Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's of course bad writing that the Nightborne are joining the horde. They have recently been through a revolution and a demonic invasion. And the first thing they do after is joining the Horde AND making themselves enemies of the Alliance. I cringed listening to Thalyssra say "For the horde!" during the recruitment quest in 7.3.5 it's as bad as blood elves joining the Horde years ago. But for gameplay reasons I accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Uh no. I expect that if you put content of any nature in a game that it's good. If they didn't want good story in WoW, they shouldn't have added story to start with.
    Especially if they're going to continue releasing novels and lore books that expand the story.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand WoW lore. The plot is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the book series and post-modern existentialism most of the reasons we kill certain lore characters will go over a typical player's head. There’s also Blizzard's nihilistic take on society which is deftly woven into the overarching backstory in WoW - this philosophy draws heavily from late 19th century science fiction literature, for instance. Real WoW fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of WoW's plotline, to realize that it's not just intricate- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike WoW lore truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the significance of Mankirk's wife which itself is a cryptic reference to Tchaikovsky's epic symphony the 1812 overture. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ion Hazzikostas’s genius wit unfolds itself on their monitors. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Wrathion tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
    Last edited by arr0gance; 2017-12-04 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Especially if they're going to continue releasing novels and lore books that expand the story.
    Honestly I think they need to stop doing that. Make novels about cool characters? Fine. But if people have to read a book to understand what the fuck is going on in-game, they screwed up.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Zandalari. Got exalted with them back in Vanilla, helped them some more in Northrend, then some of the very quest givers I helped became raid bosses and tried to kill me. Now we're supposed to be friends again? The Zandalari better be bringing chocolate, cuz they have much to apologize for...

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Zandalari. Got exalted with them back in Vanilla, helped them some more in Northrend, then some of the very quest givers I helped became raid bosses and tried to kill me. Now we're supposed to be friends again? The Zandalari better be bringing chocolate, cuz they have much to apologize for...
    The actions of the Zandalari following the Cataclysm were largely lead by Zul, not Rastakhan. When the Horde arrives in Zandalar, it's on the brink of civil war between their followers, and it's the latter that treats with us.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2017-12-04 at 04:34 AM.

BfA is trash writing as a whole... who would've thought.

This is why Warhammer works so well. Everyone hates and wants to kill each other. The end. None of this pseudo-nuance Blizzard is always going for with hippie orcs and shit.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2017-12-04 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Could you take an obvious joke posting any more serious, please?
    On a board full of people who have lost all connection with reality, I'm very sorry that I don't remember which guy with a furry avatar is just trolling and which is legitimately throwing a hissy-fit.

The 8.0 allied races set a precedent for catastrophic faction/character shifts and inconsistencies. They will not update Legion to the new BFA "faction state" - at least not much. After all, we are still expected to grind our achievements, rep and mogs there. So good luck with farming those paragon boxes for the next 2 years, helping a faction that is at war with you once you leave the continent.

Yes, there have been NPC factions that were later written into a player faction (or changed from friendly to hostile) before: Dark Iron, Zandalari, Diremaul Highborne...and more..so the "concept" is not new...but the scale is devastating. It's like a nuke compared to conventional bombs. They are writing off a complete expansion worth of NPC factions...and thereby breaking many of the characters we all grew to like (or not...personal opinion). The Thalyssra that joins Sylvanas in attacking the Alliance is most definetly not the same Thalyssra that managed to help and cure her people mainly due to the help of Night Elves. I liked the Legion Thalyssra...and now she is basically dead and replaced by something else that behaves totally eratic. I'm not excited about this story development at all. If they wanted a Thalyssra that does not care about Night Elves and killing them...they should have told her so from the get go...and not created a far more sympathetic her for Legion.

Oh, and Elves yelling "For the Horde" is the worst thing that ever happened to WoW. Ironically...the only Elves that would have made SOME sense in the Horde from the get go are the Night Elves...and no matter how long Blizzard keeps jamming this down our throats "City Elves" yelling "For the Horde" will not get better.

Edit:
    And one last note...it does not help the matter that the only Legion "race" joining the Alliance (Lightforged) is not a race at all. You could say the same for Highmountain but they at least have a zone, home and lore that are all different from Bloodhoof Tauren. None of that is true for Lightforged. They are just cosmetically changed Draenei. No more, no less. Absolutely on par with upright Orcs, albeit not as cool. And Blizzard does not try to sell upright Orcs as a new race. Why? Why did they not leave the green Orcs hunched and bring Mag'har Orcs in that stand upright? Because it would not make sense in the lore? So does Lightforged being a "race"; they are normal Draenei that undergo a ritual. That's not a race. Because Orcs asked for straigt backs since 2004? So did Draenei ask for a permanent Gift of the Naaru since 2007.

I guess we all know the answer.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2017-12-04 at 05:07 AM.

I don't see it as "want you dead", just one faction was a better choice than the other and unfortunately it comes with an obligation to assist in wartime.