Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Horde Fel Orc as Allied Race

As all the new allied races have been based on existing ones but with some change in appearance, I started thinking of what could best fit the orcs. Mag'har Orcs, brown and uncorrupted Orcs, have been the most talked about option, but their limited difference with existing Orcs(only skin colour) might not make them interesting enough for it. Hence I arrived at Fel Orcs.

What are they?
    They're Orcs that drank the blood of pit lords and became corrupted by fel magic. They can have a red, black or grey skin colour, they have spikes on their spine and/or arms, enlarged tusks and their eyes are glowing red or green. They can also be larger in size than our regular orcs.
    Their spikes might stick through armour, but we already see this on Forsaken, so it might not be much of a problem.

https://i.imgur.com/iE2PLI1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1vmwU1t.jpg

How could they be added?

During the Legion expansion, we haven't been shy of using the enemy's power against them, Demon Hunters and Warlocks being prime examples of this.
    Despite Burning Crusade lore being rather shaky, Fel Orcs seemed to have a mind of their own and worked alongside Illidan in his fight against the Burning Legion. With our defeat of the Burning Legion itself, their connection with the Burning Legion could be severed entirely.
    There have also been attempts in the past to cure the Fel Orcs.

Where would they come from?

There's two major options, either we go with the Fel Orcs from Outland or we go with the ones from Alternate Draenor. Obviously the models would be the ones from Draenor as the Outland ones are hopelessly outdated, but maybe staying away from actual Alternate Draenor might be for the best.

Who would lead them?

This is a bit of a tough one, as we killed Kargath Bladefist in Outland and Kil'rogg Deadeye in Alternate Draenor. My suggestion would be a joint leadership of Jorin Deadeye and Grillok Darkeye, both of the Bleeding Hollow Clan, one is a Mag'har Orc and one a Fel Orc. The playable Fel Orcs could then largely come from that clan.
    If we're going with alternate Draenor Fel Orcs, maybe Grom Hellscream can lead cured Fel Orcs that still maintain their Fel features.

Why Fel Orcs?

They're a more unique option than just skin colour, there are already good recent models of them(male and female), they have an interesting backstory and could provide for more interesting story developments. With the Alliance looking towards the Void for new recruits, the Horde could look towards Fel.
    If we're going to be fighting the Alliance, why not use soldiers that were able to bring a previous Alliance to its knees and managed to kill a demi-god.

What classes?

Warrior, (dark) shaman, hunter, demon hunter(*), rogue, mage, warlock

(*)The Fel Orcs were part of the Illidari, it makes sense that if any other playable race was able to become DH, it would be Fel Orcs.
    Last edited by mmoceb869bdf1d; 2017-12-04 at 01:35 AM.

I'd love Fel Orcs, but I imagine they'd rather go with brown orcs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, fel orcs make way more sense to be an allied race since they, despite the skin color, would have different features like spikes and racials due to the long consume of fel blood

The problem is: they are pretty much demons, or almost demons, consumed by madness and bloodlust, its hardy to see this working

but well, this guy https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quartermaster_Dekrok is horde already, so why not?

put the fel orc as allied race, and the other skin tones( like grey, black-grey and brown) as customization from normal orcs.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-12-04 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Well, fel orcs make way more sense to be an allied race since they, despite the skin color, would have different features like spikes and racials due to the long consume of fel blood

The problem is: they are pretty much demons, or almost demons, consumed by madness and bloodlust, its hardy to see this working
    As mentioned in my original post, during the Burning Crusade we see Kargath Bladefist and his Fel Orcs take over Hellfire Citadel from Magtheridon and work together with Illidan. They were part of his army, just like the Naga, Shivarra(actual demons), Blood Elves and Broken. If they were recruited by Illidan to fight against the Burning Legion, they must have been strong enough to severe their ties and remain in control.
    One of the attempts at curing them could also have succeeded in giving them more control and thus not succumb to the madness. Some of the bloodlust would remain, giving them a reason to join the Horde who'd give them enough targets to unleash it. They'd essentially be shock troops, scary frontline warriors ready to unleash havoc on their foes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    As mentioned in my original post, during the Burning Crusade we see Kargath Bladefist and his Fel Orcs take over Hellfire Citadel from Magtheridon and work together with Illidan. They were part of his army, just like the Naga, Shivarra(actual demons), Blood Elves and Broken. If they were recruited by Illidan to fight against the Burning Legion, they must have been strong enough to severe their ties and remain in control.
    One of the attempts at curing them could also have succeeded in giving them more control and thus not succumb to the madness. Some of the bloodlust would remain, giving them a reason to join the Horde who'd give them enough targets to unleash it. They'd essentially be shock troops, scary frontline warriors ready to unleash havoc on their foes.
    they maintain some control, but they are not good, or good aligned, thats crucial the problem, even if they can contain themselves, they are still evil, malefic, sadic, etc

