Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    Nah, Blizzard'd stop at Wotlk to relive the original trilogy..
    Why would Blizzard stop at WOTLK? Just by your opinion? See someone else will demand Cata, MOP, etc because you already opened the Pandora's box.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Then after TBC people will start demanding WOTLK servers and then Cata and MOP.

Why not just come out and say you don't want just Vanilla, you want to turn back the clock and relive retail WoW all over again?
    Fine, i want to turn back the clock and relive retail wow all over again.

On a more serious note. I think the big reason Classic, TBC and to a lesser extent WOTLK is sought after is partly because of how Cataclysm changed the world. There is also a distinct lack of matchmaking functions in TBC. I'm fine with Classic + TBC, don't think i would give WOTLK another go.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    Ooohh can't wait for a Cata and MoP server

They delete all your character on retail as well and make your relevel with rez sickness on all the way to max.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Why would Blizzard stop at WOTLK? Just by your opinion? See someone else will demand Cata, MOP, etc because you already opened the Pandora's box.
    Whats so wrong about going all the way? As long as it's properly administrated with servers moving forward and/or resetting and/or shutting down at appropriate times.

Lets say 24 months after classic launch. Blizzard wipe the servers clean or moves the servers to TBC. They also make the necessary adjustments to realm numbers, so that if fewer realms are needed they just remove some.

TBC runs for 24 months - reset or move forward
    WOTLK runs for 24 months - reset or move forward

I don't see anything wrong with any of this.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If they made a TBC server I would unsub. #NOCHANGES.
    HAHAHA! What? You want it to be classic forever? What a dumb idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vcraft View Post
    This is probably really early to mention but if blizzard did make the burning crusade server in the future which option would you choose?

Classic wow patch by patch leading to tbc.
    Separate server being able to transfer 60 character from classic wow to tbc. (keeping your character on classic wow so just duplicating onto tbc)
    Separate server starting over not being able to transfer 60 character over to tbc.

if you have another option please say
    Im pretty sure the audience will ask for TBC servers after a two year period or so naturally. Will depend on the success of Classic if devs are going to listen to that or not. If there are like 50K subs left in the Classic servers after the 2 year mark, i bet my one month salary TBC will remain nothing more than a wet dream for many, me included.
    If it was up to me, i would right away replace Classic with TBC server. Love the lore and setting much more.

I like TBC but I don't really see the feasibility. Let's say they really made TBC server come back then people will start to demand WLK, where exactly does it stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Velsuz View Post
    I like TBC but I don't really see the feasibility. Let's say they really made TBC server come back then people will start to demand WLK, where exactly does it stop?
    If there is demand, why not? Assuming they run on separate servers.

Vanilla has some justification in that almost all of its content has since been removed from the game.

Not so with TBC. You can lock a character's level and play it right now. Nobody is stopping you except yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I am of the FIRM belief that this will NEVER happen, but, even if i am wrong about that, a BC:Classic would not be released until roughly 2023. so i think we have some time.

give people an inch, they think they are entitled to a mile.

My head legitimately hurts thinking about people being upset about separate TBC/Wrarth servers. Where did you think this was headed? People are dumb as rocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    2nd option will be the most likely. Blizzard will most likely monetize the service and offer paid character copy from from a Classic Vanilla to Classic TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

All BC and subsequent expansion servers should be fresh. Moving level 60s over to a 70 server fucks up the server economy. It has killed virtually every private server that it has been tried on. Alternately, the servers could all just upgrade at once and leave vanilla behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Vanilla has some justification in that almost all of its content has since been removed from the game.

Not so with TBC. You can lock a character's level and play it right now. Nobody is stopping you except yourself.
    Have you watched Project 70 at all? 5 people can clear Mag's lair after hitting 70 on retail. That's not BC-like at all.

I hope they don't. This is a slippery slope that will lead to an awkward WoW fork years down the road. Do you want Blizzard to make a new fork every 10 years, repeating the entire line of expansions?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    My head legitimately hurts thinking about people being upset about separate TBC/Wrarth servers. Where did you think this was headed? People are dumb as rocks.
    I have no idea why people seem surprised and are against this. Not even the most dedicated vanilla players in the private server community want vanilla forever. The biggest servers all have/had plans to move through BC and Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I hope they don't. This is a slippery slope that will lead to an awkward WoW fork years down the road. Do you want Blizzard to make a new fork every 10 years, repeating the entire line of expansions?
    This is putting the cart way before the horse. Classic will die after Naxx comes out if they announce that they will never release BC and Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    This is putting the cart way before the horse. Classic will die after Naxx comes out if they announce that they will never release BC and Wrath.
    Incorrect. People want a classic server, not a BC or Wrath server. If people left after knowing there would be no expansions, then they never really wanted a classic server in the first place.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Incorrect. People want a classic server, not a BC or Wrath server. If people left after knowing there would be no expansions, then they never really wanted a classic server in the first place.
    What? You are worried that WoW might run in loops in 10 years if they release expansions but you see no problem in players running Naxx for 10 years without getting bored? Again, every major private server vanilla server has/had plans to move through expansions and none of those vanilla players saw any problem with that. Blizzard could always leave a few servers on Vanilla after Classic:BC comes out as well.

I want them to go as far as WOTLK and allow us transfers to expansions.

Keep Vanilla up, keep TBC up, keep WOTLK up so we can play all of those.