Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People can't communicate, don't trust anyone, can't commit to jack, and can't see past themselves. I think that's what leads to people wanting to cheat, and when they do - I think they're cowards because they couldn't just tell the other person it was over. Man/Woman/Apache Attack helicopter up, and tell the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Did you know she had a BF while you had you "thing" with her?
    And if you did, how could you live with yourself knowing what an ass you are?
    How is this even relevant? He's not the one in the relationship and so he's not the one who's cheating. You have no obligation to some random chic's SO. I do, however, generally stick to a rule: "Never play in another man's yard. But if she climbs the fence, put her ass to work." This is a compromise between not messing with another man's woman and not turning down what's freely offered. If you seek out a woman, knowing she's with someone else, you're an asshole. If a woman comes onto you, her having a SO is irrelevant because she made the move. If she does have a SO, she's the asshole.

When you ask 18 year old's for advice on sex and relationship :P
    Meh, talking about relationships in general is inane.

Then again, I have been in her BF's shoes, so I might take this a bit personal :P
    This has always irked me. Someone cheats and their SO goes after the person they cheated with. It's the epitome of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    There are extremely few circumstances where cheating is justifiable
    From a purely rational perspective, this is true. After all, if you're not satisfied with your current partner, just leave. However, there are circumstances where someone who looks a lot better than your SO comes up. If it's freely offered, take it. Deal with the consequences later. Life's too short to be stuck with one hole/pole. And feels are overrated.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-12-04 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    From a purely rational perspective, this is true. After all, if you're not satisfied with your current partner, just leave. However, there are circumstances where someone who looks a lot better than your SO comes up. If it's freely offered, take it. Deal with the consequences later. Life's too short to be stuck with one hole/pole. And feels are overrated.
    Im not sure if your remark is a joke, but I'll reply as id.ot weren't.

What you say seems to me a contradiction, and the later behaviour would just make one a despicable person.

You're in a relationship, and you'd jump the fence because someone hot wants you? Then this person is a dick and not really ready for that sort of commitment. Might as well be on their own instead of hurting someone

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When would it ever be justified?

Every circumstance, if you believe that it is not morally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    When would it ever be justified?
    If your partner is a jerk, treats you poorly. Im not suggesting domestic violence, but being a general dick might make cheating more acceptable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Every circumstance, if you believe that it is not morally wrong.
    It is morally wrong under most circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    And yet still manage to regress, sexually. Touching a woman's back is now "sexual misconduct". A woman can whip her tits out to feed a baby (because they're not sexual organs) but a man accidentally brushes a woman's breast and it's "sexual assault/harassment" (because breasts are a sexual organ).
    A matter of point of view. Many would consider being able to breast feed without sexual implication and freedom from unwanted contact/attention to be progressive.

It's not normal for me.

I don't cheat, and I wouldn't tolerate being cheated on.

It is morally wrong under most circumstances.
    In your belief system, not mine. Don't impose your beliefs onto others.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your partner is a jerk, treats you poorly. Im not suggesting domestic violence, but being a general dick might make cheating more acceptable

- - - Updated - - -

It would still not be justified imo. If they treat you that way, get the hell away from that relationship and keep your honor. The person clearly does not love you.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-12-04 at 01:48 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're in a relationship, and you'd jump the fence because someone hot wants you? Then this person is a dick and not really ready for that sort of commitment. Might as well be on their own instead of hurting someone
    That may be true. But not everyone views relationships and sex in a vacuum. They're not interdependent nor are the mutually inclusive. That's why open relationships work. You can care about someone but want to sleep with someone else. It's natural to want to bang with someone you find attractive, even while in a relationship. Clearly, if there's an agreement of sexual exclusivity and you go against that, you're being an asshole. But any reason is an acceptable reason to end a relationship. Even if it's just bang someone hot. Relationships, like life, are transient.

Well, I have a thumb rule in life. If you are gonna do something stupid, consider the consequence. Put yourself in shoes of whoever might get hurt by your actions.
    And when it comes to my case, I knew the person. I knew he had been flirting with her for weeks, begging her to break up with me.
    I confronted him, a pasty English guy with a squeaky voice. And like you, he claimed he had nothing to do with this.
    While you and I might disagree on this, I think he is just as guilty at breaking up a relationship when he knew about me. Even though she might have been mostly to blame. It was hard to hate someone you still had feelings for, but I had no problem hating this guy.
    That seems to fall under my first example. He actively sought to engage with someone who was involved. That makes him an asshole. But if she went after him and he complied, she'd be the asshole, not him.