They would need to retcon some things, like to say when maghterion died, they have their minds back, they are free and do not have more demon fire in their veins, more or less like the normal orcs with Manoroth, but their appearance was already changed, so they could not go back and the horde give then a second chance

Honestly I love this idea. Though Fel Orcs are traditionally demonic or extremely bloodthirsty, that could be part of their arc within the Horde. They have been without Magtheridon for so long that the bloodlust is fading (like it has in the past with green orcs) and they have calmed down a lot. Maybe the Horde saw their desperation, and with the help of the BE Illidari, decided to recruit and rehabilitate them.

As for their leader, I have a crazy idea but hear me out.

Nazgrel.

A few expansions ago, there was a hardly noticeable glitch where some orc NPCs including Nazgrel turned into Fel Orcs. Syegfryed mentioned Dekrok, one of the NPCs who never changed back. Just say that the Horde forces in Outland who stayed behind to make sure things remained stable noticed that they slowly became effected by the Fel energies in Outland, and after changing they refused to come back because they didn't want to disgrace the Horde with their mutated selves. Then they heard about what happened to the Legion, and maybe Thrall / The Illidari can come back and convince them to return, and bring their lost brutal relatives with them. They would finally get to serve the Horde again after being stuck in Outland for 5-6 expansions, and they bring a new powerful element with them.

I mean they could be the remnants of the Outland fel orcs that have decided to join the horde, but I feel like we're multiple expansions late for them to just suddenly exist again and want to do this.

If they had done this whole "allied races" thing during TBC, then oh yeah, fel and mag'har orcs would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Honestly I love this idea. Though Fel Orcs are traditionally demonic or extremely bloodthirsty, that could be part of their arc within the Horde. They have been without Magtheridon for so long that the bloodlust is fading (like it has in the past with green orcs) and they have calmed down a lot. Maybe the Horde saw their desperation, and with the help of the BE Illidari, decided to recruit and rehabilitate them.

As for their leader, I have a crazy idea but hear me out.

Nazgrel.

A few expansions ago, there was a hardly noticeable glitch where some orc NPCs including Nazgrel turned into Fel Orcs. Syegfryed mentioned Dekrok, one of the NPCs who never changed back. Just say that the Horde forces in Outland who stayed behind to make sure things remained stable noticed that they slowly became effected by the Fel energies in Outland, and after changing they refused to come back because they didn't want to disgrace the Horde with their mutated selves. Then they heard about what happened to the Legion, and maybe Thrall / The Illidari can come back and convince them to return, and bring their lost brutal relatives with them. They would finally get to serve the Horde again after being stuck in Outland for 5-6 expansions, and they bring a new powerful element with them.
    It would definitely be nice to have Nazgrel do something. Feels like he was just forgotten about in Outland. That's why I picked Jorik Deadeye, he was friends with Garrosh and Saurfang the Younger, yet also left in Outland and forgotten about. With your proposal of Outland affecting them, he could be added as well. Since most of the named Fel Orcs are dead, it helps give them a face.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean they could be the remnants of the Outland fel orcs that have decided to join the horde, but I feel like we're multiple expansions late for them to just suddenly exist again and want to do this.

If they had done this whole "allied races" thing during TBC, then oh yeah, fel and mag'har orcs would be great.
    That's where the end of Legion comes in, that could be the catalyst for them to be free of demonic influence.
    We're also getting Dark Iron Dwarves now, whose addition would've been better fit in Cataclysm, when Magni was out of the picture and Moira returned to Ironforge.
    Last edited by mmoceb869bdf1d; 2017-12-04 at 03:09 AM.

We're also getting Dark Iron Dwarves now, whose addition would've been better fit in Cataclysm, when Magni was out of the picture and Moira returned to Ironforge.
    There was an entire scenario where Moira was showing Varian the capabilities of the Dark Iron in MoP. Would have been a great time to add playable Dark Irons.

I honestly think the differing orc tribes should be added as a group. Blackrock, Dragonmaw, Maghari, and Fel orcs all step forward at once to swear fealty to Sylvanas and serve the Horde.

I can't imagine there are a whole lot of them left at this point. A good chunk of the quests in Hellfire (and all the dungeons) involved us killing as many of them as we could.

