get it.

Drama Queens assemble?

I can't remember seeing a statement saying that Alliance won't be able to access Thunder Totem/Suramar anymore though...

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    its pretty dumb and bfa is going to be the worst written expansion yet as we see all the characters lobotomized to force the square premise through a round hole

Look at this inside Man. Either you're a developer or you're placing a lot of value into that crystal ball of yours!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they don't WANT you dead, you might be a foe but some races don't have a WANT to dispatch you. Just look at the Tauren.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Im planing on throwing thalyssra at that stupid Wither scenario.

So many times for that Damn artifact skin.And still need to do it 2 more times.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're taking my post way too seriously tbh. lol
    Your post is a story/lore reasoning post. How else are people supposed to discuss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Drama Queens assemble?

I can't remember seeing a statement saying that Alliance won't be able to access Thunder Totem/Suramar anymore though...

Look at this inside Man. Either you're a developer or you're placing a lot of value into that crystal ball of yours!
    i havent been wrong about an expansion so far. in 2 years u will look back and think to urself "that guy whos name i forgot on mmo champion was right about how bad bfa got" but by then it will be too late

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Could you be any more over the top drama queen please? Furthermore you simply don't know that as of yet. Like Thrall was never attacking any alliance player who wasn't pulling him in his throne room, so the major characters we interacted with will probably also not attack us. It's questionable if all of the NB will change to the horde, it is rather questionable though. The same can be said about the army of light though or the whole fucking draenei race. I killed their arch nemesis and did all the work because they couldn't finish their crusade even after 25k years. Yet these pricks dare attack me. Well maybe. Here as well we do not know if the whole faction is involved.
    Could you take an obvious joke posting any more serious, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    It amuses me that we live in a world where people get in fights over dumb shit all the time.
    So I get this whole thread is meant to be silly, but to get serious for a second:

The trouble is the perspective, I think. Legion questing has you working very directly with leadership type characters. For an Alliance player questing in Highmountain and Suramar, your character is personally and directly responsible for helping save those factions and by the end of the questline your character is basically treated as a personal friend of those respective leaders.

Obviously there's going to inherently be a disconnect between how things play out in questing storylines and how the lore moves forward at large and ultimately from an overaching story standpoint the reasons why things happen the way they do make enough sense.

But I also think it's understandable why an Alliance player might be irked here, given how personal the storylines in Legion get.

10+ Year Old Account

I think the team that is building BfA is the same team that built WoD, and it's not the same team that built Legion or has probably by now started working on 9.0. So my expectations are also pretty much rock-bottom for this round. See you in like 30 months for 9.0 void expac hype.

And also OT yes it's weird, but expect a lot of half-baked shitty ideas in 8.0. Just like WoD, they had delusions of grandeur when the design phase started, but none of their ideas actually ended up working very well and a huge chunk of development resources got sunk into ultimately cancelled features. For example allied races were going to be sub-races originally, and most of the expac was supposed to take place on fucking boats until -- after developing substantial new engine tech just for this purpose and wasting thousands upon thousands of art & engineering hours -- someone got a clue and realized it was just kind of lame.

They still have to ship something though, so we'll get a few lukewarm gameplay features along with a story that could have been written by an 8 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    #BadWritingIsBad

- - - Updated - - -

Uh no. I expect that if you put content of any nature in a game that it's good. If they didn't want good story in WoW, they shouldn't have added story to start with.
    *snickers*

You make story sacrifices for gameplay's sake. That's just the way it has to be. Sorry bro.

i havent been wrong about an expansion so far. in 2 years u will look back and think to urself "that guy whos name i forgot on mmo champion was right about how bad bfa got" but by then it will be too late
    You've been wrong about plenty of things, including WoW expansions, would be my estimate from reading what you've had to say so far.

/bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You've been wrong about plenty of things, including WoW expansions, would be my estimate from reading what you've had to say so far.

/bored.
    well u havent heard what i said about previous expansions so ur estimate doesnt really have any weight. in any case it doesnt matter. u will know when the time comes.