It's not the epitome of stupidity, its just how feelings work.
    That was in reference to the latter part of my post, where the girl seeks out another guy and her SO gets mad at the other guy instead of her, not your example. Also, feelings are pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A matter of point of view. Many would consider being able to breast feed without sexual implication and freedom from unwanted contact/attention to be progressive.
    There's nothing progressive about double standards. If tits aren't a sexual organ, then they're not a sexual organ. Period. I've actually witnessed a similar scenario play out in all of its absurdity. A woman was breast-feeding her child and she got pissed because some guy walked by and looked at her tits. You can't have it both way, sorry.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-12-04 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not against the law to be a cheater. :P So no one is going to punish you for it, except maybe your wife's lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'd consider that respectful/caring/conscientious; progressive to be something along the lines of say, I don't know, using a bottle. I won't argue with more boobs in public view though. =)

I'm monogamous because I don't want to be a hypocrite.

I'm a red-blooded man, of course I see some women and feel sexual attraction to them. And if I'm single, I'm fine pursuing that.

But I am a little jealous, and I wouldn't accept my wife cheating on me, even once. So even though The Beast Within wants to sleep with lots of women I meet, I wouldn't do it, because it would be hypocritical of me to indulge that urge when my wife doing so would be a problem for me.

After doing an internet search I found 8 articles summarizing data on infidelity and one PEW research poll. According to what I found, reliable information on infidelity is difficult to come by because there are many factors which can't be controlled for. For example, The University of Colorado and Texas A&M conducted a study of nearly 5000 women asking questions using face to face interviews or an anonymous online questionnaires. When asked if they had cheated on their husbands in the past year 1% of face to face subjects answered affirmatively yet the number grew to 6% among those completing the questionnaire. What appears to be happening is infidelity overall is remaining relatively static but there are sharp increases among older couples and younger married women. There were a number of theories as to why this was happening ranging from the proliferation of erectile dysfunction treatments to more women traveling for work. Social media is also believed to be a facilitating factor in making it much easier to find someone with which to cheat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'm monogamous because I don't want to be a hypocrite.

I'm a red-blooded man, of course I see some women and feel sexual attraction to them. And if I'm single, I'm fine pursuing that.

But I am a little jealous, and I wouldn't accept my wife cheating on me, even once. So even though The Beast Within wants to sleep with lots of women I meet, I wouldn't do it, because it would be hypocritical of me to indulge that urge when my wife doing so would be a problem for me.
    Excellent points.

Too many available options and too many ways to cheat now a days. Many dating sites around. Texting, email makes discrete convo too easy. Women are on a tear right now, basically cheat non stop. They are always getting hit up, they have a lot of ways to hide it. If they get a divorce all the laws set them up very nicely afterwards. Its almost no consequences for them to cheat. All they have to do is find another dummy to help take care of them, which there are plenty of out there.

cheating's always been a thing, people just talk about it now
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    There is even adds on TV about how flirting isnt wrong and when you go to their site you only see couples cheating.
    Like how the hell has it become normal to cheat that it even airs on tv commercials?
    Brainwashing media and politics for decades basically. They manipulate parents how to raise the future generations.

• Be liberal
    • Be independent
    • Be free
    • Be strong
    • Be single
    • Be "experienced and wise"
    • Accept and prefer exotic cultures

In reality it leads to:
    • Decaying culture, roots, traditions
    • Disrespectful, arrogant, violent, irresponsible, ignorant generations
    • No committment
    • Founding a family even later
    • Late pregnancy (health issues) - and this is the most important point, because no political ideology can fight the Nature. Giving birth at late ages (over 30, or even 40 nowadays) is risky for both the mother and the child. The possibility to have some kind of degeneration on the fetus and the child increases greatly by the age of the parents, not to mention miscarriage rates.

Media and politics encourage native ppl to do the above - meanwhile makes us financially even more dependent (and media again: buy this, buy that, build a career, be strong).
    This leads to smaller or even no families, dwindling population (only the native), and importing foreigners to "replace" the missing manpower.

Basically roughly this is the reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Belief system? Unless you're a proponent of open relationships, i don't see how you can justify cheating. Then again if you had that sort of relationship it wouldn't be cheating.

So if you're committed to a single person and you jump over the fence, that's wrong, and makes you an immature, fearful coward.