Also, the Horde would be insane to let a bunch of bloodthirsty psychos into their ranks.

Fel Orcs are essentially weaponized crack addicts. They are bound to the person who controls the source of pitlord blood.
    Blizz would likely have to retcon, or get creative with lore to bring them in to the Horde.

You got the story a bit mixed up there, fel orcs were not liberated from magtheridon and "recruited" by ilidan. Ilidan actually expiremented on Maghari orcs after kidnapping/capturing and enslaving them in outland then locked them up in HFC for conversion. He then used his other prisoner magtheridon to siphon his demon blood into the orcs to convert them into his fel orc slave army. To be fair they were no mindless ghouls but they didn't seem to have their full faculties either. Ilidan seems to have "control" over them but they don't seem to be mindless drones.

If the idea is done right, I would love to see fel orcs as an allied race.

At this stage in the current lore, the Burning Legion has been defeated and the Illidari have become relevant again, both have had fel orcs in their ranks. They have nowhere to go now, so it's time for them to rejoin their people. Also, introducing fel orcs would add an interesting dynamic to the Horde, since fel and demons affected a number of Horde races.

I do believe that fel orcs would serve as a second orc allied race, as we all need uncorrupted/Draenor orcs (Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw, ect.) first.

Deleted
    It can work, i remember in TBC that a Orc NPC was trying to find a cure to make fel Orcs again abit more in control of there rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    I do believe that fel orcs would serve as a second orc allied race, as we all need uncorrupted/Draenor orcs (Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw, ect.) first.
    While those would be great from a story standpoint, I think the main issue is that they might run into the same problem that High Elves for Alliance do, they're too similar to the existing ones. Mag'har are just brown orcs, Blackrock are just greyish/black orcs, Dragonmaw are a bit more unique, sporting tattoos and glowing eyes with ashen skin. There's also the issue that many Blackrock and Dragonmaw that joined the Horde during Cataclysm and pre-Mists, sided with Garrosh and were the bulk of his "True Horde". Those that are left would probably be less willing to identify as their clan and just blend in with the general orcs.
    I do like a good redemption story and it was sad how they were basically just added to become villain fodder an expansion later.

7+ Year Old Account

they can come, no, blizzard should put then, as customization option, cause they don't make sense as allied race, and it will be boring as fuck bring 3 allied races as flavor of orcs who are the same

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they can come, no, blizzard should put then, as customization option, cause they don't make sense as allied race, and it will be boring as fuck bring 3 allied races as flavor of orcs who are the same
    Ideally, I would want them as an extra customization option, but at the rate we're going, they may not do that (just look at Lightforged draenei and Highmountain tauren). That's why I posted what I posted.

Also, I didn't mean three separate orc allied races. Uncorrupted orcs, which includes Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw, ect. can all fall into one allied race. I agree we don't need 3 flavors of orcs, because that -would- be boring. If they bunch them all into one allied race, you can get tattoo options and other unique options unavailable to default orcs, and there would still be room for diverse allied race options.

I would personally love to roll the grey one from AU Draenor. Blizzard did some amazing job on their appearance, we have to agree.

However, I think that uncorrupted orcs and other clans (Dragonmaw, Blackrock, etc.) which were not with the Horde so far are a more realistic option to come our way.

Having demonic orcs with nothing but 'kill them all' in mind on one side and uncorrupted clans which didn't join our Horde for various reasons on other, we can pretty much guess the ratio in chances.

Plus Grommash has a debt to pay back. Better send those AU orcs to help the Horde, and spend some time bonding with Thrall and hearing about himself from our universe and his heroic deeds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ideally, I would want them as an extra customization option, but at the rate we're going, they may not do that (just look at Lightforged draenei and Highmountain tauren). That's why I posted what I posted.

Also, I didn't mean three separate orc allied races. Uncorrupted orcs, which includes Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw, ect. can all fall into one allied race. I agree we don't need 3 flavors of orcs, because that -would- be boring. If they bunch them all into one allied race, you can get tattoo options and other unique options unavailable to default orcs, and there would still be room for diverse allied race options.
    the problem is, blackrock and draonmawn are also corrupted orcs

i know they will do a shit retcon and make the AU draenor orcs as allied race anyway, just a matter of time, but i do hope the dev team and ion create some sene and chose do the right thing

Agreed! They were part of the Illidari. And if they ll add them they might use that connection to tell a story where they explain the reason they are joining the factions of Azeroth. Also it would create oppurtunities to learn what happened to Outland since TBC.
    Last edited by Magister of Quelthalas; 2018-03-19 at 04:38 PM.